Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Andrew Luck Discussions (merge) The Dark Mystery of Andrew Luck

King Colt

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/5/2017 at 3:38 PM, Murph2432 said:

Broncos fan here wishing you guys would be willing to trade Luck. 

On the Denver forums they are debating on what it would cost to land Luck. In your guys opinion, would you be willing to trade him, if healthy, and if so what would you think it would cost?  

I fully understand the chances are are very slim but I would like to get the other sides opinion. 

Won’t happen.  Luck will either play as a Colt or not play.  This isn’t Peyton Manning 2.0 where Andrew Luck was looking the Colts in the face and they had an out on Peyton’s contract.  The Colts are locked into Luck’s salary and they aren’t going to have the top pick and even if they did the QBs coming out aren’t the “sure thing” Luck was and Luck if healthy isn’t close to retirement.  There is no way the Colts part ways with Luck if he can play.  

21 hours ago, Murph2432 said:

How could you blame me? We already took two QBs of yours and won SB with them lol. 

One was a rental and the other didn't want to play for the Colts. You guys didn't take anything. Luck returns next season while the Broncos will have.........

15 minutes ago, Restored said:

One was a rental and the other didn't want to play for the Colts. You guys didn't take anything. Luck returns next season while the Broncos will have.........

Sound salty man.I guess I would be too if Denver was able to get Peyton to basically do everything he did in 14 years with the colts in 4 years with Denver. 2 super appearances( won 1 lost 1), MVP, Comeback award, breaking the single season record and some other all time records, division wins every year. I’ll be patient and watch you guys waste Luck career and then “rent” him when you guys think he’s done. 

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Won’t happen.  Luck will either play as a Colt or not play.  This isn’t Peyton Manning 2.0 where Andrew Luck was looking the Colts in the face and they had an out on Peyton’s contract.  The Colts are locked into Luck’s salary and they aren’t going to have the top pick and even if they did the QBs coming out aren’t the “sure thing” Luck was and Luck if healthy isn’t close to retirement.  There is no way the Colts part ways with Luck if he can play.  

I agree with you that it won’t happen. I was just asking what the realistic value of Luck. I was trying to get Colts fan perspective. And find out if you would trade him at his value. 

3 hours ago, Murph2432 said:

I agree with you that it won’t happen. I was just asking what the realistic value of Luck. I was trying to get Colts fan perspective. And find out if you would trade him at his value. 

That’s my point his value is so high no the Colts wouldn’t entertain trading him.

I know Luck left for Europe, for treatment, vacation, whatever else...... no one knows......  He's still employed and cashing checks from Irsay, I wonder what makes him so different from other rehabbing players who show up on Sundays to support their team, help their replacement, especially a young kid like Brissett.....  I dunno, just strange to me that Luck, once done for the year, Completely left.... he was always there on the sidelines when he missed games prior to this season.  It just seems very against the norm, can anyone name other high profile, team-leader, face of the franchise types who just stay completely away from the team when rehabbing during the season?  If so, what is the reason?  Just used to seeing hurt guys out there supporting their teammates I guess....

25 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Just used to seeing hurt guys out there supporting their teammates I guess....

he wasnt happy with the treatment he was getting in the states so he left for Europe

i guess he thought that was more important than being on the sidelines

this injury could threaten his career.  i do think he will come back, but can he stay healthy for 16 game seasons is what i would be really worried about 

45 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I know Luck left for Europe, for treatment, vacation, whatever else...... no one knows......  He's still employed and cashing checks from Irsay, I wonder what makes him so different from other rehabbing players who show up on Sundays to support their team, help their replacement, especially a young kid like Brissett.....  I dunno, just strange to me that Luck, once done for the year, Completely left.... he was always there on the sidelines when he missed games prior to this season.  It just seems very against the norm, can anyone name other high profile, team-leader, face of the franchise types who just stay completely away from the team when rehabbing during the season?  If so, what is the reason?  Just used to seeing hurt guys out there supporting their teammates I guess....

