Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lots of former Colts want Barkley to be drafted

IndyScribe

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

1. Who says Barkley will be at 3

2. A RB can only do so much

3. Who knows how FA will go

If Barks is not there at 3, we must trade down a few spots & grab Nelson.  Sign gd Norwell in FA, draft juice to pair w/ mack (extra pick for trading back).  That still leaves us with a 2nd rd-7 picks to do whatever your heart desires!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think the Browns and Giants pick QBs 1-2....

..and the Browns must pick a QB at '1' BECAUSE the Giants will pick a QB at '2'

After watching more video, I feel the exact opposite. Remember, the Browns also get to pick at #4, so they need to ask themselves who they think the GIants or Colts will take. There's no way the Colts are taking a QB, and there's no way the Giants will either, as I feel Pat Shurmur made that clear in his Combine interview that they're committed to Eli, and a 1st round QB selection I feel would add too much drama in the Giants locker room. That is Eli's team.

It's certainly possible there's a trade-up, but I think the Browns will play the odds and assume a QB is available to them at #4, so in my opinion, it will be:
#1 Browns -- Barkley
#2 Giants -- Not a QB
#3 Colts -- O-line or D-Line
#4 Browns -- QB

It's strange watching Barkley highlights...very few clips of him running with power.  He's built to be a power runner, but almost every clip is of him being elusive and running away from defenders.  Definitely has speed and is elusive.

40 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

After watching more video, I feel the exact opposite. Remember, the Browns also get to pick at #4, so they need to ask themselves who they think the GIants or Colts will take. There's no way the Colts are taking a QB, and there's no way the Giants will either, as I feel Pat Shurmur made that clear in his Combine interview that they're committed to Eli, and a 1st round QB selection I feel would add too much drama in the Giants locker room. That is Eli's team.

It's certainly possible there's a trade-up, but I think the Browns will play the odds and assume a QB is available to them at #4, so in my opinion, it will be:
#1 Browns -- Barkley
#2 Giants -- Not a QB
#3 Colts -- O-line or D-Line
#4 Browns -- QB

IMO

the only way the Browns take a QB at 1 is if they only have 1 guy in mind and/or are worried about a trade back by NYG and Colts

On 3/2/2018 at 1:13 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I doubt it too.

I just don't think the Football God's would want us to have such a Mega Star... It would be in the Best interests of the TV Networks, Media, Advertisers and League if he wound up in NY.

If Irsay wants him, they have to Trade up to get him.

wait a min. arent you the same poster that was against drafting Barkley? change of hearts?

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

colts could trade their pick to someone that grabs a qb

and eli is 37 and declining.  QBs could certainly go 1-2, or 1-2-3 if we trade our pick 

7 hours ago, A8bil said:

It's strange watching Barkley highlights...very few clips of him running with power.  He's built to be a power runner, but almost every clip is of him being elusive and running away from defenders.  Definitely has speed and is elusive.

He is not a power runner, he is a finesse RB. Everyone comparing him to AP is wrong. Look at his yards after contact they are not impressive. 

9 hours ago, SolidGold said:

Trade down with Jets # 6 We get :

rd 1 #6 - Nelson

rd 2 #36 + 50- Key , Hernandez 

rd 3 #67- BPA LB

rd 4 #100 + 102 - BPA RB & WR

rd 5 # 131- ?

rd 6 # 164- ?

rd 7 # 195- ?

jets rd 2 #? 2019

Arden Key is so terrible what are you saying

Let’s hope browns and giants don’t get QB’s when free agency opens. The browns need a QB no matter what and giants need to start grooming Manning’s replacement. But they can do that through free agency. I hope we get barkley. After those freakish numbers at the combine. We can’t pass up if he’s there

I think it's highly probable QB's go 1 and 2.  Browns can't take the chance and not take their top QB on the board.  Giants should take the heir to ElI but they could also trade back a few spots and let another team take a QB and get more picks.  that leaves the Colts and if QB's go 1 and 2  I think Ballard will take Baclay because I believe we are fixing the OL in FA.  We will go defense in the 2nd. rd. 

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The coach in me disagrees on 2

you think chubb or nelson are big game changers?  i dont

ive said i would be fine with chubb and its still true, but im starting to think barkley is the best player in the class and its not close 

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

ive said i would be fine with chubb and its still true, but im starting to think barkley is the best player in the class and its not close 

Never said that 

Said a RB relys on so many things to be successful    

The only two O players to touch the ball on every play are the C and QB

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Never said that 

Said a RB relys on so many things to be successful    

The only two O players to touch the ball on every play are the C and QB

i dont worry about snap counts or touches when it comes to drafting players.  WRs get like 5-10 touches a game, but they can also get 100+ yards in those touches

running backs can get 20+ touches which is easily enough to impact the outcome of the game in a big way.  barkley is a good blocker too, and his presence will effect defenses even when he doesnt get the hand off

if you dont think the line is good enough for barkley, then its not good enough for luck, brissett or anyone else either 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, pgt_rob said:

My opinion is that he's not going to be there. Giants will take him at #2.

Rob, Browns must get a QB and their choices may change by the 4th pick.

Giants have a bad offensive line (to be kind)

Will they pass on Nelson for Barkley and will they leave every QB on the board.?

Nelson is the surest bet in the draft.

Barkley and Chubb may very much be available at 3

54 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I don’t that is why I said if the OL is not addressed in FA in must be in the Draft

ol needs to be a priority in FA, it just has to

thats why i was getting irritated yesterday, we have 80 million to spend and there are guys available.  any starting guard that hits the market is an upgrade to what we have.  we also have literally no one from our own drafts to pay in the next couple years 

29 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Frank Reich said he likes the running back depth in the draft so I guess that really rules out saquon barkley 

I think the browns pick barkley and giants take chubb leaving us with nelson or a trade back. Browns get a qb at 4 and giants get one later in draft

31 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Frank Reich said he likes the running back depth in the draft so I guess that really rules out saquon barkley 

While there are some other good rbs they not as explosive as barkley. Guice and michel are more physical than barkley but penny is a good pass protector.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, Flash7 said:

So if we draft Barkley, there is no way to address the O-line?

We absolutely must draft an O-lineman in the 1st or else there is no other way to protect Luck? 

Could it be possible to acquire someone through FA or using other draft picks to address the O-line? Or does it have to be our first round pick otherwise, it's no good?

They will never draft  Barkley even if they had the #1 spot. Charles Barkley, maybe.

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

I Don't either. That's why I'm leaning trading down as far as #11 and getting as many 2nd & 3rd rd. picks as I can.