Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do we pick at 6 if the Colts stay put?

Who do we pick at 6 if the Colts stay put?   

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we pick at 6 if the Colts stay put?

• Bradley Chubb
    • Quenton Nelson
    • Tremaine Edmunds
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Other (please specify in comments)

I think we will honestly go Nelson if he available. We missed out on O-Line in FA, so it's time to build through the draft. Even with our extra 2nds, there's no guarantee that Hernandez or Wynn will fall at G, so I think Ballard's preference is to take Nelson at 6 if he can get him. Ballard has said he likes to build the trenches, and there is no one better in this year's draft to do that with than Nelson. The next choice would be Chubb, IMO. If both are gone, then I could see us going Tremaine Edmunds, though I don't know Ballard's personal opinion of him. Fitzpatrick I don't see as he is more of a FS and we have Hooker there, Barkley probably won't fall and he isn't a great option. I'll say one of the 3 I mentioned in that order of Nelson, Chubb, or Edmunds, or we trade down again.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt Nelson will be there.. Personally and unpopular but I wouldn’t mind grabbing the best corner in the draft Denzel Ward kids a baller but CB will most likely not draft a corner his size.. But wow Quincy Denzel outside with Malik Geathers over top sounds so great not to mention Hairston in the slot? Yeah sign me up for that and grab arden key who’s stock might drop to the second round right into our laps.

Nelson and Chubb are likely the right choices, as both represent the best combo of talent & need for Indy. However, I am completely in love with Tremaine Edmunds and his potential. Imagine him manning the middle of the field at 6'5" 250 lbs with blazing speed and power, while Hooker ballhawks center field? Talk about a dynamo athletic combo to build a defense around. He's raw, but I just love his talent.

I'd be perfectly fine if Indy traded down to #8 or 9, picked up additional Day 2 picks, and nabbed Edmunds :)

40 minutes ago, pables21 said:

Nelson and Chubb are likely the right choices, as both represent the best combo of talent & need for Indy. However, I am completely in love with Tremaine Edmunds and his potential. Imagine him manning the middle of the field at 6'5" 250 lbs with blazing speed and power, while Hooker ballhawks center field? Talk about a dynamo athletic combo to build a defense around. He's raw, but I just love his talent.

I'd be perfectly fine if Indy traded down to #8 or 9, picked up additional Day 2 picks, and nabbed Edmunds :)

I wouldn't mind grabbing more picks if we stay in the top half Buff is as far back as I'd want to move. The teams behind us to Oak at 10 all have their QB's in place. I think we stay put and take Chubb. 

As a Buckeye guy, Ward is not a top-10 guy. People are enamored with his athleticism, and it is top-notch, but he doesn't have near the DB skill-set that Conley and Lattimore had. This was probably one of the worst secondary units that Meyer has had, and a lot of that had to do with them being so young, but that's a big reason he stood out in the secondary. 

He's much closer to being Eli Apple, who wasn't that great either, than he is Lattimore/Conley. I wouldn't be too happy if he's our pick at #6.

8 hours ago, MPStack said:

I think any of Chubb, Nelson, Ward, Edmonds or Fitzpatrick would be great choices. As the Colts need good football players. These guys fit the bill.

Completely agreed. I don't see much separation between Chubb/Nelson and Edmunds/Fitzpatrick/Ward/Smith. We have so many holes, so adding any of these guys would make sense. I guess that's the "advantage" of having such a crap roster - at least we can be flexible in the draft and not reach for need. Because every position is a need!

When did Orlando Pace get drafted?  First overall pick by the Rams at #1 Is that too high for a linemen? He only played for the Rams 12 yrs,  Hall of famer. Don't give us that he was drafted to high for a lineman. At the # 6 pick if he is available we need a player like Nelson.  Then for our hopefully still franchise  QB Luck, He would help for years to protect Luck. As we know we have many holes to fill, defensive  wise to, But Our number #1 asset is to keep our franchise QB protected so we can have him for years to come.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Probably unrealistic, but here's my version of the simulation, lol.

Capture.jpg

I love the first 5 picks. Uchenna Nwosu is more of a 3-4 OLB. He wouldn't fit our scheme. Vita Vea is a top 20 picks so he wouldn't slide to the second round. I saw a Colts mock on Twitter that had Calvin Ridley slipping to the second round.