Luck is without question the leader of this team and the most important player on the team -- he plays the most pivotal position. He had a tough decision to make: 1) Stay with the team and continue with the treatment that he had been receiving, which hadn't provided the desired results, or 2) Leave the team to receive treatment in Europe.

I am more than sure that he discussed this with the team and with Irsay/Ballard. Collectively, I assume that they all felt it was more important for Andrew to do whatever was necessary to get ready for next season.

Lastly, he had to make the decision during the season. If the treatment in Europe does not work, then he will have to decide if another surgery is necessary. This simply could not wait until after the season. Time is of the essence. 

38 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Merged.

44 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Lastly, he had to make the decision during the season. If the treatment in Europe does not work, then he will have to decide if another surgery is necessary. This simply could not wait until after the season. Time is of the essence. 

I would argue that this was the driving factor... can't risk not being ready in time again in 2018

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

He needs to be 100%, IF possible, if not.......................Indy will be picking in the top 10 for a couple of years...fo sho!

Its a long time to keep ones fingers crossed.  I hope we hear some good news soon.

If he needs a "cleanup" type scope then lets do it... I felt he should have had the original surgery last year during the season vs. playing in the Jags game... though it doesn't matter at this point.  

I don't want to see history repeated in terms of timing.... I am sure most would agree with that.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Its a long time to keep ones fingers crossed.  I hope we hear some good news soon.

If he needs a "cleanup" type scope then lets do it... I felt he should have had the original surgery last year during the season vs. playing in the Jags game... though it doesn't matter at this point.  

I don't want to see history repeated in terms of timing.... I am sure most would agree with that.

I am concerned....truly....

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

he wasnt happy with the treatment he was getting in the states so he left for Europe

i guess he thought that was more important than being on the sidelines

this injury could threaten his career.  i do think he will come back, but can he stay healthy for 16 game seasons is what i would be really worried about 

I think his career is over. He should not be feeling pain this far after the surgery. Its not good. If this, whatever number, surgery doesn't relieve the pain, then I dont think he plays. One because even if he can play, he won't a full year; two, he doesn't need football.

I think there is a higher chance he doesn't play than he does.

18 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

He should have gotten it fixed when it happened a season and a half ago. Some serious dookie is about to hit the fan.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys worry to much. He will be starting on opening day in 2018.

I just figured we could give the " bash Pagano " conversations a break .... so we are discussing something that hasn't been talked about much lmao 

16 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

He should have gotten it fixed when it happened a season and a half ago. Some serious dookie is about to hit the fan.

Probably should have.  I am sure they knew what was going on and I am sure they were aware of all options.  Ultimately, I believe it was AL who decided to avoid surgery and give a non-invasive approach a chance.  Problem is it really never had a chance to heal because of continued abuse.... just my take on it.  Nothing to prove any of that.

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I also have an issue with him disappearing to Europe.

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

:facepalm:

more or less just wondering where he was prior to going on IR, he was only around on game days for what 2 weeks?  Geeze, you guys are getting really worn out at the mere mention of Luck's name.......  I never questioned his love for the game, or said a dang thing about his career being at risk, sorry for posing a question that simply had me say hmm.....  I know he is in Europe NOW, was merely trying to remember when he was last visible on game days this year as he has been in past injury weeks during seasons.....  ok, resume the public skewering.  

On 12/7/2017 at 9:04 AM, Murph2432 said:

Sound salty man.I guess I would be too if Denver was able to get Peyton to basically do everything he did in 14 years with the colts in 4 years with Denver. 2 super appearances( won 1 lost 1), MVP, Comeback award, breaking the single season record and some other all time records, division wins every year. I’ll be patient and watch you guys waste Luck career and then “rent” him when you guys think he’s done. 

No salt. Just facts. Most of the records he built in Indianapolis were broken in Denver. He walked on to a Denver team that was already pretty well complete as well, not a team starting at the bottom like early in his career in Indy. Go ahead and be patient. It'll be another long 10 years of Trevor Siemian's and Paxton Lynch's.

