Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Andrew Luck Discussions (merge) The Dark Mystery of Andrew Luck

King Colt

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem here is that Andrew Luck probably doesn't know exactly where he is. He can pass on the doctor reports to the Colts but his progress could have 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards, like most rehab processes. So, dragging everyone through the roller coaster from the press to the fans is not going to do him any good, especially if he feels he will have more steps forward eventually. However, being that it might be early in the process, and that he is in touch with his employer, he can let the employer (Colts) play the middle man with the press as much as possible thus allowing him to focus on his rehab.

Worst case scenario - the Colts' actions will speak louder than words. Best case scenario - the Colts' actions will still speak louder than words. Given that it is early and given that the Colts have fallen flat on their face with their prior mishaps reporting his progress, the Colts will be more cautious not giving an update till things are more definitive. But trust me, the Colts are not taking this rehab for granted, that is for sure and will have a greater pulse on his rehab this time around. That is my take on it.

19 hours ago, King Colt said:

Not sure which broadcast this came out of it may have been the Colt game but a broadcaster made a point of why no one is saying exactly where Luck is. What is being done to him. What is his status is and so on. To my knowledge there has never been such a deliberate silence/cover up over a player's health. What reason could the Colts have to deliberately be mum on everything? 

I dont think there is some big cover up or conspiracy.  That said, I do worry that perhaps there is a deeper/second injury that the doctors missed the first time or if the doctor bungled the surgery and now the Colts and Luck are trying to get that fixed with as few leaks/distractions as possible.  

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The biggest problem here is that Andrew Luck probably doesn't know exactly where he is. He can pass on the doctor reports to the Colts but his progress could have 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards, like most rehab processes. So, dragging everyone through the roller coaster from the press to the fans is not going to do him any good, especially if he feels he will have more steps forward eventually. However, being that it might be early in the process, and that he is in touch with his employer, he can let the employer (Colts) play the middle man with the press as much as possible thus allowing him to focus on his rehab.

Worst case scenario - the Colts' actions will speak louder than words. Best case scenario - the Colts' actions will still speak louder than words. Given that it is early and given that the Colts have fallen flat on their face with their prior mishaps reporting his progress, the Colts will be more cautious not giving an update till things are more definitive. But trust me, the Colts are not taking this rehab for granted, that is for sure and will have a greater pulse on his rehab this time around. That is my take on it.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the bolded.

Lets start taking odds on his return. I say he is done as an elite QB if he doe comeback at all. It's one thing to get injured, it's another thing to get pounded on that shoulder for however many games (and it was many) over two years then expect it to return to normal. He is as much  to blame as much as the owner.

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

*said lmao

Relax my friend, im simply giving you a hard time. I'm far from the only one that does it, and im not sure where you're getting that i said it on your Coach firing thread, I didn't actually.

Not you in my thread lol, from other people, its just annoying posting something and the first response you get from people is jokes and knocks about how this has already been discussed etc etc. If its already been discussed in other threads and you dont want to read it, than move on. The ridicule and unwarranted shots are not needed. All good man just my 2 cents 

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Lets tart taking odds on his return. I say he is done as an elite QB if he doe comeback at all. It's one thing to get injured, it's another thing to get pounded on that shoulder for however many games (and it was many) over two years then expect it to return to normal. He is as much  to blame as much as the owner.

We will see because I say he recovers 100% and starts on opening day in 2018.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually nothing, I am for people posting what they want. It's open thread but Andrew and Chuck threads are approaching all-time highs. Like I said I am ok with it but they are unavoidable at this point.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease-human nature.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh yeah! Between now and until the Draft there will be at least 20 more new Andrew Topics. :thmup:

JFK was shot in 63 or 54 years ago and yet the questions continue and then there is Lincoln so get used to it.

P.PS Those two guys were only presidents, Luck is the quarterback of the Colts!!

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually nothing, I am for people posting what they want. It's an open Site but Andrew and Chuck Threads are approaching all-time highs. Like I said I am ok with it but they are unavoidable at this point.

