Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mail the refs their rings Baltimore

Synthetic

Really my point was to show contrast between how the winning team made plays while the losing team failed repeatedly. Those drops, whether directly consequential or not, signified much to me about whom was the better team. 

Agreed. Flacco was just super today.

Had the 49ers played 60 minutes of what they are capable of - this would have been a blow out 49ers win.

As my emotions settles down, I am amazed that this game was this close and that the 49ers almost won.  Amazing comeback that just wasn't enough.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought taking the safety was smart and couldn't understand why Simms was against it

Phil Simms is easily the dumbest analyst out there. Every second word that came out of his mouth was Kaepernick.

Don't listen to him.

Yeah I don't think I am the target audience and that's obvious. lol.

Yep.

All of the greasy old men sitting in the back of the strip joint loved it. 

I'm still trying to get the stains off of my flat-screen. Anybody know how to get nasty-ho stains off of a glass surface? Windex or should I go for something more industrial? 

Women aren't doing anything to stop it. If anything, they're embracing it.

and that is what's wrong with society today.

Taylor swift with her guitar or Kelly Clarkson with those power vocals would have sufficed.

I must say that the Sandy hook children chorus and Jennifer Hudson made my wife and I tear up. That was beautiful.

I thought taking the safety was smart and couldn't understand why Simms was against it

Simms was just having a bad day. He never even realized the only way (or at least the best chance) the 49ers could win that game with 11 seconds left was to block the kick. Pretty hard to block a free kick from the 20. 

and that is what's wrong with society today.

Taylor swift with her guitar or Kelly Clarkson with those power vocals would have sufficed.

I must say that the Sandy hook children chorus and Jennifer Hudson made my wife and I tear up. That was beautiful.

Or my girl Carrie Underwood. Seen her live, puts on a great show. She can dress sexy but not like in your face uncomfortable sexy. And she can sing. She is hotter then Beyoncé IMO.

1680_1315917211.jpg

WHat a joke thread.

Just because the 49ers lost, doesn't mean the game was rigged. Only one of your facts was actually correct and that was the Kaepernick facemask. Besides that, I think Boger and the boys called a very good game.

I'm still waiting for the thread originator or someone else to explain to me just who "rigs " the games. They always say the "NFL." Does that mean a panel led by Roger Goodell ? Or is the NFL is this case just the officials ? Who was it that decided that this one was to go  to Ray Lewis ? Now if somone said in his opinion that gamblers paid off one of the officilas and bet a fortune on the Ravens + 4.5 and then bet another fortune on The ravens even at 2-1 . I could say , I don't think so but at least that would make some sense. This thing where the "NFL" wants a game to go to a particular side is really ridiculous.

Simms was just having a bad day. He never even realized the only way (or at least the best chance) the 49ers could win that game with 11 seconds left was to block the kick. Pretty hard to block a free kick from the 20. 

The announcers were like hardcore favoring the 49ers IMO. Before halftime they were even like "Well a comeback is not out of the question. Don't forget that Colts/Patriots game years ago."

I know this might sound rude but sometimes Kaepernick makes me want to throw a rock at him if I ever saw him in person. Just to see if I would get a reaction on his face.

I would like to see some hint at times there is a real human being in there once in a while. He's like this super talented robot at QB who Harbaugh winds up.

I know this might sound rude but sometimes Kaepernick makes me want to throw a rock at him if I ever saw him in person. Just to see if I would get a reaction on his face.

I would like to see some hint at times there is a real human being in there once in a while. He's like this super talented robot at QB who Harbaugh winds up.

He was a pretty cocky dude down here at the NFL EXPERIENCE don't seem like many liked him much.

As for the officiating, SF got jobbed almost as bad as Denver was.

Folks keep pointing to the last second non call and the plethora of other blown calls/non calls. However, I think one of the most ridiculous non calls I've ever seen was as follows:

On the Raven's kickoff return TD, I witnessed one of the most blatant examples of holding I've ever seen.....and by two players at the same time on the same frickin' guy.

San Fran's #49 was held by two players, for several seconds, on the return. How that wasn't called just has me shaking my head.

As for Kaep, right now he's mediocre at best riding the coattails of the best D in football and a solid run game. It's not unheard of for poor QB's to make the SB (Grossman) or for mediocre QB's to make or even win one (Dilfer) provided their team is absurd  and can just hand the ball off.

