Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With our 4th pick?

MarquisJ

I think personally if Barrett Jones is there we get him, other wise I think we should go CB MLB WR or RB all for depth. What do you guys think?? (plus I like okafor, poyer, maysonnet, schwenke)

Jones would be ideal. I doubt if he lasts, but maybe we trade up.

IMO, he'd be the only starter we can get today.

Taylor. I think this guy is just what we need. An explosive runner but equally important he knows how to block for Luck and catch passes. The only concern I have is that there seem to be a lot of decent running backs available, so perhaps the 4th round is too early to take one.

I think personally if Barrett Jones is there we get him, other wise I think we should go CB MLB WR or RB all for depth. What do you guys think?? (plus I like okafor, poyer, maysonnet, schwenke) 

although i like Maysonnet, getting him in the 4th round is big reach. he is projected 7th rounder and i think we can get him in the 6th round. I would like to see us get Poyer in the 4th. Okafor would be a waste of a pick because he would be standing up at OLB in our defense and Grigs and pagano already made it known that is what Werner will be doing. but if Poyer isnt there, i would love to see Schwenke for sure because Jones will end up being picked by someone like Jacksonville, we would have to trade all the way up to get him. 

Doesn't Jesse Williams play NT and don't we have 3 on roster right now? 

No, we have 5 on the roster. Franklin, Chapman, McKinney, Teveseau, and Heard. NT is the last spot we need to fill at this point. With that said, I think Williams can play DE.

I'll have my eye on the following guys:

1) B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary

2) Earl Wolff, S, NC State

3) Vinston Painter, OT, Virginia Tech

4) Virtually any other OT on the board!

i dont think any colts fan wants to see another painter haha

Well, this would require some Major falling, but I'd love to see Jesse Williams in the 4th round... How he's fallen this far, I'm not sure, but... That'd be an amazing value for us.  

If he's not there, I'd like us to be the team to take a chance on Lattimore.  I'm comfortable drafting him this late, and maybe stashing him on the PUP list or maybe even the IR.  Yes, Ballard is solid, but if Lattimore can come back from his injury, he will be the best RB on this team, easily.

Other than those two, I would love to get Da'Rick Rodgers this late... that would be a great value, too.  #1 talent in the 4th round? sure!

Well, this would require some Major falling, but I'd love to see Jesse Williams in the 4th round... How he's fallen this far, I'm not sure, but... That'd be an amazing value for us.  

If he's not there, I'd like us to be the team to take a chance on Lattimore.  I'm comfortable drafting him this late, and maybe stashing him on the PUP list or maybe even the IR.  Yes, Ballard is solid, but if Lattimore can come back from his injury, he will be the best RB on this team, easily.

Other than those two, I would love to get Da'Rick Rodgers this late... that would be a great value, too.  #1 talent in the 4th round? sure!

I'm surprised the 49ers haven't done that by now, with all their picks.