Just now, stitches said:

If Chubb is there I think we pick him. I am beginning to like all other options much better after the trade down to 6. I think Ward and Derwin James and Roquan need to be in the conversation too. 

I don't think Chubb, Nelson or Barkley will be there at 6

I think it goes

1st browns qb

2nd Gaints take Chubb

3rd Jets qb

4th browns take Barkley

5th Denver takes Nelson

6th Colts

unless the Giants trade their pick--but if they trade it to the browns it will go the same only in different order

23 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

When did Orlando Pace get drafted?  First overall pick by the Rams at #1 Is that too high for a linemen? He only played for the Rams 12 yrs,  Hall of famer. Don't give us that he was drafted to high for a lineman. At the # 6 pick if he is available we need a player like Nelson.  Then for our hopefully still franchise  QB Luck, He would help for years to protect Luck. As we know we have many holes to fill, defensive  wise to, But Our number #1 asset is to keep our franchise QB protected so we can have him for years to come.

Orlando Pace was a LT...a coveted position.  How many guards have gone #1? Top 5? Top 10?

5 minutes ago, reidaj1812 said:

I don't think Chubb, Nelson or Barkley will be there at 6

I think it goes

1st browns qb

2nd Gaints take Chubb

3rd Jets qb

4th browns take Barkley

5th Denver takes Nelson

6th Colts

unless the Giants trade their pick--but if they trade it to the browns it will go the same only in different order

According to reports the Jets tried to trade up to 2 with the Giants but they were not budging... so my assumption is they either love Barkley or they love one of the QBs. I don't think they would have refused that type of haul if they didn't absolutely love one of the players and I kind of don't see it with them and Chubb... 

I think 

1. QB

2. Barkley

3. QB

4. Chubb

5. Nelson 

is a more realistic scenario and then we probably will be able to trade back with Buffalo or Miami or Arizona who would get their QB at 6 and we will acquire more draft picks. 

Just now, stitches said:

According to reports the Jets tried to trade down up to 2 with the Giants but they were not budging... so my assumption is they either love Barkley or they love one of the QBs. I don't think they would have refused that type of haul if they didn't absolutely love one of the players. 

I think 

1. QB

2. Barkley

3. QB

4. Chubb

5. Nelson 

is a more realistic scenario and then we probably will be able to trade back with Buffalo or Miami or Arizona who would get their QB at 6 and we will acquire more draft picks. 

kind of agree. I can see the Giants more interested in Barkley than the browns interested in Chubb. now if the browns would trade down at 4 for a qb hungry team then we could have chubb or nelson. but if they don't and it ends like we are both saying I would rather trade with the bills for their 2 first rd picks

16 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

We can grab one or two quality starting caliber guards in the 2nd. I’d go Chubb, if he’s gone, Edmunds. 

How soon before those rookie Guards get up to speed? How many hits will our QB's take till those rooks are competent to protect our qb?

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think we will honestly go Nelson if he available. We missed out on O-Line in FA, so it's time to build through the draft. Even with our extra 2nds, there's no guarantee that Hernandez or Wynn will fall at G, so I think Ballard's preference is to take Nelson at 6 if he can get him. Ballard has said he likes to build the trenches, and there is no one better in this year's draft to do that with than Nelson. The next choice would be Chubb, IMO. If both are gone, then I could see us going Tremaine Edmunds, though I don't know Ballard's personal opinion of him. Fitzpatrick I don't see as he is more of a FS and we have Hooker there, Barkley probably won't fall and he isn't a great option. I'll say one of the 3 I mentioned in that order of Nelson, Chubb, or Edmunds, or we trade down again.

If Chubb is there..take him. Trade up for Hernandez or Wynn.

Buffalo will do whatever it takes to get into the top 4. If they strike out with the giants then they will throw together a massive trade that will make Ballard's trade yesterday look just meh. 3 QB's will be off the board by 6 and the colts will be left with a really good chance at Chubb still. Think NYG go Barkley and Denver goes Nelson or Fitzpatrick. 

