Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mail the refs their rings Baltimore

Synthetic

This was the 2nd most rigged Super Bowl I ever sat through.

1st quarter, Kaepernick sacked, a very obvious face mask on him on this play, NO CALL. Niners kicked a FG

All through out the first quarter, I noticed that the Ravens were holding on the Niners defensive line, no call, nothing the entire game.

Third quarter, pass interference called on SF yet the Ravens call maul their receivers all day long. is it a coincidence that it took 2 nonsense penalties to keep a Ravens drive alive?

4th quarter, 4th and goal for the Niners to win the game. Ravens jump off side, holding, massive pass intereference on Crabtree in the endzone NO CALL, NO CALL AT ALL.

Send the refs a ring, cause they made sure they won this Super Bowl big time.

Only in the NFL does a guy like Ray Lewis go out a champion.

This was rigged ALL THE WAY. What could have been the greatest comeback in a Super Bowl, the refs put a stop to that.

I hope you're happy Roger Goodell. I hope you're REALLY happy. Not only did you ruin my team's season by taking our coach away for something so stupid (yet let Belichek coach when he got busted for spygate) but you also ruined the Niners. So I hope you enjoy hearing the massive waves of * off 49er fans that are going to be outraged over this game!

The fix is in!!!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st quarter, Kaepernick sacked, a very obvious face mask on him on this play, NO CALL. Niners kicked a FG

All through out the first quarter, I noticed that the Ravens were holding on the Niners defensive line, no call, nothing the entire game.

Third quarter, pass interference called on SF yet the Ravens call maul their receivers all day long. is it a coincidence that it took 2 nonsense penalties to keep a Ravens drive alive?

4th quarter, 4th and goal for the Niners to win the game. Ravens jump off side, holding, massive pass intereference on Crabtree in the endzone NO CALL, NO CALL AT ALL.

This was rigged ALL THE WAY. What could have been the greatest comeback in a Super Bowl, the refs put a stop to that.

I hope you're happy Roger Goodell. I hope you're REALLY happy. Not only did you ruin my team's season by taking our coach away for something so stupid (yet let Belichek coach when he got busted for spygate) but you also ruined the Niners. So I hope you enjoy hearing the massive waves of * off 49er fans that are going to be outraged over this game!

The fix is in!!!!

The fix is in!!!!

I don't neccessarily agree but it sure is funny how this worked out for Bettis and Ray Ray . Makes one wonder.

I don't neccessarily agree but it sure is funny how this worked out for Bettis and Ray Ray . Makes one wonder.

It is quite curious...This would be the one league I would think would be very hard to rig but then again...I've been wrong before...

They made sure they sent both of them out the door with a ring. The 2005 Steelers were totally out matched in that game. They would have lost that Super Bowl 21-14 if the refs didn't totally screw over Seattle. Tonight I have seen enough to confirm my suspicions that the NFL wanted to send Lewis out with another ring. The Niners got screwed really bad on that 4th and goal play. Well all night long to be exact, the Ravens got away with holding

If either of you truly feel that way, feel free to leave the realm of NFL fandom. Why be a fan of a rigged game? Truth is, this thread was made out of emotion and pure disrespect. 

You know why I'm not a fan of pro wrestling? Because it's rigged and fake. Then again, you don't see me making 700 posts on a WWF fan forum. 

I heard people saying it was fixed for the 49ers because of the power outage, the phantom roughing the kicker call, and the overturned challenge. Or, maybe people will make excuses for anything.

while i dont think it was fixed, and i didnt care who won, it was running into the kicker that was called and could/should have been a 15 yd roughing cause the kickers leg was still in the air

also the no call at the end was bad, the ravens taking a safety was kind of a lame way to end a superbowl, and there was also a HUGE holding tat was not called on tat last play where they took the safety where the blocker had his arms wrapped around the defenders waist pulling him back while e was trying to get to the kicker, maybe it was just me but it looked liked holding

im also not sold on flacco, boldin made some amazing grabs and bailed him out this game as well as throughout the playoffs

If either of you truly feel that way, feel free to leave the realm of NFL fandom. Why be a fan of a rigged game? Truth is, this thread was made out of emotion and pure disrespect. 

You know why I'm not a fan of pro wrestling? Because it's rigged and fake. Then again, you don't see me making 700 posts on a WWF fan forum. 

I don't, just saying the coincidence would make  a lot of conspiracy theorists very suspicious.

Nobody is mentioning that the 49ers O-line was holding the DT on that last play.

thats fine that theyre not mentioning it, but if u look again, and u dont even have to look closely, the blocker had his arms wrapped around his waist and was pulling him back, its was clear as day and right in the open, no idea why it wasnt called

Nobody is mentioning that the 49ers O-line was holding the DT on that last play.

You mean the punt? It wasn't a DT but the announcers missed it. The Ravens punter would've been blasted, saving the 49ers approx 5-6 seconds. What I saw was the worst, most blatant wrap-up hold on the defender whom would've nailed the punter. 

