Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lots of former Colts want Barkley to be drafted

IndyScribe

9 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

He won't be there....Thanks Pagano..No way Browns and Giants are both dumb enough , 1 maybe, both no..It sucks, but it is increasingly becoming reality..

Correct.  Looks like Giants take him.  The guy that was a guest on THE HERD indicated that he had inside the club info on Giants and that if Barkley is there at 2, Giants absolutely take him, no questions asked.  So Cleveland goes QB ,  Giants go Barkley, Colts go Chubb (cam jordan clone?, perhaps!!)...unless a deal is struck at the 11th hour and we trade down to get the best player in the draft Nelson and other picks assuming someone has an eye on Chubb or another qb likely to get snagged early.  If Barkley is avail. at 3 (not probable), it would have to be a blockbuster of a deal to not take Barkley.  So let's not set our sights on Barkley, or rather, let's look at it this way....Barkley is the impulsive sexy pick, since he won't be there, it actually favors the Colts in that, we fill a MAJOR void with either a pass-rusher, or marquee Offensive Guard probable first year pro-bowler.  We really can't go wrong and I don't think Ballard will let us.  We need blocking b4 a running back (or qb) can succeed.  In other words, if we get Nelson, that means we struck a deal and rec'd another good pick, Barkley was gone, and we didn't think Chubb outweighed a sweet deal. (and yes, I'm having to make the assumption that Nelson is still there where we trade down to)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Correct.  Looks like Giants take him.  The guy that was a guest on THE HERD indicated that he had inside the club info on Giants and that if Barkley is there at 2, Giants absolutely take him, no questions asked.  So Cleveland goes QB ,  Giants go Barkley, Colts go Chubb (cam jordan clone?, perhaps!!)...unless a deal is struck at the 11th hour and we trade down to get the best player in the draft Nelson and other picks assuming someone has an eye on Chubb or another qb likely to get snagged early.  If Barkley is avail. at 3 (not probable), it would have to be a blockbuster of a deal to not take Barkley.  So let's not set our sights on Barkley, or rather, let's look at it this way....Barkley is the impulsive sexy pick, since he won't be there, it actually favors the Colts in that, we fill a MAJOR void with either a pass-rusher, or marquee Offensive Guard probable first year pro-bowler.  We really can't go wrong and I don't think Ballard will let us.  We need blocking b4 a running back (or qb) can succeed.  In other words, if we get Nelson, that means we struck a deal and rec'd another good pick, Barkley was gone, and we didn't think Chubb outweighed a sweet deal. (and yes, I'm having to make the assumption that Nelson is still there where we trade down to)

Yet others who do this stuff or a living think he will still be around at #3. I'm just going to wait and see, rather than sound like I am an expert. Which like all of us on here, we are not. 

17 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I trust Ballard and Reich. If they think Mack and whoever backs him up our all we need then so be it.

Im sure Reich understands Mack is a playmaker and will have plays built to his strengths. Let Ballard Build the line or the D. 

I thought Mack was the new guy too.. shows how much i know :dunno: lol

10 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

yba8i9w1l9j01.jpg

Bill Polian, former Colts GM has said that the Colts should draft Barkley.

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-forget-history-if-barkley-is-at-the-top-of-the-colts-draft-board-grab-him-and

Kravitz even had something to say.

Obviously, this doesn't mean anything draft-wise, but it's interesting to see all the support Barkley has from former Colts. I don't think any former draft picks(probably besides Luck) have received this strong of an endorsement.

Giants are sticking with Eli so either they trade down for more picks or they draft Barkley which I hope they do because I would much rather prefer Chubb. RB’s can be found in later rounds and we need pass rush more then a first round #3 pick 

8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I doubt it too.

I just don't think the Football God's would want us to have such a Mega Star... It would be in the Best interests of the TV Networks, Media, Advertisers and League if he wound up in NY.

If Irsay wants him, they have to Trade up to get him.

Trade up from the #3 spot for a RB ..... LOL no thank you. 

I would love love to see the circus in NY with diva Beckham and new comer Barkley. 

For gosh sake do not take Barkley at 3. We need pass rush more. Pass rush is HARDER to find then a decent/good RB. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They will both take QB's. Here's why, the Browns have been criticized for not getting it right at QB so they will take Darnold IMO. Eli is going to retire in a couple of years and the Giants will never pick this high again so they take Rosen or Allen to groom, then let the games begin!

I see what your saying, but couldn't the Browns draft Barkley #1, Giants take a QB #2 and then the Browns know the Colts aren't going to take a QB #3 so they can get a QB at #4?  Unless the Browns trade the #1 pick.  I'll be happy with Chubb or Barkley, but I think I prefer Barkley.  It'd be sweet if he were there, but like I said Chubb would be nice too.

32 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Giants are sticking with Eli so either they trade down for more picks or they draft Barkley which I hope they do because I would much rather prefer Chubb. RB’s can be found in later rounds and we need pass rush more then a first round #3 pick 

I would love love to see the circus in NY with diva Beckham and new comer Barkley. 