11 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

more or less just wondering where he was prior to going on IR, he was only around on game days for what 2 weeks?  Geeze, you guys are getting really worn out at the mere mention of Luck's name.......  I never questioned his love for the game, or said a dang thing about his career being at risk, sorry for posing a question that simply had me say hmm.....  I know he is in Europe NOW, was merely trying to remember when he was last visible on game days this year as he has been in past injury weeks during seasons.....  ok, resume the public skewering.  

I face palmed simply because we have enough to worry about with Luck as it is, let alone wondering about why/where he was during the games weeks ago. 

42 minutes ago, Restored said:

No salt. Just facts. Most of the records he built in Indianapolis were broken in Denver. He walked on to a Denver team that was already pretty well complete as well, not a team starting at the bottom like early in his career in Indy. Go ahead and be patient. It'll be another long 10 years of Trevor Siemian's and Paxton Lynch's.

Not to be argumentative but if you look at all of Peyton's records he in fact did not break most of his records in Denver.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:04 AM, Murph2432 said:

He won 4 League MVP's here in Indy and only 1 in Denver so your Post is way off. Yeah he had the same amount of SB's apps and wins but Denver was built to win when he arrived there, we weren't when Peyton was drafted. Anyway Luck likes it here in Indy and is under contract for 5 more years so he isn't going anywhere unless you want to give us 4 or 5 Draft picks which Elway wouldn't do.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey Elway, give us your 1st Round and 2nd Round pick this year and next year for Andrew lmao. In all honesty I wouldn't trade Andrew but imagine having 2 picks in the Top 5 this season because Denver is picking in the Top 5 and so are we. + we would have their 1st and 2nd and next year too, the same thing haha 

If the Broncos offered that right now, on this day, I definitely would. I would put Luck's health at 50/50. With Brissett, those picks, a deep QB class, and Andrew's age and injuries, I think it may benefit us in the long term, especially with Ballard at the helm. Two top 5 picks would give us two elite players, or plenty of trade options. The other picks would build a solid team as well. Of course if Luck is healthy, forget it. Right now, I'd sell him at that value though. Build an O-Line and some defense with Brissett and a mid round QB, and see how it works.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If the Broncos offered that right now, on this day, I definitely would. I would put Luck's health at 50/50. With Brissett, those picks, a deep QB class, and Andrew's age and injuries, I think it may benefit us in the long term, especially with Ballard at the helm. Two top 5 picks would give us two elite players, or plenty of trade options. The other picks would build a solid team as well. Of course if Luck is healthy, forget it. Right now, I'd sell him at that value though. Build an O-Line and some defense with Brissett and a mid round QB, and see how it works.

Yeah that is tempting because at worse we would have 2 Top 7 picks this season (as of now Top 5 picks) depending on where teams finish this season and 2 high picks in this years 2nd Round. Also we would have their 1st and 2nd next year too. That is a lot to help build a team. I am one that thinks Andrew will get healthy so if I am trading him I want a lot.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that is tempting because at worse we would have 2 Top 7 picks this season (as of now Top 5 picks) depending on where teams finish this season and 2 high picks in this years 2nd Round. Also we would have their 1st and 2nd next year too. That is a lot to help build a team. I am one that thinks Andrew will get healthy so if I am trading him I want a lot.

The only thing I'm scared of is nerve damage. If Luck has that, then his career could be in jeopardy. If it's another issue, I'm sure it can get fixed with the correct surgery and recovery time. I'm pretty sure Luck's value is at an all time low right now though, so we can only hope and pray for his recovery.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:10 AM, Murph2432 said:

Multiple first and second rounders. But realistically, if the Colts are willing to deal Luck it means he is damaged goods. Would you really want that? He probably wouldn't even pass a physical. Luck to Denver ain't happening unless it's in the very twilight of his career.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, BR-549 said:

I just figured we could give the " bash Pagano " conversations a break .... so we are discussing something that hasn't been talked about much lmao 

If this thread goes much further it will eventually turn into a bash Pagano thread just like 99% do. :spit: