Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsays newest tweets!

cjwhiskers

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about this. He was the 3rd overall pick in 2012. We gave up a 1st with the expectations that we would make the playoffs. This guy has the potential to be a franchise player and we got him for a possibly early 20th pick. This is a steal! You guys have to look at the positives! I am so excited!

Think about this. He was the 3rd overall pick in 2012. We gave up a 1st with the expectations that we would make the playoffs. This guy has the potential to be a franchise player and we got him for a possibly early 20th pick. This is a steal! You guys have to look at the positives! I am so excited!

If we don't, this is easily a bad trade. Even if we do, I think it's too much.

Very true but also we do not know where the Colts will pick and who will be available.

definitly could have been

Both valid points I feel, though I think we might be higher than 24 this year unless things change quickly, but this is the sort of move that can make or break a season. Eggs in one basket...

Brown surely gone next year and maybe Bradshaw.

Still whatever you think... Wow.

I believe we will

If we don't, this is easily a bad trade. Even if we do, I think it's too much.

I believe this team can and will. This is only a hole that is now patched and filled. We will make playoffs this year and with the 40 million of cap space or so next year we will fill other holes. The colts will be a dynasty if all cards are played well.

Get a grip!  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We are benefiting from Cleveland tanking the season.

Who would we get with the 15th-20th overall? Werner's brother?

Get a grip on what?

I personally don't believe running backs are worth first round picks, even at the back of the first round. And we still have issues on the offensive line. So I don't like the price. Probably never will, and you can count on me complaining about it next April when we're sitting out of the first day of the draft.

However, I like the player, he makes us better right now, and he's not very expensive. I just don't think a first rounder is a good deal for a running back. Sorry if that makes me unreasonable.

Get a grip on what?

I personally don't believe running backs are worth first round picks, even at the back of the first round. And we still have issues on the offensive line. So I don't like the price. Probably never will, and you can count on me complaining about it next April when we're sitting out of the first day of the draft.

However, I like the player, he makes us better right now, and he's not very expensive. I just don't think a first rounder is a good deal for a running back. Sorry if that makes me unreasonable.

I agree.. Running backs are a dime a dozen.. With a good offensive line you could even make James Mungro look good.. I'd prefer to keep the first round draft pick.. I was happy with Bradshaw and Brown.

Get a grip on what?

I hear you, unless we go deep this season, or Richardson explodes the there will be grumbling on draft day. Especially when we trade back into the 1st :P

I am not opossed to Richardson, but honestly I don't think RB is the biggest need right now on this team!! Bradshaw played well as did Brown other than a %y pass block. At this point Richardson dosen't even know the play book. A first RB pick where ever it is, seems crazy. Sometimes I think Grigson just wants to make moves for the sake of making moves. Maybe down the road this move pays off, but a pass rusher, TE, a guard, WR, a Thumper type IIB, seems to me to be a better move, of more need, than a RB. Ballard your done now too. HMMMMM I guess we will see how it works out.

I am not opossed to Richardson, but honestly I don't think RB is the biggest need right now on this team!! Bradshaw played well as did Brown other than a %y pass block. At this point Richardson dosen't even know the play book. A first RB pick where ever it is, seems crazy. Sometimes I think Grigson just wants to make moves for the sake of making moves. Maybe down the road this move pays off, but a pass rusher, TE, a guard, WR, a Thumper type IIB, seems to me to be a better move, of more need, than a RB. Ballard your done now too. HMMMMM I guess we will see how it works out.

If you're looking at the big picture, it would've made a LOT LESS sense to trade for a TE. We have Allen and Fleener, sure Allen is out this year, but we are SET for the future at that position...we definitely were not set at RB. Ballard is not a bad RB, but he's average and will be coming off of a blown knee...  look at it like this, at the offensive skill positions we are stacked with young talent now... QB: Luck, RB: Richardson, TE: Allen and Fleener, WR: Hilton and Heyward Bey...  now all the offense is really missing is O Line...and a LOT of great O linemen in the NFL right now came outside of the 1st round.   I like the trade...you trade a draft pick that may or may not be a good NFL player, for last year's #3 pick who had ELEVEN TDs last season.

I am not one for giving up picks for players in the league, But we just got a stud RB who is 22 yrs old for a mid teens-low 20s pick.

Who also was taken at number 3 last year, and no one thinks that was too high.

Value= we still win the deal based on value. And we shouldnt have to look for an RB for the next 7 years.

How is this not good news? Knowing what we know at the present time?!?

Guest TeamLoloJones

One thing about Trent is he is a great receiver out of the backfield.  If Luck can perfect his check downs, then TRich could help Andrew feel a little better about losing Allen for the year.  I am hoping Pep utilizes some plays with Trent and Bradshaw on the field at the same time, that would be fun to watch.

Many on here are saying that RB is not a huge need.  I disagree.  We have some glaring holes and RB is one of them.  We saw how poor blocking by a RB (Brown) can cost you a game.  They obviously didn't feel comfortable riding Bradshaw and his bad feet as the #1 back.  I'm glad they made a move now rather than waiting for Bradshaw to get hurt and then rummaging through the trash for a RB.  I'm sure they called around and asked about other backs they may have been available but Richardson was the obvious choice because he didn't fit in the Browns' scheme.  Richardson is a good blocker, he has power, and he has speed once he breaks tackles.  I know we need o line help but I'm starting to think our o line problems are more on coaching than on talent.