Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cardinals hire Arians [Merge]

vinatierifan4

I certainly wish him luck and success if he accepts this position.  Not sure it is a great fit or opportunity.  They have a lot of issue with no real franchise quarterback to support team it seams. Thought he would want a more stable situation, but maybe looks forward to the challenge and he hasn't actually accepted yet.

Wish him the best success, maybe take them to a playoff spot,  of course he can't have the Super Bowl,  that is ours.

Kudos to Bruce, if this is the case. He did a great job with the team, even beyond Luck. He got these players behind him (though the Pagano situation likely played a big part in that) and seems to really connect with his QBs. If Arizona wants a rookie QB, I think Arians is a great guy to develop him.

Just remember to invest in a left tackle as soon as possible.

I have mixed feelings for Bruce.  Great guy and deserved the opportunity.  But since I watch the Cards every week because of my brother, I know the struggles they have.  He has his work cut out for him.   If they are going to bring in some washed up QB, Bruce will go down in flames.

I do hope we don't just promote Christenson.   I want WCO.

Well I'm sure we all have mixed emotions! Few wanted him gone, a few wanted him to stay. I'd say I really questioned his play calling at times but when Pagano went down he got our guys to play some inspired ball!

Good luck coach, thanks for an awesome year!

Best of luck to Bruce, but honestly think he'll regret this decision in the future.

Yup, I would agree. He deserves this opportunity, which is well deserved, but Bruce will regret this move. If Bruce can't get a franchise QB, he will be fired in 3 years. Shoot, I thought we [Colts] survived the coaching merry go round & still retained Arians OC services... I completely forgot about AZ...Sigh... 

Kolb was actually a pretty good QB through the first 4 weeks but got injured because that O-line was hot garbage.  If I were the Cards I'd replace 3 out of the 5 linemen and draft another good corner opposite Peterson.  Their defense can be insane when they have an offense to complement them and not keep them on the field all day long.

He better get these horrible QB's an OL or he will be fired by the end of next year.

The OL is the issue, same as Indy...     but Andrew Luck's don't fall off of trees.

Perhaps, Bruce can land SeaHawks backup QB Matt Flynn. I'm not saying he's a franchise QB, but Larry Fitzgerald deserves a reliable field general that can deliver a reliable ball & make all the necessary throws. A starting QB is not on their roster right now.

Yup, I would agree. He deserves this opportunity, which is well deserved, but Bruce will regret this move. If Bruce can't get a franchise QB, he will be fired in 3 years. Shoot, I thought we [Colts] survived the coaching merry go round & still retained Arians OC services... I completely forgot about AZ...Sigh... 

I'm a little puzzled as to why he chose a situation with no quarterback in place. He seems to like to work with young quarterbacks, so this must mean they are going to make a run at Gino Smith, Matt Barkley or one of these young guns when the draft comes around. That or he must see some value in Kolb I guess. I wouldn't be surprised to see him lure Chandler Harnish over there somehow.

I'm a little puzzled as to why he chose a situation with no quarterback in place. He seems to like to work with young quarterbacks, so this must mean they are going to make a run at Gino Smith, Matt Barkley or one of these young guns when the draft comes around. That or he must see some value in Kolb I guess. I wouldn't be surprised to see him lure Chandler Harnish over there somehow.

If Chandler Harnish is his plan he should fire himself before the season starts.

That's what perplexes me too, Bruce's gift is getting the best out of premier, young talent. AZ gives you nothing even close to that. Is Arians simply taking the Cardinals offer back to Irsay for more money as a bargaining chip or has he actually signed his name to the dotted line yet? Nothing is a done deal without a signature...All lawyers know this.

Sounds like Bruce is going to have Todd Bowles run the defense. The Eagles gave up nearly 32 points a game under him. Ray Horton who was also in the running for HC apparently got into a heated exchange with the GM when the announcement was made. The Cardinals defense under Horton was about the only bright spot on the whole team.

That's what perplexes me too, Bruce's gift is getting the best out of premier, young talent. AZ gives you nothing even close to that. Is Arians simply taking the Cardinals offer back to Irsay for more money as a bargaining chip or has he actually signed his name to the dotted line yet? Nothing is a done deal without a signature...All lawyers know this.

Story says it's a 4-year deal with an option for a 5th year.

Sounds like BA is signed, sealed and delivered to Arizona.  

Congratulations to him,  and good luck to us finding a replacement.....

Okie-dokie....   it's a strange new world we're walking into....

Deal is done i believe. Bruce wanted a HC job, not a good HC job, but any HC job. Don't think Arizona's situation really mattered, it was a HC job and he got offered. His comments last week about not running off to just any job were less then truthful in my opinion.

Okay, Arians went from Peyton Manning....to Ben Rothlisberger.....to Andrew Luck ....To ARIZONA?!  ....um Kevin Kolb....um Lindley? and I like Arians, but he better hope that his Great QB coaching had nothing to do with the fact that he's had nothing but future Hall-of-Famers so far because he's going to hit a DROUGHT in Arizona!