Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The OFFICIAL BA Job-watch Thread

John Waylon

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope Arians is smart enough not to get caught up in that mess. No QB,No OL,  Stay here Bruce we want you here.

Sometimes, coaches prefer that because they can really put their mark on the team.  He picks the QB he wants, he has a say in the offensive linemen drafted, he will get to run his system, etc.

AZ is a bad landing zone for BA.  K. Kolb contract sunk the franchise and must_be_restructured.  LB Bradley might have to be cut, and some other contracts looked at. Going for Flynn waould be bad.  Making room for Mike Glennon might be BA's trump card.  If they can get him on board, then BA might have his new rookie franchise QB to work with while they find ways to get Kolb, healthy, productive, and, off the payroll.

Ridiculous.

Arizona? BA think clearly lmao. You might finish last in your division for a few years anyway with the competition there.

If he goes there then no doubt in my mind he just wants to be a head coach, period.

Some might have said that about Pagano last season. Don't be so dismissive.

A few Reasons why Bruce Arians MAY be persuaded to go to Arizona

1.Under the previous regime of the Cardinals  there was already a Man Blocking scheme in place and thats what Arians O Line scheme is primarily about

2.Cardinals ran a spread scheme based on running and vertical passing under the previous regime I believe

3.Ability to choose his entire staff

4.He is familiar with Kevin Spencer who was the special teams coach here in Indy back in 1998, also they were apart of the Steelers coaching staff  which won a SB together

a bunch of small reasons there but they could add up, I still think he stays 

Per Schefter via Twitter, Arians is having dinner with the Cards in AZ tonight and will continue interviewing tomorrow. Sounds like AZ is putting on the full court press.

and the fact that he is willing to listen on day 2 does not bode well. I'm hoping that those of us that want BA back next year get our wish, but i'm not feeling very confident at this point.

With Ari there are only 2 things he didn't have here. One is Luck, which is huge, and the other is a tough division.

Other than that the Colts team of last yr and the Cards team if this yr are comparable in every way.

Other than that?  That's kind of a biggie.

You might be closer to say the Colts team of 2011 and the Cards team of this year are comparable in every way but the tough division.

No, I think they will let him pick his own staff and that they will draft the QB he wants in the draft and get that QB an O-Line and then he will say that he will get Fitz the ball. lol

The questions here is, would AZ get a QB in the draft, and how close is Geno Smith to Russell Wilson or Mike Glennon to A. Luck for Arians to develop?  I think anyone who takes a USC QB in the draft (especially one that got injured and regressed in senior year : see also Curtis Painter) is asking for trouble.  If BA can get Glennon, especially in second round, he might have more than an interest...

Here's hoping he stays with the Colts though.  

Im beginning to believe BA may be the next HC of the Cardinals. I still think it is not the ideal situation that he was looking for, but the draw of being a HC may just be too much for him to pass up. The Cardinals do have a nice defense and some nice receivers but the QB situation is bleak at best. Im not sold on any of the QB's coming out this yr. especially Geno Smith as a 1st rd. pick. Mike Glennon is probably best out of the bunch but thats not saying much IMO. Oh well, if he goes, here's hoping that we don't promote CC.

With Ari there are only 2 things he didn't have here. One is Luck, which is huge, and the other is a tough division.

Other than that the Colts team of last yr and the Cards team if this yr are comparable in every way.

But with no franchise QB available in the draft, that's a big difference.

I watched him speak to the AZ media, seemed like a guy who knew he had the job, but that's just my take. He referred to the Cards as "we" and spoke in past tense about Indy. At one point he had to stop himself and say "if things go this way", as he was talking about all the things they were going to do in the next couple months. Also said he was really looking forward to this interview in particular.

I watched him speak to the AZ media, seemed like a guy who knew he had the job, but that's just my take. He referred to the Cards as "we" and spoke in past tense about Indy. At one point he had to stop himself and say "if things go this way", as he was talking about all the things they were going to do in the next couple months. Also said he was really looking forward to this interview in particular.

Just watched what I believe is the same clip. He said he told his agent he would 'have to have a heck of a feeling' for the owner, organization, etc... then someone followed up with 'do you feel that here?' and he said yes. So to me, it sounded like he's taking the job if they offer it.

I watched the presser,

He spoke very highly of Indianapolis, and reiterated that he has a very good job in Indy, and that it would have to be a perfect fit for him to leave, but then went on to say that he wants to be a head coach.

He also said he has been looking forward to this interview.

He didn't really talk about Indy in the pas tense. Seem'd like a pretty standard presser, most of the media, just asked about us and the magical season we had, lots of stories about Chuck, etc.

Said he had a hard time delegating, and that he would call all the plays if he becomes the head coach, offensive coordinator would be hired, but no play calling.