For gosh sake do not take Barkley at 3. We need pass rush more. Pass rush is HARDER to find then a decent/good RB. 

This

You take pass rush or you trade down.  

Honestly I would advocate with any top 5 pick you are taking a QB, a pass rusher or you are trading down.  Those two spots are the "game changers' on offense and defense respectively.  I could see an exception for left tackle or CB if the player is a once every 5 years type prospect. 

1 hour ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Especially in this Draft!

Chubb will be a solid all around player. But I don't think he will be the pass rusher everyone on here has been hoping for for several years. 

Ballard may have to look hard for that Diamond in the Rough for a pass rusher.

Meanwhile, take Barkley. He will have a much more positive impact and will do so immediately. 

It's a No Brainer.

2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

I kinda think If we lose out on Barkley Ballard may think the playmaker os gone. So lets trade down and get more picks. I think he may pass on Chubb and Definitely pass on Nelson at #3. Depending on what he doesn't get in FA he may address in rounds 1 & 2.

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

A shout out to former football players who gave their all every down.....is there such thing as a meaningless win?

Of course there is. You don't have to look no further than the last regular season game we played. But also look at the last games in '15 & '16 too.

25 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Chubb will be a solid all around player. But I don't think he will be the pass rusher everyone on here has been hoping for for several years. 

Meanwhile, take Barkley. He will have a much more positive impact and will do so immediately. 

It's a No Brainer.

Shoring up the O-line would have more impact than a RB.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Shoring up the O-line would have more impact than a RB.

i dont agree with that, especially not a guard

the line does need attention whether we get barkley or not.  the same is true for running back.  we cant go into next year without addressing both positions.  we might take chubb then this argument is moot

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They will both take QB's. Here's why, the Browns have been criticized for not getting it right at QB so they will take Darnold IMO. Eli is going to retire in a couple of years and the Giants will never pick this high again so they take Rosen or Allen to groom, then let the games begin!

Giants are handcuffed to Eli for the next 2 seasons, and they're going to do whatever they can to make his job as easy as possible. Taking Barkley makes a ton of sense for them.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Giants are handcuffed to Eli for the next 2 seasons, and they're going to do whatever they can to make his job as easy as possible. Taking Barkley makes a ton of sense for them.

I have been saying that all along. They didn't have a decent RB on their roster last season. Plus they are getting back their top two receivers.

They also share the same division with the super bowl winners and may want to put the best team together possible for Eli's last stand. 

13 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont agree with that, especially not a guard

the line does need attention whether we get barkley or not.  the same is true for running back.  we cant go into next year without addressing both positions.  we might take chubb then this argument is moot

What about it is there to disagree?  Keeping Luck on the field is imperative. Add the fact we need run and pass blocking too. You may disagree but it don't automatically make it true.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ok Mr. Ballard. Thanks for showing your hand.

With all our needs at RB, WR, pass rush, LBers...etc... You want G at #3???

You really think Ballard, who often talks about acquiring playmakers/gamechangers will use a #3 pick on a G?

I don't.

Everyone else can think what they want, that's what opinions are for.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You really think Ballard, who often talks about acquiring playmakers/gamechangers will use a #3 pick on a G?

I don't.

That's fine. But the old mindset of a guard is not worth a high pick is gone. The trenches are where games are won and lost. Till those positions are filled with the best possible players available the wins will not be here in Indy.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't.

@crazycolt1 said to use the pick to shore up the one which doesn’t mean you pick an OL

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown     

The only team who can decide who they want this early are the Browns

This is true. Also with as many picks they have in the first three rounds they can go any direction they want. If Dorsey hits on this draft the days of the Browns being at the bottom are over. Dorsey has a pretty nice history of knowing what he is doing.

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I don't.  And I don't mean that as anything against Barkley, I think he's the best player in the draft.

But the positional value of RB's these days is low.  

I think that has been the view in the past but I think that has all changed with the success of all of these high draft picks the last couple of years.  We have come full circle and this years 1st. round is going to prove it again.  I think we could easily see three or four taken. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is true. Also with as many picks they have in the first three rounds they can go any direction they want. If Dorsey hits on this draft the days of the Browns being at the bottom are over. Dorsey has a pretty nice history of knowing what he is doing.

So true

Draft stock and need changes so much after FA and the combine

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

So true

Draft stock and need changes so much after FA and the combine

Yeah, players are already moving up and down the draft boards as we speak.  Even after the physical numbers are done then comes the mental aspects. Those are the things we wont know about.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It's a No Brainer.

Elite running backs can b found in rounds 2-4 .... a good young RB accompionied with a decent line is better then using a #3 pick on a RB. Chubb will make our def much better and get our offense more opportunities. 

Take dallas they drafted and built their O line for a couple years THEN drafted zeke. Now imagine a crap line like indy’s With a good RB it would b pointless. Zeke world b mediocore/good not elite without their line.