Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Darius Butler - Roster Move

grmasterb

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly they think Olsen is better again just because the fans hate someone does automatically make someone else better. While essex was better Sunday he had a lot of mistakes in the Vikings game and wasn't exactly a stud on Sunday not that Olsen has been much better he's had his fair share of mistakes too.

Not sure i would have released an offensive lineman. I think we need all the depth we can have there especially since Satele is still banged up. Essex at least could play all spots on the line, maybe not very good, but heck that's not much different then the others outside of maybe AC.

I wouldnt say Essex IS better because it was only 1 game and consistency is what we need with that said the effort Essex gave on Sunday was better then anything I have seen from Olsen by far, There must be more to this then just the release of Essex, something is fishy and the Butler signing as a desperate attempt to look presentable in the secondary IF Davis misses any time in my opinion

Welcome Butler. In regards to Essex over Olsen, and Link :facepalm: . I'm starting to think Link has the force.

Pagano- "Could you come into by office please Jeff."

Link- "Sure Coach"

Pagano-" Jeff, you've been on the team for a while now, and we appreciate your contributions. However, we are going to have to release you."

Link- *Waves Hand* "You aren't going to release me."

Pagano- "We aren't releasing you."

Link-"You are releasing Essex."

Pagano-"We are releasing Essex."

Link-"I can go about my business."

Pagano-"You can go about your business."

Link- "Move along."

Pagano- "Move along."

Not sure i would have released an offensive lineman. I think we need all the depth we can have there especially since Satele is still banged up. Essex at least could play all spots on the line, maybe not very good, but heck that's not much different then the others outside of maybe AC.

Thry expect to have Reitz back so they can move Olsen back to being a back up.

Welcome Butler. In regards to Essex over Olsen, and Link :facepalm: . I'm starting to think Link has the force.

Link- "Sure Coach"

Pagano-" Jeff, you've been on the team for a while now, and we appreciate your contributions. However, we are going to have to release you."

Link- "Move along."

Pagano- "Move along."

Fell outta my chair on this one! Hilarious! LOL :nutz:

exactly what i was thinking why essex over olsen!

btw this doesnt seem to be a good indicator for Davis

Doesn't have much to do with Davis. We need more experienced bodies in the secondary which we found out with two injuries. Davis just had an ankle injury, nothing that is going to keep him out for weeks.

Thry expect to have Reitz back so they can move Olsen back to being a back up.

They must plan on Satele being healthy by the Packers game, and having Reitz and Mcglynn at the guards.

I don't like that they have released Essex. I'm usually happy when they make roster moves, but this one I

am unsure of.

Link- "Sure Coach"

Link- "Move along."

Pagano- "Move along."

I KNEW IT!!!!!

They must plan on Satele being healthy by the Packers game, and having Reitz and Mcglynn at the guards.

I don't like that they have released Essex. I'm usually happy when they make roster moves, but this one I

am unsure of.

I think they feel satele will be healthy after the bye. Pagano talked about him last night and said it's the same injury from before and he went as long as he could before it just hurt too much when he tried to push off. He said no major damage just sore which means rest is what he needs a bye week is probably just what the doctor ordered for him.

Link- "Sure Coach"

Link- "Move along."

Pagano- "Move along."

It's called the Jedi Mind Trick! But, that flows from The Force!

Nicely done!! :thmup:

I like and hate this move.

Butler has good potential and could become a very solid backup, or even a starter, if he reaches his potential. Let's see how he does in that regard.

I don't like this move, because now we lost a body at a spot where we need all the bodies we can get. Essex also was better than Link and Olsen, which surprises me even more.

What/who is this CB? Too lazy to Google right now and I'm going to lunch.

A UConn Grad who has three years in the league(2 with NE and one with Carolina). Butler was All Big East in 2008 and a 2nd Round(#41) Pick of the New England Patriots. During his three NFL Seasons he has totaled 90 tackles and 3 interceptions over 42 games and 14 starts.He is also the cousin of Willis Magahee and Geno Atkins and nephew of NFL veteran Gene Atkins.