Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive two players

crazycolt1

Colts waved Da'Rick Rogers and Kerwynn Williams today. Anyone have any thought or ideas on who will be resigned or picked up for the PS? 

The Colts would probably like to sign them to the PS because they are better prospects than the WR and RB on the PS now.

But they are nothing special yet, nor for a long time...

You guys are over reacting big time.  I promise you Rogers and Williams will both be signed back to the practice squad.

Wiliams has no need to be on the regular roster right now, and as much as I like Rogers we really don't have any spots

on the regular roster for him right now either.  There isn't anyone seriously hurt enough to make room.  You will see both

of these guys signed back to the practice squad.

The Colts would probably like to sign them to the PS because they are better prospects than the WR and RB on the PS now.

But they are nothing special yet, nor for a long time...

Wait a minute - yesterday you had them activating Rogers from the PS because they wanted to protect him from other teams who wanted him. Now he gets cuts and he is nothing special - which is it?

Wait a minute - yesterday you had them activating Rogers from the PS because they wanted to protect him from other teams who wanted him. Now he gets cuts and he is nothing special - which is it?

Nothing special RIGHT NOW...he needs half season or so on the PS (or 53) to learn the O and prove he can keep out of trouble.

I would have been very surprised to see him active vs SF...he was inactive, as expected.

Rogers, a good NFL receiver now????  gimme a break.

As for adding him to the PS, I hope we do it...he looks like a better prospect than the totally injury-prone Danny Coale.

Now, go dog somebody elses posts....I am not responding to ANY of yours again.

Rogers has million dollar ability with a ten cent head, NFL teams don't fall all over themselves for that. 32 teams had the opportunity to draft him with any of the 270+ picks, they declined. Then they all had the opportunity to bring him in as a free agent, only the Bills made the plunge. The Bill then waived him, no takers, the Colts pick him up, waive him, no takers. Maybe he's not the great WR everyone thinks he is or can be..

Rogers could become something valuable and even special...he has a long road to travel...learn the O,,,stay out of trouble,,,learn how to practice,,,learn the craft of NFL WR (watch Reggie)...learn how to behave off the field.  If he can do all these things he could be making some noise in the NFL after mid-season.  Tough job for a young WR with his history....but it is up to him.

Nothing special RIGHT NOW...he needs half season or so on the PS (or 53) to learn the O and prove he can keep out of trouble.

I would have been very surprised to see him active vs SF...he was inactive, as expected.

Rogers, a good NFL receiver now????  gimme a break.

As for adding him to the PS, I hope we do it...he looks like a better prospect than the totally injury-prone Danny Coale.

Now, go dog somebody elses posts....I am not responding to ANY of yours again.

Stop writing unfounded, off base and contradictory posts and I will not be forced to point out their silliness.

Rogers could become something valuable and even special...he has a long road to travel...learn the O,,,stay out of trouble,,,learn how to practice,,,learn the craft of NFL WR (watch Reggie)...learn how to behave off the field. If he can do all these things he could be making some noise in the NFL after mid-season. Tough job for a young WR with his history....but it is up to him.

Based on all the criteria you listed, it's not looking good for the young man. In fact, the same can be said for any 'on the fringe' players.

I doubt we ever see him start a game in the NFL.