Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsays newest tweets!

cjrulli

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're looking at the big picture, it would've made a LOT LESS sense to trade for a TE. We have Allen and Fleener, sure Allen is out this year, but we are SET for the future at that position...we definitely were not set at RB. Ballard is not a bad RB, but he's average and will be coming off of a blown knee...  look at it like this, at the offensive skill positions we are stacked with young talent now... QB: Luck, RB: Richardson, TE: Allen and Fleener, WR: Hilton and Heyward Bey...  now all the offense is really missing is O Line...and a LOT of great O linemen in the NFL right now came outside of the 1st round.   I like the trade...you trade a draft pick that may or may not be a good NFL player, for last year's #3 pick who had ELEVEN TDs last season.

Some good points, but Ol is still a problem & honestly most of the best OL come in the first round. You can find others but most do.

Some good points, but Ol is still a problem & honestly most of the best OL come in the first round. You can find others but most do.

Most OG come past the 1st round....RT past the 1st round...C past the first round...now LT is a 1st round pick every year....but you have to remember, we will have quite a bit of money in free agency again this off season, not to mention the fact that next year we will have Thornton coming into his 2nd year, after starting most of this season...and Donald Thomas will also be back.... While most definitely agree that we need to improve our O Line, I also believe that doing so through the draft isn't always the most productive way to do so...there are SO many "misses" on offensive linemen in the draft, so I would prefer to fix that through free agency, with known commodities

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, September 21, 2013 - insult to team owner
Hidden by -JJ-, September 21, 2013 - insult to team owner

Anybody want to try and crack this one? lol

Uh Oh...R Opt Slide... Allow gang break..receivers to sidelines..touch football,60+ free rush yards...ssshhhhh! Keep a secret!

That's an Irsayism for "I just did the biggest line of coke, ever"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Also check Jim Harbaughs availability..Time may be rignt to pull that trigger
    • Wrong..there will be several talented qbs available in offseason via trade or free agency..If Philip looks good roll with him another year..Im pro Philip Rivers..its refreshing to have a qb that can read a defense and get rid of the ball..
    • Could be Reich, no doubt.  It just struck me in your previous post about how Flus blitzed more in Dallas than here (acknowledging that he wasn't DC in Dallas).  I'm thinking that a person doesn't change their philosophy when they switch teams, its just as likely they run plays based upon the personnel they have.   I don't know about Reich.  He may not be a play caller.  Should Siranni call the plays?   Maybe he wants Flus to bend but not break because Reich doesn't feel like is O is where it needs to be from a personnel standpoint and scoring standpoint.  Hold the other team to FGs instead of giving up the big play.   All speculation or opinion.
    • I'm not saying the front 4 blitz. I'm saying we don't blitz as a D. And I'm saying we haven't blitzed a lot since Reich took over. Our front 4 would be able to "look" better, if our opponents were more concerned with the blitzing in general, be it LB or DB blitzes. Instead, they are able to focus on the front 4 without much thought or fear of the blitz. There's a symbiosis in blitzing in coverage. There's always a risk. We're just not that risky. It's why we also play a lot more zone than man.
    • Front 4 don't blitz, necessarily.  Maybe Flus doesn't blitz because Oke and Walker aren't very good, and Leonard has to stay back because he's the one with any competent range.  When he's on the field.
  • Members

• DougDew

DougDew 4,202

• Nickster

Nickster 525

• Caffrey

Caffrey 110

• EastStreet

EastStreet 7,038

• Behle

Behle 45

• Hoose