You mean the punt? It wasn't a DT but the announcers missed it. The Ravens punter would've been blasted, saving the 49ers approx 5-6 seconds. What I saw was the worst, most blatant wrap-up hold on the defender whom would've nailed the punter. 

No I mean the 4th down on the last 49ers drive. The DT was being held hard.

You mean the punt? It wasn't a DT but the announcers missed it. The Ravens punter would've been blasted, saving the 49ers approx 5-6 seconds. What I saw was the worst, most blatant wrap-up hold on the defender whom would've nailed the punter.

I think he's talking about the 4th and goal.

exactly what i saw, i dont thinks games are rigged or fixed, but it was a terrible terrible no call

The fix is in!!!!

This was pennies compared to the Broncos/Ravens game where the Ravens were given 21 points off blatant hogwosh calls/non calls. There was a fourth call where the receiver clearly had the ball on the ground and didn't catch that was ruled a catch.

The Broncos were able to overcome the "catch"  by eventually forcing a punt, but they couldn't overcome phantom PI on Bailey, a tuck that wasn't a tuck apparently, and a pick 6 that was blatant PI or illegal contact at least.

I think he's talking about the 4th and goal.

People MUST understand the the refs NEVER make a call in that situation (SB, last minute, game on the line) unless they absolutely MUST. Ever never ever do they make those calls, never. 

When a team depends wholly on the refs to make a holding call, they deserve to lose.

If anything I felt that if the 49ers won it was more suspicious based on the lights out period we had which seemed to suck out all the Ravens momentum.

I saw a few calls that could have been called against 49ers secondary too in the first half.

But, whatever....either winner was fine with me. I kinda wanted the Ravens to win in the end though. I still prefer the traditional QB to win it all over this fancy Kaepernick/RG3 stuff.

But, in no way though did I want the game to end on a penalty either. If you fall behind like the 49ers did you are asking for trouble as well.

Yep. Nobody else saw that? 

It was.....terrible. BUT....teams cannot rely on the refs. The 49ers put themselves in that position.

true they cant rely on them but its a play that cost them one last shot at the endzone, if ur gonna commit penalties, blatant ones at that, u should be flagged for it

True, but they would have had another chance. Not a lot of great playcalling on Roman's end during that redzone trip though.

I was totally waiting on the fake hand-off misdirection option run for Kaep. They actually called that play on the near delay of game call if anyone noticed. A great play-call, wasted. The Ravens had zero defenders in the middle, yet the 49ers threw to the same spot (outside) 3 times in a row. 

Yea but they were trying for the safety anyway and the clock still runs out. Not really a loss there anyway.

People MUST understand the the refs NEVER make a call in that situation (SB, last minute, game on the line) unless they absolutely MUST. Ever never ever do they make those calls, never.

When a team depends wholly on the refs to make a holding call, they deserve to lose.

Completely true, and totally agree.

It just looks bad when it seems so blatant. That's just my perspective, but I see both sides. In fact my buddy and me just sat here discussing the merits of the no call/calling the penalty lol.

It's not black and white, but you know the NFL hates that there was controversy at the end of the game.

I was totally waiting on the fake hand-off misdirection option run for Kaep. They actually called that play on the near delay of game call if anyone noticed. A great play-call, wasted. The Ravens had zero defenders in the middle, yet the 49ers threw to the same spot (outside) 3 times in a row. 

Yep. What a waste. They should have tried it again but nope...all throws to the same darn spot in the endzone three times. Had me banging my head on the wall.

Rigged?

The Ravens were completely dominating the 9ers for most of the game. I would venture to say that if the lights fiasco didnt happen the game might never have been close....or atleast as close as it ended up being.

The 9ers were completely off balance and you could tell the big delay allowed them to get their footing back while also causing the Ravens to come out sluggish.

Completely true, and totally agree.

It just looks bad when it seems so blatant. That's just my perspective, but I see both sides. In fact my buddy and me just sat here discussing the merits of the no call/calling the penalty lol.

It's not black and white, but you know the NFL hates that there was controversy at the end of the game.

yes and the controversy could have been avoided if the correct calls were made, yeah u cant rely on the refs, but the niners were making a comeback and yes kap overthrew crabtree, but he couldnt get to the ball cause he was held

and i just hate that a trams ends the game by giving their opponents 2 points, seems kinda lame and cheesy to me

Yep. What a waste. They should have tried it again but nope...all throws to the same darn spot in the endzone three times. Had me banging my head on the wall.

Weren't the final three plays all throws, and all to the right side of the field?

Come on man.

Jim should have taken a TO though, because the blitzers knew the play clock was low, so it was easy to time the blitz and make Cap rush his throw.

Weren't the final three plays all throws, and all to the right side of the field?

Come on man.

Yep. I mean you have Colin Kaepernick...do what you did to get to the game in the first place. Make them think you are throwing it and then run if you see fit...or at least be less predictable and take a chance at the left side...but Kaepernick wasn't comfortable at all down in the redzone