Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerome Bettis just said we can be a team to challenge the Broncos (ESPN)

smittywerb

Just saw it on a segment on ESPN.  He said that we have the offense that can keep the ball away from Peyton and also said we have the offense that "Peyton wish he had".

Man, I tell you, just this summer we were going to barely break 7 wins, now we are a team that can challenge the Broncos?  

We are witnessing the monster coming alive.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw it on a segment on ESPN.  He said that we have the offense that can keep the ball away from Peyton and also said we have the defense that "Peyton wish he had".

Man, I tell you, just this summer we were going to barely break 7 wins, now we are a team that can challenge the Broncos?  

Fixed it for ya. :)

It will be tough. Peyton is on a rampage to winning a superbowl this year and they have more experienced tougher receivers than we have. The only way to beat the Broncos would be scoring on every possession, while doing so eat up the clock with loooooong drives. We can put up with their defense if we run the ball.

Looking at the Bronco's schedule the only 3 teams that I think could challenge them this regular season:

#1 Kansas City (at KC)

#2 Indy

#3 Houston

In the playoffs, I think they could potentially have trouble with Seattle, Atlanta or SF in the Super Bowl (yea, we just smoked SF, but if they get Crabtree, Manningham, and Davis back they are a different team -- I happen to think Harbaugh is a very good coach and they will be a dangerous team).

I think a few teams in the AFC could challenge them, and if we can keep running the way that we did vs. SF we are certainly one of them.  The thing is, as much as I love Peyton -- he has always struggled a bit in the cold, especially in the cold/wet and he may very well get them in Denver if the Donkeys win home-field advantage.  In very sloppy conditions, I can see any team that can run/stop the run giving them trouble.  The problem with Denver is their D is very good, and they are missing 2 of their best players (Von Miller and Champ Bailey) so they should improve.  The other problem is, with Welker and Moreno on the field, Denver can execute a very quick, efficient passing attack.  If a team can stop their run in harsh conditions, and some how figure out how to stop their dink/dunk passing attack, I can see Peyton having a bit of trouble if forced to go deep to Thomas and Decker all game (especially if he is getting pressure from the front 7).

I still think the Broncos are hands-down favorites to go to the SB from the AFC, but I think there are a few teams (Indy included) that can give them trouble.  I think they might be in big trouble with the SB being played outdoors in NJ (that field is always very windy and will likely be cold/humid and possibly precipitation in snow/sleet/rain during February). 

It's one game.

Yeah, I think too many folks are going overboard.

We beat San Francisco and it is a great win. However, our offensive play calling left something to be desired. Had the 49ers not been as injured on offense, I think they would've taken advantage of the many opportunities we gave them in the first half & 3rd quarter.

We outlasted them and we got the win fair & square. But I honestly think it hinged on the 49ers' problems more than our prowess.

One game doesn't define a whole season, but I will say if we take this game as a blueprint, people better watch out. I actually like where things are now, where we're flying under the radar. Before this game, no one gave us a chance. Let the haters and disbelievers continue to do what they do best. We'll let our play do all the talking. Like Coach P has been preaching, stay humble!

Jeez. With a STUD at quarterback, an amazing defense, and now super talent at RB? How could you guys NOT win the super bowl? Anything less is a failure, in my opinion. You should win the AFCS by at least 4 games.

Don't you have some obvious double standards to point out to the world?

Jeez. With a STUD at quarterback, an amazing defense, and now super talent at RB? How could you guys NOT win the super bowl? Anything less is a failure, in my opinion. You should win the AFCS by at least 4 games.

Way to state the obvious Vance...

Jerome, put the pipe down, step away from the table, take two aspirin, and then call me in the morning.

Yeah I know totally. How could we possibly even fathom competing in the playoffs with the golden ones in Denver if we make it back in? I mean they got all those receivers and TDs.......we never saw that before with Manning!!! It's usually a guaranteed championship!!!!

acually

many an analyst have said this as we have now a team that can play smash mouth, an accurate Passer thats smart and also knows when to run, and a better d than many have thought, that is an all around team that can play some power ball

Seahawks were the other team most noted

man i just had a good rest after last night but still woozy

Just saw it on a segment on ESPN.  He said that we have the offense that can keep the ball away from Peyton and also said we have the offense that "Peyton wish he had".

Fixed it for ya. :)

Good rest, needed it, still woozy

Sky is falling!!! Sky is falling!!! Oh wait...wrong week!!! SB CHAMPS!!! SB CHAMPS!!!