That being said, less than one full season hardly defines a QB so we'll see how he does going forward. He might get better, he might regress. He runs around a lot which is less than good thing if you want your QB to have a long career.

This was the 2nd most rigged Super Bowl I ever sat through.

1st quarter, Kaepernick sacked, a very obvious face mask on him on this play, NO CALL. Niners kicked a FG

All through out the first quarter, I noticed that the Ravens were holding on the Niners defensive line, no call, nothing the entire game.

Third quarter, pass interference called on SF yet the Ravens call maul their receivers all day long. is it a coincidence that it took 2 nonsense penalties to keep a Ravens drive alive?

4th quarter, 4th and goal for the Niners to win the game. Ravens jump off side, holding, massive pass intereference on Crabtree in the endzone NO CALL, NO CALL AT ALL.

Send the refs a ring, cause they made sure they won this Super Bowl big time.

Only in the NFL does a guy like Ray Lewis go out a champion.

This was rigged ALL THE WAY. What could have been the greatest comeback in a Super Bowl, the refs put a stop to that.

I hope you're happy Roger Goodell. I hope you're REALLY happy. Not only did you ruin my team's season by taking our coach away for something so stupid (yet let Belichek coach when he got busted for spygate) but you also ruined the Niners. So I hope you enjoy hearing the massive waves of * off 49er fans that are going to be outraged over this game!

The fix is in!!!!

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to pull off a rigged superbowl these days? The refs don't make enough money for all of them to keep their mouths shut. They could make big dollars coming out with a story like that

I am often one of the biggest conspiracy theorists around if you know me but I don't feel this game was rigged. A few seasons have made me go hmmm. The 2001 Pats at times, the 2005 Steelers.

But, Jesus how can you say Baltimore did not deserve this title? They held the Colts to ZERO TDs. They beat the Broncos in Mile High who were coming off 11 straight wins. They held Brady score less in an entire half in NE. And they just punked the so called best D in the NFC.

I don't buy it was rigged anymore. I think this was a team who deserved to win it all. I think if the 49ers won people would be screaming even more due to the black out during the game and the loss of the Ravens momentum. After the lights came back on it was like an entirely different game, gave the 49ers time to regroup. SF was lucky they had this time off as well or else for all we know they get pummeled 45-9.

If they had thrown a flag at the end there it would have been anti climatic IMO. I would not even want to see a Colts Super Bowl come down to a flag.

There were some bad calls in the entire postseason and no the refs were not terrific tonight by any means. If any team I think had the worst of the batch vs. Baltimore it might have been Denver.

His face reminds me of squidward from spongebob

His face reminds me of squidward from spongebob

His head is too small for his body. And the chin hair has got to go.

I know people have at times picked on Luck's looks but he is at least in proportion and he seems like a really naturally hairy dude. And he is a goofy big dork.

Luck/RG3/Wilson also seem like really sweet young guys. Something about Kaepernick just rubs me the wrong way. I have tried to get into him but he leaves me cold a lot. Talented young man, but there is something very cold to me at times about this 49ers "aura". I can't put my finger on it. It's like it's all talent and not enough genuine heart? Not sure.......

LMBO at the No Call of Crabtree Clearly initiating Contact, followed with his hand on the defenders helmet and shoving the guy down to create space to catch a ball that was CLEARLY Uncatchable.

As was said, Crabtree showed NO Emotion in reaction to the Contact. Receivers ALWAYS Complain if they feel cheated. PERIOD!

This is a Serious Low Point in Class and Character of one Jim Harbaugh. Heat of the moment but pretty SAD.

LMBO at the No Call of Crabtree Clearly initiating Contact, followed with his hand on the defenders helmet and shoving the guy down to create space to catch a ball that was CLEARLY Uncatchable.

As was said, Crabtree showed NO Emotion in reaction to the Contact. Receivers ALWAYS Complain if they feel cheated. PERIOD!

This is a Serious Low Point in Class and Character of one Jim Harbaugh. Heat of the moment but pretty SAD.

Didn't he turn around and immediately raise his arms in the direction of the ref?

IMO he had to push the defender away, he was being held and couldnt get free, with that being said, if he didnt, i would have looked like an even more blatant hold

Usually I agree with the OP but not on this one. If the refs had called PI on the 4th down play it would have been ticky-tack, at best. And I'm not even sure that ball was catchable. It landed two yards out of bounds.

