Coltswarriors

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most recent one:

Anyone got any ideas for this one lol?

It's Steven Jackson

Yes, his last tweet was Steven Jackson. He responded to someone else guessing it correctly.

Wait a minute, This: "figure out the answer to this math problem: 48 as in Super Bowl 48 -9(Get that 1 yard) =?? (Hint) 242.9 miles on interstate 70~~~~~~>#EAST".......meant Steven Jackson??? Steven Jackson played in St. Louis, Right??? Since when is St. Louis to the east of Indianapolis?. Seems like Mathis should focus more on learning geography than wasting his time trying to build the team. :)

Wait a minute, This: "figure out the answer to this math problem: 48 as in Super Bowl 48 -9(Get that 1 yard) =?? (Hint) 242.9 miles on interstate 70~~~~~~>#EAST".......meant Steven Jackson??? Steven Jackson played in St. Louis, Right??? Since when is St. Louis to the east of Indianapolis?. Seems like Mathis should focus more on learning geography than wasting his time trying to build the team. :)

He's saying #39 should come east on 70..

Just goes to show, just because you play the game, certainly doesn't mean you know how to build a team. Mathis needs to stick to rushing the QB and leave the building to the guy's that know what they're doing. I like Mathis, but it's not about bringing in your buddies.

I think Mathis is a regular on this board. :D Seriously though I respect his analysis and opinions on what additions would be beneficial to the Colts. He plays in the system, so he knows what defenders would work, and he lines up against 31 other offenses so he knows who can put up points. I would love to have some of these guys here Jackson included.

I think Mathis is a regular on this board. :D Seriously though I respect his analysis and opinions on what additions would be beneficial to the Colts. He plays in the system, so he knows what defenders would work, and he lines up against 31 other offenses so he knows who can put up points. I would love to have some of these guys here Jackson included.

He also knows the guys personally and what kind of people they are. I doubt he'd want any guys that would be devisive to team chemistry. I trust his opinion a lot more than any media guy.

I like Reed, Bowe, T, G, Powers, and Freeney (if he will take a HUGE pay cut on a new contract)

I just have to ask....why on Freeney? Is it just because you want to see him finish his career here or do you actually believe he is good enough for our defense. Because if it's the latter, I have to completely disagree. Freeney is a huge liability in our defense and IMO just makes us worse. I don't want anybody on the team that actually makes us worse, I don't care who it is. We can get much better for our defense and Freeney is not going to take a cheap contract just to stay here. He has said the right things in the media, but IMO he don't want to be here where he's going to struggle in the scheme. He'll go back to a 4-3 team that is in need of a pass rusher.

I just have to ask....why on Freeney? Is it just because you want to see him finish his career here or do you actually believe he is good enough for our defense. Because if it's the latter, I have to completely disagree. Freeney is a huge liability in our defense and IMO just makes us worse. I don't want anybody on the team that actually makes us worse, I don't care who it is. We can get much better for our defense and Freeney is not going to take a cheap contract just to stay here. He has said the right things in the media, but IMO he don't want to be here where he's going to struggle in the scheme. He'll go back to a 4-3 team that is in need of a pass rusher.

Not really surprised why Mathis would want to continue playing with Freeney, they have only combined to be one of the most dominate pass rushing duo's in the NFL...

That's not to say Freeney is a good fit in Pagano's defense, just to say, it's not really surprising as to why Mathis would want to continue playing with his counterpart of so many years...

honestly, freeney doesnt make sense to resign.  I think i put his name there thinking with my heart and not my head.  I agree he was a liability... seems he just doesnt fit the new scheme.  I like to think he was doing things that were hard to notice, like getting doubled and making it easier for other guys to make plays but im not so sure that was happening.  I stand behind Bowe, Reed, and OLine help but when it comes down to it, Freeney won't take the pay cut he would have to to stay here.  thanks for setting me straight ;)

honestly, freeney doesnt make sense to resign.  I think i put his name there thinking with my heart and not my head.  I agree he was a liability... seems he just doesnt fit the new scheme.  I like to think he was doing things that were hard to notice, like getting doubled and making it easier for other guys to make plays but im not so sure that was happening.  I stand behind Bowe, Reed, and OLine help but when it comes down to it, Freeney won't take the pay cut he would have to to stay here.  thanks for setting me straight ;)

I understand Bowe and Reed, although honestly I don't want either, but I understand why other's do. I'm just a trenches kind of guy. I want the team built around a solid O-line and a good defensive front. I think that makes everything else fall right into place. 