Honestly, not much has changed with the trade in terms of who we take. Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are all still likely to be there.

I like Nelson but I wouldn’t take him over Chubb. I’ve said in the past that positional value is overrated, but we’re switching to a 4-3. Finding that base DE to be the cornerstone piece is important. The interior O-line depth in this class is great. We can get a guard at anytime.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Honestly, not much has changed with the trade in terms of who we take. Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are all still likely to be there.

I like Nelson but I wouldn’t take him over Chubb. I’ve said in the past that positional value is overrated, but we’re switching to a 4-3. Finding that base DE to be the cornerstone piece is important. The interior O-line depth in this class is great. We can get a guard at anytime.

I love Nelson as a prospect but like you said interior depth is good in this years draft.  Would rather go Wynn, Hernandez or Price early in the 2nd.

Sames goes with all the guys beating the Ward drum.  CB depth in this draft is great but i think the top end is lacking.  Could get a guy like Jackson, Hughes, Oliver, Alexander or Davis early and the 2nd.  Heck if we don't mind rolling the dice we could get Holton Hill with our 4th.

The drop at DE is what worries me.  Chubb is in a class of his own and I don't think that is a position that we could address in rounds 2 and 3 and still get a great player.

14 hours ago, pables21 said:

Yeah, if we draft Edmonds it'll only be 19 at the time but will turn 20 on May 2nd man that's young. 

7 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

I love Nelson as a prospect but like you said interior depth is good in this years draft.  Would rather go Wynn, Hernandez or Price early in the 2nd.

Sames goes with all the guys beating the Ward drum.  CB depth in this draft is great but i think the top end is lacking.  Could get a guy like Jackson, Hughes, Oliver, Alexander or Davis early and the 2nd.  Heck if we don't mind rolling the dice we could get Holton Hill with our 4th.

The drop at DE is what worries me.  Chubb is in a class of his own and I don't think that is a position that we could address in rounds 2 and 3 and still get a great player.

Yeah, not getting Chubb will definitely hurt but maybe we can a good one in the 2019 draft. 

33 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

I voted Edmunds.

I see 1. Barkley  2. Nelson.  3. QB   4. QB  5. ????  6. Trade back with Buffalo????

If that's what goes off the board from 1-5, I would be fine with trading back, or picking Chubb, if the Bills are willing to pay us big. That could potentially land us both Hernandez and McGlinchey, and I would love that.

I hope we pick Nelson though.

Hernandez will not make it out of the first round, so forget about getting him in the second.

2 minutes ago, CopenhagenColt said:

If that's what goes off the board from 1-5, I would be fine with trading back, or picking Chubb, if the Bills are willing to pay us big. That could potentially land us both Hernandez and McGlinchey, and I would love that.

I hope we pick Nelson though.

Hernandez will not make it out of the first round, so forget about getting him in the second.

If we trade back with Bills, I would look for Edmunds or Smith.  At 22, I would go Hernandez.  Would look for a Tackle on 2nd or 3rd.

Depends honestly on who's there and what we do with the rest of FA also what our current needs are. These are our needs imo

1.G 

We currently only have three Gs on the roster and honestly it's laughable. There are no real starting interior linemen on our current roster and it is a concern with Luck coming back.

2.CB/Edge

I put them together because it's kinda a similar situation where we have one side currently settled a la Wilson and Shread respectively, but need another presence on the opposite side to complete the set. Simon I picture him more as a OLB then a DE. I also think Anderson can move inside. He's 6 5 300 pounds. He can make the transition so DT isn't really a need

3.T

We do have a couple of guys that can play T like Haeg good and Clark, but you just don't see them as the long term answer. 

4.Weapons

This is basically a combination of skill players because we need to get more weapons all across the board. Other then Hilton and doyle, there are really no proven weapons for Luck.

5.ILB

Morrison really isn't bad as he can definitely hit and is very good at pursuit, however his play is undisciplined and he overreads play especially in coverage. I'm hoping our new DC can fix that because he really is talented 

Just now, horseshoecrabs said:

We have to start some here Bott  to help Andrew out doesn't  matter the position 

The change in coaching will help Luck more than any guard. I would trade down to,the 20's if I wanted an interior lineman in the 1st.