Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis tweeting spree - says who he'd like the Colts to get & keep

Coltswarriors

I can give 20 reasons why the Colts have potential for a serious SB push. Its a mental game and we simply need to reed between the lines lol

Nothing like real gridiron gladiators....the kind that will bring a bowe n arrow to a gun fight lol

our Qb made leaps n bounds throughout the season and he is to guard the shoe and that requires tackle-ing any foes that oppose.

my angry demeanor often brings kids to call me a meany, no need for me to finish b/c the house at 93rd and Sack st. leads to the home of____

we need a roster full of physical,smart and fast players that swarms like a bee hive ...the answer to this riddle is the total of 5 x 5 =???

So yes, if you don't feel like reading the quotes: He wants the Colts to get Ed Reed and Dwayne Bowe. He wants some new offensive guards & tackles to protect Luck. He wants the Colts to re-sign Jerraud Powers & Dwight Freeney. Mathis freely speaking his mind, lol.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stars input can make a difference. Ty Lawson, PG for the Denver Nuggets, publically requested that the Nuggets draft SF Quincy Miller out of Baylor, and they did, although there is a good chance they would've anyway, as he was viewed as a mid to late first rounder that they got in the second. The Nuggets have an eye for talent.

I think Mathis is as excited for FA and the draft  to get here as we are. And he wants another ring before he retires. I hope he gets at least one more before he retires as a :colts:  

Yep he wants another Super Bowl. I don't blame him. :blueshoe:  :lombardi:  :bounce:

Bowe and Reed make sense. Bowe seems like one of those guys that if he came to Indy, he'd take his game to a top 5 WR level. A lot of these receivers want a QB that can get them the ball. Cassel and Brady Quinn cannot. Luck can.

Reed makes perfect sense for a year or two to help shore up the secondary and had previous xp with Pagano and Wayne. Could be a similar move to what Deion Sanders did. Go from one team to the next and win back to back Super Bowls .

I agree and disagree with Mathis.

I say yes to the guards and tackles, and yes to Powers for cheap.

I don't get the idea of Bowe, Jackson, Freeney, Reed.

We have a lot of quality WRs and Bowe wants to go somewhere where he can get paid. Jackson has a lot of tread on the tires and is on the cusp of breaking down. Freeney didn't fit well into the scheme and fits more with a 4-3 Cover 2 scheme like Tampa. Reed would be interesting but I don't think he can fill the SS position that we need, and we already have our playmaking safety in Bethea.

I agree and disagree with Mathis.

I say yes to the guards and tackles, and yes to Powers for cheap.

I don't get the idea of Bowe, Jackson, Freeney, Reed.

We have a lot of quality WRs and Bowe wants to go somewhere where he can get paid. Jackson has a lot of tread on the tires and is on the cusp of breaking down. Freeney didn't fit well into the scheme and fits more with a 4-3 Cover 2 scheme like Tampa. Reed would be interesting but I don't think he can fill the SS position that we need, and we already have our playmaking safety in Bethea.

I disagree about having a lot of quality receivers. Who do we have outside of Wayne and Hilton? There's no way that Hilton is a #2 receiver yet. Whalen hasn't proved anything and Brazil seems like just another Hilton.

I disagree about having a lot of quality receivers. Who do we have outside of Wayne and Hilton? There's no way that Hilton is a #2 receiver yet. Whalen hasn't proved anything and Brazil seems like just another Hilton.

I would rather have young guys who are overall cheaper and have a lot more potential than one guy who will command a lot of money.

Personally I don't care much for Whalen but Brazil has a lot of promise in the few games he appeared in. I could see him as the #3 and Palmer or Adams as the 4th. That is my opinion on it at least. I wouldn't mind if we did end up getting Bowe, I just don't see why.

I disagree about having a lot of quality receivers. Who do we have outside of Wayne and Hilton? There's no way that Hilton is a #2 receiver yet. Whalen hasn't proved anything and Brazil seems like just another Hilton.

we have Fleener and Allen I'm pretty sure they will be used 65% more often than any other written we have besides Hilton and Wayne.

No, but he does have a voice within the organization. It's better than nothing.

He can speak his opinion, but in the end, it's up to the head honchos. 

Look at last year. If it was up to the posters on here to run the colts, we would have been lucky to win 4 games. Until Grigson starts screwing up on a regular basis, I'm all in with bated breath. 

No, but he does have a voice within the organization. It's better than nothing.

Enh I don't think Robert Mathis gets the same treatment like a Peyton Manning did when Peyton would go in and say he we need to go get this guy.  I don't think they just dismiss Mathis when he talks but I don't think he has "major" pull.  Frankly this just seems to be a Robert Mathis wish list which is fine but we need to remember it's a wish list.  I am not sure if I would read this as any kind of real sign in terms of guys that the Colts are going to go get or not.  I would just take it for what it is a list of guys Mathis would like to see the Colts get.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

I am excited I can't help it. Keep feeding me this stuff Mathis, it's fun!

:yahoo:

:jump:

This is the offseason, right?

If reading Mathis's tweets is "fun", well........... I understand "interesting", but fun isn't what I would use to describe. I can think of a ton more things that would be more fun than hanging on mathis's every word. But that's just me.

Isn't Mathis a captain of this team? What he's doing is basically saying some of his team mates are not good enough. While it may be true, it's not exactly good leadership in my opinion. Pagano, give the guy a call and tell him to reign it in.....what if Hughes started tweeting we needed a new OLB (left side).......