Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Andrew Luck Discussions (merge) The Dark Mystery of Andrew Luck

King Colt

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Multiple first and second rounders. But realistically, if the Colts are willing to deal Luck it means he is damaged goods. Would you really want that? He probably wouldn't even pass a physical. Luck to Denver ain't happening unless it's in the very twilight of his career.

I would assume Denver wouldn’t blindly trade. I would assume Denver medical staff would exam him. 

On 12/8/2017 at 10:28 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He won 4 League MVP's here in Indy and only 1 in Denver so your Post is way off. Yeah he had the same amount of SB's apps and wins but Denver was built to win when he arrived there, we weren't when Peyton was drafted. Anyway Luck likes it here in Indy and is under contract for 5 more years so he isn't going anywhere unless you want to give us 4 or 5 Draft picks which Elway wouldn't do.

I wouldn’t say way off. The most important stat is he went to 2 superbowls with us in four years and 2 superbowls in 14 years with you. He won the MVP award with you(4) and us. Yes he won more with you guys because you had him for 10 more years and in “ his prime”. Took X amount of years to build an offense to set the league records for points, Td, and yards. Took him less that 4 years with Denver. It’s a shame he didn’t start his career with us ;)

2 hours ago, Murph2432 said:

I would assume Denver wouldn’t blindly trade. I would assume Denver medical staff would exam him. 

I wouldn’t say way off. The most important stat is he went to 2 superbowls with us in four years and 2 superbowls in 14 years with you. He won the MVP award with you(4) and us. Yes he won more with you guys because you had him for 10 more years and in “ his prime”. Took X amount of years to build an offense to set the league records for points, Td, and yards. Took him less that 4 years with Denver. It’s a shame he didn’t start his career with us ;)

"Us"? "We"?  You got a mouse in the pocket of your Broncos jammies?

You're a couple years late for coming on a Colts message board to gloat about how awesome you Broncos are.  Your team sucks, no fun to watch, and you have Talib the Thug assaulting people.  Colts don't tolerate guys like that.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:54 PM, Roger said:

"Us"? "We"?  You got a mouse in the pocket of your Broncos jammies?

You're a couple years late for coming on a Colts message board to gloat about how awesome you Broncos are.  Your team sucks, no fun to watch, and you have Talib the Thug assaulting people.  Colts don't tolerate guys like that.

Lol, the audacity of this dude. Gotta love Broncos fans on Reddit or anywhere else for that matter trying to be all buddy-buddy "horse bros 4 life" with us when their defense constantly tries to take out one of our own on some Saints bounty sh-t.

5 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Lol, the audacity of this dude. Gotta love Broncos fans on Reddit or anywhere else for that matter trying to be all buddy-buddy "horse bros 4 life" with us when their defense constantly tries to take out one of our own on some Saints bounty sh-t.

Audacity indeed. The Audacity of Dope.

44 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I do find it interesting that we have yet to here a single thing from Andrew Luck directly. It's always thru the Colts media department. Not saying it's not true. Just thinking out loud

End of the season we will here from Andrew. Ballard had confirmed this. Luck is focused on rehabbing until then.

16 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Idk if this has been posted yet or not, and I really don't want to go through this whole thread to find it. 

But this is the the latest I have seen on Luck: 

https://www.google.com/amp/coltswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/12/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-making-progress-europe/amp/

Yeah I seen it. Promising.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Zak Keefer @zkeefer

Bill Polian notes on @SportsCenter just now: "Everything I do hear hints that Andrew Luck will be back and will be fine for next season."

Good news, though I'd like to hear "this procedure was successful", or "the injury was diagnosed and repaired". Something to show that Luck is better rather than word of mouth that he's fine when no actual surgery or anything has been done. Unless I missed something and it has already.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Zak Keefer @zkeefer

Bill Polian notes on @SportsCenter just now: "Everything I do hear hints that Andrew Luck will be back and will be fine for next season."

