Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NE would give up a late 1 or 2. Just saying

You and Jeff Ireland could be bff's haha. Every time I hear this talk about trading fleener, my mind floods with laughter thinking about Ireland giving Denver two 2nd round picks for Brandon Marshall only to go and flip him to the Bears for two 3rd round picks. By chance would you be interested in trading me a quarter for these two shiny pennies. Two is greater than 1 haha. I only tease, but stop trying to unload Fleener. He's going to be an absolute stud for us.

As a theoretical construct, I can get the notion that any player is tradable, if it helps improve the team.

But I can't for the life of me see reason why the Pats would part with as much as a 1... or why the Colts would settle for that little (they got Fleener for a high 2, and he's starting to show signs of excelling).

Source? Or just speculation on your part?

I can't see them offering this or us accepting such a trade as there is nothing really gained by either side.

Ok say the trade goes down, considering we are running a 2TE set as a large part of our offense who is your other TE? Dallas Clark?!

Gosder Cherilus did not get a glowing report in this observation:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/8/1/4580144/2013-colts-training-camp-report-notes-from-day-five

Key line:

Gosder Cherilus is starting to concern me. Whenever I look at where the pressure is coming from during light scrimmages, it seems to from his side. Mathis and Werner both seem to be having success there, culminating with a Mathis "sack" today. I can't be completely sure of this observation, though. Sometimes it's just hard to see what's going on down there. But it's something to keep in mind.

It was heartening to see Ijalana on the practice field. He was supposed to be our eventual bookend tackle opposite Castanzo when he was drafted but injuries took their toll considerably. I hope Cherilus is worth the money.

Phil B is harsh on players and Colts when he needs to be, during the 2-14 season anytime he opened his mouth it was to rip Polian, so I don't buy the argument that just because he's local media he's a homer.  He was also one of the guys saying the Colts needed to part with Sanders long before they did, Collie needed to retire, Freeney wasn't going to be back this year due to his lack of production, that Manning wouldn't be back, and hasn't been afraid to criticize players when the make mistakes or aren't playing as well as they can.  He doesn't get a pay check from the Colts he has no reason to spin things in their favor.  In fact, I think the fact he's around the team as much as he is leads him to have a better sense of what is expected from this team than national media guys who have to cover other things. 

A great example of this is the national media is just today picking up on the story that Freeney is feeling wronged by the Colts for not offering him a contract after last year.  Chap, the local Colts beat guy, had that story weeks ago. 

hell I knew that when we didn't offer him a contract... He will definitely have Luck on his Radar when we meet and he will have 1 sacxk.

Dont quote me on this but I believe Sharper said he thinks we will miss the playoffs this year so the Patriots still have that Brady guy so logical conclusion would be the Patriots

yeah, i was 99% sure he would say patriots as no3 (in the top 3 :)) so i was shocked.. i also got the feeling he was always down on colts..

yeah, i was 99% sure he would say patriots as no3 (in the top 3 :)) so i was shocked.. i also got the feeling he was always down on colts..

He can be down on us all he wants, His opinion is taken into account when I listen to him but I value it very little, Not a fan of his even moreso in regards to his opinion on the Riley Cooper ordeal

Luck finishes 23-29 with 3 TDs. Had 14 straight completions at one point. #ColtsCamp

6 incompletions. What a scrub.

Don't any of you take this the wrong way and call me a debby downer or the opposite of a homer fan, but am i the only one slightly concerned with the fact that Luck has an amazing day in full pads when toler is out? Our defense seemed like it sucked the big one today. I know this is just practice... this is just my observation right now. 

I was never a real big fan of that analogy.  I know he means Chapman is very hard to move, but even I can run around a safe.  

We want that safe on wheels and rolling downhill.  Can't wait to see what he does in a real game.

Thing is thats not Chapman, he is not a guy thats gonna be that downhill and chase guy, to me when the Center and Guard double team him he just has to hold his ground long enough so when that RB runs up the middle they smack right into the back of either that Center or Guard and if they dont then we have to have the ILB able to be sflowing the right way (and not overpursuiting eheen he isflowing the right way) to make the tackle. We let the down hill and chase guy walk in Mookie, A guy who from what I saw did pretty decent as a 0 technique NT but struggled at the 1 Tech, Chapman (that Safe)can be ran around easily but if that Safe has sensors surrounding it(ILB's) that do there job correctly then it all comes together, a NT wont draw double teams every down, that just unrealistic, our ILB's have to be able to shed there blocks to, All just my opinion of course

Don't any of you take this the wrong way and call me a debby downer or the opposite of a homer fan, but am i the only one slightly concerned with the fact that Luck has an amazing day in full pads when toler is out? Our defense seemed like it sucked the big one today. I know this is just practice... this is just my observation right now. 