Love Mathis but he needs to reign it in a bit, IMO. Someone needs to reign it in.

It is OK when things are good natured and can have only a positive impact but the same freedom might be abused by someone else down the road going the tweeting route to convey something of a negative light. It is a slippery slope, IMO.

I don't want powers back, I wouldn't mind Ed Reed for the right price. No to bowe. No riddle to the fact that we need 2 offensive guards. Freeney is my favorite defensive end ever but he needs to be on a 4-3 team. Bring on Anthony spencer

Hamilton's offense in Stanford relied heavily on power backs I believe so I think it is inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts cut Donald Brown or if they could get a 6/7th round pick, trade him. I wouldn't mind having Steven Jackson on a 2 year deal if it was thought to be an offensive fit. Quality power backs are as common as hen's teeth.

Hamilton's offense in Stanford relied heavily on power backs I believe so I think it is inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts cut Donald Brown or if they could get a 6/7th round pick, trade him. I wouldn't mind having Steven Jackson on a 2 year deal if it was thought to be an offensive fit. Quality power backs are as common as hen's teeth.

A power running back or bringing Jerraurd Powers back as in resigning him... 

i'm confused...

I understand Bowe and Reed, although honestly I don't want either, but I understand why other's do. I'm just a trenches kind of guy. I want the team built around a solid O-line and a good defensive front. I think that makes everything else fall right into place. 

I agree 100%, but I've been wondering, will an o-line upgrade be treated with the same urgency in this offense? It is a huge need in Arians' vertical system but if there is 1/2 seconds of Luck's time in the pocket in Hamilton's system, maybe an emphasis could be better placed elsewhere? The likes of McGlynn and Satele were brought in as big man-blocking guys that might suit the ground and pound approach. I am just thinking aloud here to be honest, I still want a huge O-Line upgrade.

As for the defensive front, I think we all, including myself, are hoping Chapman is the answer at NT, Redding is great when healthy, Moala is better in the system than he was in the 4-3. The problem is, I don't see anyone screaming out to me in FA that will be a big upgrade here, so unless the answer is found later in the draft, I think we will be as is with the front 3 next year.

I agree 100%, but I've been wondering, will an o-line upgrade be treated with the same urgency in this offense? It is a huge need in Arians' vertical system but if there is 1/2 seconds of Luck's time in the pocket in Hamilton's system, maybe an emphasis could be better placed elsewhere? The likes of McGlynn and Satele were brought in as big man-blocking guys that might suit the ground and pound approach. I am just thinking aloud here to be honest, I still want a huge O-Line upgrade.

As for the defensive front, I think we all, including myself, are hoping Chapman is the answer at NT, Redding is great when healthy, Moala is better in the system than he was in the 4-3. The problem is, I don't see anyone screaming out to me in FA that will be a big upgrade here, so unless the answer is found later in the draft, I think we will be as is with the front 3 next year.

I think a good O-line is important no matter what type of offense a team uses. IMO it is the 2nd most important thing after QB obviously to having a successful offense. IMO people way over rate the importance of WR's. Yes it's important to have guys that can run good routes and consistently catch the ball, but if a QB don't have time to make good throws to those receivers, what good does it do? It's a double edged sword I guess.

As far as DE FA's go. It has been brought to my attention from another poster about Desmond Bryant from the Raiders. I honestly do not know much about him but from reading up on him, he would be a great fit IMO. He's 6'6" 310 lbs, went to Harvard so he's extremely smart. He's very athletic and has good quickness and strength. He's one guy I hope we make a run at.

Jokes... everyone else was talking about resigning or releasing Jerraurd Powers...

Oh, I get jokes.

I just realized that, point remains though, for everyone who is very against Jackson signing, show me the readily available, productive power backs in this league.

Not sure so many people are against the idea of signing Steven Jackson per se,  I just assume people believe there are maybe other more pressing needs than RB, that can be addressed in FA, when you can probably shop for that power back in the draft...

Plus there is a guy already on the team named Vick Ballard...

Not sure so many people are against the idea of signing Steven Jackson per se,  I just assume people believe there are maybe other more pressing needs than RB, that can be addressed in FA, when you can probably shop for that power back in the draft...

Plus there is a guy already on the team named Vick Ballard...

Jackson will be 30 come July. Thats like being 42 for a QB. Almost the end of the road for him, plus he'll want a lot of money and its a downright stupid investment for an old RB in the NFL.