Good to hear. I think some of the clouds of doubt will begin to evaporate.

In the Rappaport story there was THIS comment from Irsay that I'm cutting and pasting.....

"No additional surgery at this point planned."

Well....   OK.....   good to know,  but NOT all that comforting....   at least,  not to me.

My instincts say ths is NOT over....    not yet, at least....      

Sorry,    I don't mean to be a negative guy here....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In the Rappaport story there was THIS comment from Irsay that I'm cutting and pasting.....

"No additional surgery at this point planned."

Well....   OK.....   good to know,  but NOT all that comforting....   at least,  not to me.

My instincts say ths is NOT over....    not yet, at least....      

Sorry,    I don't mean to be a negative guy here....

Don't panic. I think he will be fine. He has all this off season to get his body and weight in football shape.

As far as him being overseas this long he may not be spending all his time getting treatment. He spent a lot of his younger days in Europe and could be just kicking back vacationing and sightseeing.

50 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Don't panic. I think he will be fine. He has all this off season to get his body and weight in football shape.

As far as him being overseas this long he may not be spending all his time getting treatment. He spent a lot of his younger days in Europe and could be just kicking back vacationing and sightseeing.

No panic here....    just some skepticism... and I won't be content until we hear from Luck himself in January and I hear his answers to what will be a flood of questions....

Then...   I want to see how he does in April minicamps and OTA's...     that will be important to observe...

When he clears that hurdle and we don't draft a QB in the draft, THEN I'll feel much, much better!          :thmup:

Saw Irsays comment that Luck is fine also, and then I began to wonder.  What if Luck doesn't want Pagano to go?  That stuff happens.  Franchise QBs have a lot of influence. Maybe they are close.  That being said, if Pagano is let go, could it be that Luck signed off on it as well?  Maybe they aren't close.  I would really like to know what Luck thinks, but probably wont happen. 

19 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Saw Irsays comment that Luck is fine also, and then I began to wonder.  What if Luck doesn't want Pagano to go?  That stuff happens.  Franchise QBs have a lot of influence. Maybe they are close.  That being said, if Pagano is let go, could it be that Luck signed off on it as well?  Maybe they aren't close.  I would really like to know what Luck thinks, but probably wont happen. 

It will all come out after the season. That is when the decision to fire Chuck will happen and when Andrew will speak on his health. Until then I wouldn't worry about it. Black Monday will be interesting.

I would have been more concerned if Luck returned in 2017 and played. Giving him a year and a half to recover and repair his shoulder takes time and giving him the year off to recover will be worth the wait down the line.

I feel like a lot of people have either forgotten about Luck or just don't see him as an elite QB.

I have a gut feeling Luck is going to come back and have an MVP like season in 18. Chris Ballard just needs to give this kid more to work with.

I have faith that Ballard will do everything in his power to not only protect Luck but surround him with more talent.

3 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

I would have been more concerned if Luck returned in 2017 and played. Giving him a year and a half to recover and repair his shoulder takes time and giving him the year off to recover will be worth the wait down the line.

I feel like a lot of people have either forgotten about Luck or just don't see him as an elite QB.

I have a gut feeling Luck is going to come back and have an MVP like season in 18. Chris Ballard just needs to give this kid more to work with.

I have faith that Ballard will do everything in his power to not only protect Luck but surround him with more talent.

I sure you are right,only time will tell

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

The Andrew Luck I have followed since he arrived at Stanford doesn't get involved in the politics of football.

He wouldn't knock on Irsay's door and say....   "If you're asking for my vote,  I'd say keep/fire him."     He tries to stay out of those things.     That's how he was raised by his father.     Stuff happens and you don't want to try and alter the course of a poop storm....    they get messy.      You don't want it ever revealed somewhere down the road that you had a hand in someone getting kept or fired...   people would look at you funny.  (and not in a good way.)   It doesn't help in the locker room.

Luck doesn't want his finger prints over the future of the franchise except how he does his job on the field....