Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mail the refs their rings Baltimore

Synthetic

BTW I wonder if the 49ers get the dreaded Super Bowl loss hangover next season. Might be more likely with a young QB. Never thought NE would have one, they had already lost a SB/knew what it felt like and have enough veteran leadership.

They will be awarded an upcoming SB win as a result of the agreeance to lose this one ;) mark it down!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, if u hold while win the endzone it just results in a safety anyway

Also, the play is to be blown dead as soon as the hold is called. I had no problem with the no-call on that 4th down throw, but the hold on the safety was egregious and nothing like that should ever happen. I'm all for letting them play, but that was ridiculous. 

I keep hearing people talking about a helmet to helmet hit on Crabs.....that WAS NOT a helmet to helmet hit. Anyone claiming so either didn't get a good look at it or they simply don't know the rule. 

crab.jpg

So if we don't like the outcome of a game now then it's rigged? Got it.

Well then, the Super Bowl vs. the Saints was rigged too. They had to win for Katrina and we were rendered helpless against that feel good story. Forget that we did not execute in key moments, it was RIGGED!!!!!!! Give us our rings. Or better yet give the Vikings the NFC title!!!!!!! Was that 2 point conversion near the end of the game really good by the Saints? Did they really recover the onside kick? Lets speculate!!!!!

See how ridiculous this all can sound? We have lost our fair share of big games as well with some bad calls. And some calls that helped us. But, IMO I would prefer they let guys PLAY in big games too. Why decide games with the refs? Jesus.......why are NFL fans become such conspiracy theorists? I don't think we are nearly as bad as the NBA where FTs can single handedly win or lose a game for a team and guys like Lebron/Durant often get elite treatment.

I admit, I get carried away at times too complaining with the NFC east praise and some big markets. But, I don't think they rig those games. If things were really rigged then wouldn't a star QB like Manning or Brady had gotten MVP this year or at least offensive player of the year too?

Besides, if you wanted to be really picky couldn't they have called holding on the Giants o line in the Super Bowl vs. the Patriots when Eli escaped the grasp? No they didn't. Why? They let them play. I am sure if the refs wanted to they could have given the Pats 19-0 but they didn't.

well stated!

The other thing that bothers me about claiming the game was rigged #1 Even if San Fran had got that interference call, there's no guarantee they would have scored a game winning TD. "Pressure busts pipes" & it makes people crack under extreme & extraordinary circumstances & #2 the blackout equally affected both teams. Both squads faced the exact same conditions & had to adjust their momentum accordingly. Teams still have to execute while still comprehending the situation properly in it's context. That's why I respect Bill Belichick & Mike Shanahan so much. Both coaches follow this mindset at all times no matter what conditions unfold before them.

And where in the world was WR Randy Moss's head at? That interception to Reed was thrown right to Moss & he wasn't even looking for it. I now understand why the Grey Hoodie let Moss go. His concentration sometimes waivers at crucial game moments. Sigh...This was Randy's 2nd best shot at a ring & he simply blew it. Sorry man...

What's done is done. Baltimore executed more plays than the 49ers did. Nothing earth shattering there just the truth. Before Brady retires, I wanna see NE & GB go mono e mono & toe to toe in a SB. Brady vs. Rogers. It would be a great game like Joe Montana going against Dan Marino in their prime. Before I die, I want to see that Championship unfold before millions of fans. Just give Brady a tight secondary & Rogers a stellar o-line & let's "Play Ball Baby!"

So if we don't like the outcome of a game now then it's rigged? Got it.

Well then, the Super Bowl vs. the Saints was rigged too. They had to win for Katrina and we were rendered helpless against that feel good story. Forget that we did not execute in key moments, it was RIGGED!!!!!!! Give us our rings. Or better yet give the Vikings the NFC title!!!!!!! Was that 2 point conversion near the end of the game really good by the Saints? Did they really recover the onside kick? Lets speculate!!!!!

See how ridiculous this all can sound? We have lost our fair share of big games as well with some bad calls. And some calls that helped us. But, IMO I would prefer they let guys PLAY in big games too. Why decide games with the refs? Jesus.......why are NFL fans become such conspiracy theorists? I don't think we are nearly as bad as the NBA where FTs can single handedly win or lose a game for a team and guys like Lebron/Durant often get elite treatment.

