Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Darius Butler - Roster Move

grmasterb

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point id take Butler over King, King gets exposed too many times , and he ALWAYS manages to get called for pass interference deep down field SMH hopefully he takes that nickel role and runs with it

At this point I'd take myself over King and Im in a wheelchair lol :lol:

i don't think linkenbach is bad at all he has all the physical tools to be good, it's more mental. linkenback played great vs the vikings and i think he could be our right tackle.

yeah, i'm not sure why people are hating on Link. other than a couple plays vs the vikings he was solid. he could play lights out and people would still claim he sucks

Welcome Butler. In regards to Essex over Olsen, and Link :facepalm: . I'm starting to think Link has the force.

Pagano- "Could you come into by office please Jeff."

Link- "Sure Coach"

Pagano-" Jeff, you've been on the team for a while now, and we appreciate your contributions. However, we are going to have to release you."

Link- *Waves Hand* "You aren't going to release me."

Pagano- "We aren't releasing you."

Link-"You are releasing Essex."

Pagano-"We are releasing Essex."

Link-"I can go about my business."

Pagano-"You can go about your business."

Link- "Move along."

Pagano- "Move along."

LOL....good stuff corgi.

Unfortunately Link says "move along" to his defensive counterparts as well. :giveup:

By Walter Football

Strengths: Good height and athletic build with room to bulk a little in the weight room ... Very instinctive; reads and reacts without hesitation ... Very fluid hips; nice body control ... Has the recovery speed and initial acceleration you look for; no questions athletically ... Competitive and plays with a swagger ... Anticipates routes in press man coverage ... Physical and can play bump-and-run ... Smart ... Three-year starter and has experience ... Solid work ethic ... Will be a better pro than college player ... Outstanding Senior Bowl week in Mobile ... Lots of undiscovered potential.

Weaknesses: Needs to put forth more effort against the run ... Soft tackler and needs to do a better job of reading an opponent's hips, key in, and explode through in regards to tackling technique ... Should have produced more interceptions; ball skills need to be closely evaluated ... Lacks awareness in zone.

Summary: If Malcolm Jenkins runs poorly at his Pro Day, then is viewed as strictly a safety, and the NFL front offices seriously question Vontae Davis' intangibles, Darius Butler could be the first pure corner off the draft board. I am not lying here; I am confident Butler goes off the board much higher than people expect in that 14-24 range. Do not overlook this talented player just because he does not have the Internet hype of Jenkins and Davis.

Player Comparison: Asante Samuel. Same build. Similar skill set, but Samuel has better ball skills, which Butler can improve.

Butler was on a Patriots defense that was atrocious when he was on there... Granted he isn't the greatest corner but he did the best he could being on a defense that was horrible.

This. That defense was getting old, and the pass rush simply wasn't there.

That's not to say I think Butler will be good, but a former 2nd rounder has to have some good physical traits. At this point, adding some depth there won't hurt. And if he doesn't pan out, chances are, Essex will still be sitting there, waiting for our phone call.

like the pick up.. more CB's the better in my opinion... Gotta think Pagano, a guy with soooo much experience coaching up some DBs has a good chance of getting the most out of what Butler has to offer

Cutting Essex is mute... I have a feeling we will be shuffling OL via wavier wire/FA all season long

If Butler is here long. Essex surely was shown the door in quick fashion

By Walter Football

Strengths: Good height and athletic build with room to bulk a little in the weight room ... Very instinctive; reads and reacts without hesitation ... Very fluid hips; nice body control ... Has the recovery speed and initial acceleration you look for; no questions athletically ... Competitive and plays with a swagger ... Anticipates routes in press man coverage ... Physical and can play bump-and-run ... Smart ... Three-year starter and has experience ... Solid work ethic ... Will be a better pro than college player ... Outstanding Senior Bowl week in Mobile ... Lots of undiscovered potential.

Weaknesses: Needs to put forth more effort against the run ... Soft tackler and needs to do a better job of reading an opponent's hips, key in, and explode through in regards to tackling technique ... Should have produced more interceptions; ball skills need to be closely evaluated ... Lacks awareness in zone.

Summary: If Malcolm Jenkins runs poorly at his Pro Day, then is viewed as strictly a safety, and the NFL front offices seriously question Vontae Davis' intangibles, Darius Butler could be the first pure corner off the draft board. I am not lying here; I am confident Butler goes off the board much higher than people expect in that 14-24 range. Do not overlook this talented player just because he does not have the Internet hype of Jenkins and Davis.

Player Comparison: Asante Samuel. Same build. Similar skill set, but Samuel has better ball skills, which Butler can improve.

Now if only we could do something about Zibikowski!!!!!

This. That defense was getting old, and the pass rush simply wasn't there.

That's not to say I think Butler will be good, but a former 2nd rounder has to have some good physical traits. At this point, adding some depth there won't hurt. And if he doesn't pan out, chances are, Essex will still be sitting there, waiting for our phone call.

Yep but I doubt he will get cut, there's not a whole lot of depth and Gordy keeps getting deactivated for games so chances are he stays I think

Welcome Butler. In regards to Essex over Olsen, and Link :facepalm: . I'm starting to think Link has the force.

Link- "Sure Coach"

Pagano-" Jeff, you've been on the team for a while now, and we appreciate your contributions. However, we are going to have to release you."

Link- "Move along."

Pagano- "Move along."

now if he could just be a "force" on the oline

If he plays as much as Essex did I think he'll make a difference cause it's not like the colts have great corners behind Davis and powers

I hope he does, but the same case can be made for the OL and they let Essex go. I don't think it was the best move to let him go, but it's not a back breaker. I like the Butler pick up, gives us more veterans on the defense which we needed.

I was a tad bit shocked that Sowell didn't get released

Sowell is not able to be released...hasn't served his 3 weeks yet per the rules. This is the reason why you sign vets like Essex that you know can fill-in rather than your own P squad players. You can cut them anytime to make more space.

Sowell is not able to be released...hasn't served his 3 weeks yet per the rules. This is the reason why you sign vets like Essex that you know can fill-in rather than your own P squad players. You can cut them anytime to make more space.

Essex must have really looked bad in practice because they could have waited one week and release Sowell

Link- "Sure Coach"

Link- "Move along."

Pagano- "Move along."

The force only affects the weak minded, I don't see how this can be.