The Ravens just played a better overall game. Flacco was excellent. Give credit where it's due.

Maybe I'm just naive, but to me, the notion that an NFL game can be fixed in this day and age is not something I can get behind. This is not the NBA where the same exact play draws a foul in one instance and doesn't in another. And it would require the participation of so many people, I just can't believe that something along those lines would happen. The first rule of conspiracies is that the more people who know, the better the chances are that something will leak out. And it would take a lot of people to effectively "throw" or rig a football game.

I don't buy into this "rigged" idea either, but I also don't think the NFL had the greatest reffing crew out there.

Until I read this article a few day's ago, I was under the mistaken impression that the NFL always picked the best of the best to officiate a SB. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/referee-assignment-super-bowl-xlvii-comes-170117155--nfl.html

On the other hand it wouldve been pretty lame if the 49rs won because of a ticky tack defensive holding call in the last few seconds.

Face it the WR didn't try hard enough to get to the side of the defender and had his hands all over the CB. The WR ran straight towards the CB.

The game was too close to be rigged, if the WRs route was better, if the throw was better, the 49ers would've won, resulting in a huge failure in rigging.

I don't know about rigged, but I would say that the game was very poorly officiated. They barely had control of the players in the first half. (A Raven player did shove a ref and there was no flag/ejection). Holding no-calls, PI no-calls, for both sides, along with the outage gave me a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.

its not neccessarily relying on the refs, when there were many, many holds all game nonetheless by a db right in front of you in the end zone. and look at how close crabtree was when he got off the hold to catching the ball, he wouldve easily made that catch had he not been held. that was a very very poor officiating job by jerome boger and his crew. granted the 9ers shouldnt of had top be in that situation as it is but still shouldve been some call. people say crabtree pushed off, well what would you do if youre being held and you know its 4th down and this is basically the game? id fight and push too!

Hard to say that the Ravens were handed the game by the refs when the 49ers were basically wobbling on the ropes, dazed, confused and ready to just be knocked out by the Ravens before the power went out. Had the power not gone out we probably would have been looking at a blowout where John would have called the wolves off his brother.

They were awarded basically 30 more minutes to their half time to collect themselves, calm themselves down, and doing more work to figure out what they needed to do to come back.

Calls are missed in every game and I am sure there were calls missed that the 49ers did.  The 49ers only have themselves to blame not the refs for this loss.  They were the ones getting ran out of New Orleans and digging a 22 point hole to come out of.  They were the one who had horrible play calling in the redzone.  They threw a horrible interception in the first half to kill a drive.  

Honestly, having the Super Bowl end on a ticky tack defensive holding would have been horrible.

Hard to say that the Ravens were handed the game by the refs when the 49ers were basically wobbling on the ropes, dazed, confused and ready to just be knocked out by the Ravens before the power went out. Had the power not gone out we probably would have been looking at a blowout where John would have called the wolves off his brother.

They were awarded basically 30 more minutes to their half time to collect themselves, calm themselves down, and doing more work to figure out what they needed to do to come back.

Calls are missed in every game and I am sure there were calls missed that the 49ers did.  The 49ers only have themselves to blame not the refs for this loss.  They were the ones getting ran out of New Orleans and digging a 22 point hole to come out of.  They were the one who had horrible play calling in the redzone.  They threw a horrible interception in the first half to kill a drive.  

Honestly, having the Super Bowl end on a ticky tack defensive holding would have been horrible.

but instead it ended on a ticky tack no call which i believe was clearly holding, and they they took a safety which another huge holding call was missed...

I loved the officiating, they let the teams play, there were several no-calls on either side.

Yes, but the Ravens had more no-calls than the 49ers did. If Vernon Davis had even cast a bad look at the ref I'm sure he would have been flagged or ejected lol but there's a Raven player who even shoved an official. I was going crazy throughout the entire game and especially at the end when they ignored several holds by the Ravens players. But whatever. Game's over now.

I heard people saying it was fixed for the 49ers because of the power outage, the phantom roughing the kicker call, and the overturned challenge. Or, maybe people will make excuses for anything.

There was no roughing the kicker call !  There should have been!!    That would have given them a first down!  Instead it was called running into the kicker just 5 yards.

I said it before the game if the Niners didnt win by double digits that the game would be rigged ... I stand by that - this game was rigged!