Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict Werner Stats

danlhart87

34 tackles

3 sacks

1 FF

0 Int's

I think Walden outplays him all year long

Erik Walden, 2x All-Sun Belt and statistically the worst LB in football will be better than our first round pick, former All-American and ACC DPOY Bjoern Werner? I'll believe it when I see it.

40+ tackles / 10+ for loss

6 sacks

1 int

2 FF

3 Passes Batted Down

I'm predicting he will start on at least 3rd down and maybe some 1st and 2nd downs.

40 tackles (higher tackle numbers due to his skills against the run)

8 sacks (6 with his hand in the dirt, other 2 as a blitzing LB)

1 Int (catches a high forced fumble caused by Mathis)

2 FF (1 on a sack of Phil Rivers, other on a heavy hit on Chris Johnson)

6 pass bats

40 tackles

7.5 sacks

1 INT

2 FF

3 batted passes

72 Das Boots drank

Not going to predict his stats per se, but I really like the fact that Dustin, Gavin, TK, Johnny Dee, and Lolly (Others if I missed ya :)) mention passes batted down"

This truly had been a lost art until JJ (S)Watt seemed to bat down everything this past year.  The last guy I remember that kicked tail in this area was Reggie White.  I believe he still owns the record unless Swatt of the Texans broke it...not sure on that one.

Good job fellas!!

I also would love a couple of swflacoltsfans ice cold beers please  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :party:  :party:  :faint:  t-h-u-d

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Colts’ offense used a lot of slants and screen in 2023 using RPO plays and pre-snap motion while running the ball on 44.1% of plays.  The Colts have the 12th-best run blocking lines led by Raimann and ran his directions on 16% of rushes.   Raimann according to PFF (run-blocking grades) actually ranked 8th best OL with an 82.3 grade and Braden Smith ranked 6th for the Colts with an 83.3 grade in 2023.  Smith had an elite 90.1 run-blocking grade still a work in progress with his pass-blocking efficiency.  Raimann has proven himself to be an insane athlete and potentially long-term option at left tackle for the Colts.  His overall grade improved from 73.3 in 2022 to an 82.3 in 2023 and his pass-blocking grade improved from 71.4 to 80.6 in 2023.   More worried about Smith's injuries and longevity compounded with his salary cap hit heading into next season.  Feel the Colts offensive line will be different next season minus Kelly, Fries, and potentially Smith all gone.  Probably a good thing AR has bulked up and currently the heaviest starting QB in the league.    Raimann is a keeper.  Could he play RT instead and we draft another LT or vice versa and draft a LT move to RT is to be seen.
    • Pretty sure everyone called.  You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take lol
    • Brutal!  Second year in a row on IR.  Wish him the best and a speedy recovery.   i hope Ballard skips the evaluating part and go get us some vet talent for the FS spot.  We can not go into the year with cross and Thomas at safety again.  
    • I actually really dislike that video. From a human standpoint.   I'm a Stroud fan. I think he's going to be a really good one if not great in this league. With that said it's a game and stop yapping your trap CJ.   This video tells me that he is probably already reading his press a bit much or at very least feels the need to express his credibility along with his initial success. AR, I truly believe, will stay humbled with success in any facet based on how he has talked in public so far and for that, I'm thankful. It's very Marvin-esque and that is cool. Stroud sounds like a street punk and that's a shame because I think he really is talented. I'm sure he's a great guy too. No need to fall to that. Maybe it's all in jest. It's just a turnoff for me whoever talks like that.    Competitive is fine. Having a fire is fine. But the rap genre calling out the other type of stuff is so old hat. Others may feel differently but for me it's not needed or necessary. Anywhere.    For the record, I'm a Colts fan that does not hate Stroud. I'm a football fan who just happens to root for the Colts and also enjoyed Stroud's first year.    Here's hoping Stroud stays healthy and competitive but also matures past feeling the need to street cred himself in a private or public forum.    -Peace    
  • Members