I admit, I get carried away at times too complaining with the NFC east praise and some big markets. But, I don't think they rig those games. If things were really rigged then wouldn't a star QB like Manning or Brady had gotten MVP this year or at least offensive player of the year too?

Besides, if you wanted to be really picky couldn't they have called holding on the Giants o line in the Super Bowl vs. the Patriots when Eli escaped the grasp? No they didn't. Why? They let them play. I am sure if the refs wanted to they could have given the Pats 19-0 but they didn't.

Jules it's been a characteristic of this forum for years. There always has to be some other reason for why the team we're rooting for couldn't get the job done. 

This was the 2nd most rigged Super Bowl I ever sat through.

1st quarter, Kaepernick sacked, a very obvious face mask on him on this play, NO CALL. Niners kicked a FG

All through out the first quarter, I noticed that the Ravens were holding on the Niners defensive line, no call, nothing the entire game.

Third quarter, pass interference called on SF yet the Ravens call maul their receivers all day long. is it a coincidence that it took 2 nonsense penalties to keep a Ravens drive alive?

4th quarter, 4th and goal for the Niners to win the game. Ravens jump off side, holding, massive pass intereference on Crabtree in the endzone NO CALL, NO CALL AT ALL.

Send the refs a ring, cause they made sure they won this Super Bowl big time.

Only in the NFL does a guy like Ray Lewis go out a champion.

This was rigged ALL THE WAY. What could have been the greatest comeback in a Super Bowl, the refs put a stop to that.

I hope you're happy Roger Goodell. I hope you're REALLY happy. Not only did you ruin my team's season by taking our coach away for something so stupid (yet let Belichek coach when he got busted for spygate) but you also ruined the Niners. So I hope you enjoy hearing the massive waves of * off 49er fans that are going to be outraged over this game!

The fix is in!!!!

Bottom line:

1959 Baltimore 23 NY Giants 17

1959 Baltimore 31 NY Giants 16

1969 Baltimore 34 Cleveland 0

1970 Baltimore 16 Dallas 13

2000 Baltimore 34 NY Giants 7

2012 Baltimore 34 San Francisco 31

6 Championships, one city ! What a football legacy !!!!

It is quite curious...This would be the one league I would think would be very hard to rig but then again...I've been wrong before...

The NFL seems like the easiest league to rig. There are a million different types of penalties, and as the football adage goes: "There's a foul on every play." Basically allowing the refs to pick and choose. In soccer, they use "hawk eye" technology which is a chip in the ball, and using some advanced math they are able to determine whether the ball has crossed the line or not. Nothing like this is used in the NFL whatsoever. It's simply "this looks about right" *ref spots ball in random spot*, then relies on chain guys to not move whatsoever. Oh darn, off by a quarter of an inch. I'm really surprised there isn't a huge demand for this technology in the NFL.

Furthermore, the wording of some things is off. Intentional grounding .. receiver was "in the area". What does that even mean? In this game of inches, you would think they could use some sort of actual definition. 

Of course, some things are more blatant than others, and most of the time it's about knowing what you can get away with.

The NFL seems like the easiest league to rig. There are a million different types of penalties, and as the football adage goes: "There's a foul on every play." Basically allowing the refs to pick and choose. In soccer, they use "hawk eye" technology which is a chip in the ball, and using some advanced math they are able to determine whether the ball has crossed the line or not. Nothing like this is used in the NFL whatsoever. It's simply "this looks about right" *ref spots ball in random spot*, then relies on chain guys to not move whatsoever. Oh darn, off by a quarter of an inch. I'm really surprised there isn't a huge demand for this technology in the NFL.

Furthermore, the wording of some things is off. Intentional grounding .. receiver was "in the area". What does that even mean? In this game of inches, you would think they could use some sort of actual definition. 

Of course, some things are more blatant than others, and most of the time it's about knowing what you can get away with.

You're right about the penalties and inches thing. I still think it would be hard to rig because, unless the players are going along with things too (which would be shocking in and of itself), the ball has to bounce near that yard line, or the CB has to grab the receiver even slightly to get that call that the refs want to call, or something plausible has to happen in order for the ref to justify himself and avoid being chased out of town. I've seen some bad calls but still, where there is smoke there is fire. A league I think may actually have a fare amount of rigging, be it the draft or the postseason, is the NBA. Too many strange things have happened there in my opinion, but I haven't been watching much basketball lately.