We have to take great plays on both sides of the ball with a grain of salt.  If one side is doing well, does that mean the other is poor?  What we can take away from Luck's day is that he's on the same page with the receivers and they're running sharp routes.

You have every right to be concerned about Toler being out.  With him gone, we have basically the same CBs as last year, and we know that wasn't great.  Davis came on, but he can't handle it all himself.  We have to hope that the front seven isn't going to make it comfortable for opposing QBs to pick them apart.

I was never a real big fan of that analogy.  I know he means Chapman is very hard to move, but even I can run around a safe.  

We want that safe on wheels and rolling downhill.  Can't wait to see what he does in a real game.

Based on that report a couple days about him exploding off the line and overpowering Satele and McGlynn, I don't think we have to worry about that ill-fitting analogy. 

Based on that report a couple days about him exploding off the line and overpowering Satele and McGlynn, I don't think we have to worry about that ill-fitting analogy. 

What scares me is that he's probably not going to be the only guy tossing around Satele and McGlynn.  

Worked well for guys like Jamal Williams and Casey Hampton

Worked well for guys like Jamal Williams and Casey Hampton

Yeah, you want an immovable object as the fulcrum of a 3-4 defensive front. In their prime, Williams and Hampton were the embodiment of that. Hampton moved better than Williams, but if Chapman is as good as either of them, we'll have a great nose tackle.

What scares me is that he's probably not going to be the only guy tossing around Satele and McGlynn.  

Take the "probably" out of that statement and ya hit the nail on the head, A shame, I met Satele a few times now and got to talk to him, seems like a real nice guy, I like him. Dont know much about Mcglynn in terms of his personality

Gosder Cherilus did not get a glowing report in this observation:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/8/1/4580144/2013-colts-training-camp-report-notes-from-day-five

Key line:

Gosder Cherilus is starting to concern me. Whenever I look at where the pressure is coming from during light scrimmages, it seems to from his side. Mathis and Werner both seem to be having success there, culminating with a Mathis "sack" today. I can't be completely sure of this observation, though. Sometimes it's just hard to see what's going on down there. But it's something to keep in mind.

It was heartening to see Ijalana on the practice field. He was supposed to be our eventual bookend tackle opposite Castanzo when he was drafted but injuries took their toll considerably. I hope Cherilus is worth the money.

thought that sack was while working against Costanzo.... maybe it was a different Mathis sack... I just remember the tweet saying that AC puts his hands on his helmet and dropped a loud Fbomb

Something to keep an eye on, but it's questionable to me that after a week, Mishler comes out and says that Cherilus has been giving up pressure all camp. First we've heard of it, from what I know.

I think he'll be fine.

Bob Lamey said Cherilus was "dominating" at RT in one of his training camp recaps on the colts app

For the week, Luck was 128-of-190 (67.4 percent) with nine TDs and three interceptions. In fairness to the defense, a portion of his success came in 7-on-7 work when a QB’s completion rate should soar.-Mike Chappell

Some of what you hear is going to be nothing but positive from some local media undoubtedly in my opinion, Not always or every time but the best set of eyes to judge a players performance is your own

What if you don't know what you are lookng at?

What if you don't know what you are lookng at?

None of us are going to know what were actually seeing all the time, but anybody can study the game, there is tons of info by former coaches one can read and compare and contrast to what the average joe sees compared to what former coaches and coordinators and players say and breakdown, Other things such as a LT gettin whipped for a sack 1 on 1 by a DE would be obvious to see, or even on a Stunt if one knows what that is is fairly obvious to decipher and figure out who got beat for a sack. I have NFL Rewind and the All 22 Film(coaches film) is offered with that so it comes down to how much game tape ya wanna watch and how much reading you want to do

And hopefully right into one of our inside linebackers (Or Landry - See: "Snotbubble"), which would be the point. I get what you're saying though. It's just that if he's taking on double teams at the line, one of our LB's should be able to get in there and make the play.

I can't wait to finally see Chapman in a game.

And hopefully right into one of our inside linebackers (Or Landry - See: "Snotbubble"), which would be the point. I get what you're saying though. It's just that if he's taking on double teams at the line, one of our LB's should be able to get in there and make the play.

I can't wait to finally see Chapman in a game.

They were talking about how important NT play was to Ray Lewis's success on 1070 this afternoon. That the few times the ravens lacked solid NT play, Lewis looked far less stellar... I think the quote was something like he got embarrassed and looked lost...

If Chapman and/or Franklin can occupy blockers, it frees ILBs to really shine in this D.

Take the "probably" out of that statement and ya hit the nail on the head, A shame, I met Satele a few times now and got to talk to him, seems like a real nice guy, I like him. Dont know much about Mcglynn in terms of his personality

Do you think Satele looks improved at all from last year.  I know he was playing hurt for a good portion of last season. In your oppionion, would he be a competent center if we had a good guard in place of McGlynn?