Yep, which is why i point it out.  Only out of desperate hope a single poster will get the hint and take 30 seconds to see if there's a post on that subject already.  (insane thought I know) Ultimately, I'm ok with it too.  Really, we need another MEGA-Merge like we did with the TRich threads.

Hey for all to remember. We can post, commit, ridicule. laugh about, be outraged and agree or disagree with each other but in the end we really only have our thoughts. The Owner and his Gm decides our direction. Yea I know this isn't something  everyone doesn't  already know, but it's something we  need to be reminded of when you jump on fan's thoughts in this forum. As a fan we should have the same goals and be tolerant of fan's comments this isn't  a contest

on who has more status in our forum. 

44 minutes ago, Roger said:

You are throwing up a batch of irrelevant data. The trend of ever growing viewership has been broken. Facts are, NFL is hearing screams from unhappy advertisers.  The next TV deal would be for less money.  Empty seats are not good. Even if tickets are sold, NFL loses gear sales, beer, food. Even losing 10% of viewers would be a disaster.  Thanksgiving games were down 10% (1st game) and 25% (2nd game) from 2016.  THAT is a huge problem.  As I said, the NFL must grow in popularity, else revenue WILL shrink.  When revenue shrinks, players will not be paid as much.

Virtually ALL revenue is dependent on TV viewership and game attendance.  If you think that the business isn't shrinking, then take an intro business course.

Unhappy advertisers?  You're aware that ad revenue increased this season, right?  In November the CEO of CBS Corp. was interviewed and is nothing but bullish on the NFL.  He, like everyone else, knows it's still the most massive vehicle to get to the prime spending demographic.  CBS lost no advertisers.  And the biggest advertisers, Nike, Anheuser Busch, Bose, Ford, Hyundai, Under Armour, they all openly and positively reaffirmed their support of the NFL, in the face of protests and down viewership.  All those irrelevant stats I provided show revenue increasing.  Substantially.  You predicting the future is just that, a prediction.  But for now, to include the 2017/18 season, you're simply not right.  Sustainability is the question, but you're premature to say it is failing, or has failed. It's the exact opposite.  Last I'll get into this, or reply - it's off topic.

17 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

There is also nothing wrong with resurrecting a thread if you have a thought on the subject (in lieu of starting a new thread).... particularly if it is a subject that has been beat into the ground.

It's only beat to the ground if there is no new thoughts, only ridicule 

2 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

It's only beat to the ground if there is no new thoughts, only ridicule 

Na... thats what I mean.  Just grab an old thread and post your new thought.

I am not trying to ridicule you, have at it man post all you want, just understand that it is getting pretty old around here....

Fire Chuck

Andrew Luck will never play again.... blah blah

3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Na... thats what I mean.  Just grab an old thread and post your new thought.

I am not trying to ridicule you, have at it man post all you want, just understand that it is getting pretty old around here....

Fire Chuck

Andrew Luck will never play again.... blah blah

Well losing is getting old too that why there is so many posts. I hear your  frustration, mine to. Hope we can get on tract next year. Winning does soothe  the savage beast. lol and hopefully, these type of redundant posts next year

Since it’s a mystery if Luck will ever play again, more reason why I want the Colts to lose out. It does a few things. A) Pretty much guarantees Chuck gets fired B) Gives the Colts more options come draft day C) If worse case happens (Lucks career is over or misses yet another season) it would be nice to be at spot 3 and choose the leftover QB between Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield. 

Just now, Jaredfor3 said:

Since it’s a mystery if Luck will ever play again, more reason why I want the Colts to lose out. It does a few things. A) Pretty much guarantees Chuck gets fired B) Gives the Colts more options come draft day C) If worse case happens (Lucks career is over or misses yet another season) it would be nice to be at spot 3 and choose the leftover QB between Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield. 

Even if he isn't quite the same, a healthy Luck is still a very good quarterback. What we need is a run game and defense. Ballard coming from the Chiefs, knows this. The Chiefs are a very solid team with A Smith who is no world beater, buy they have...a run game and defense. Luck is a better athlete all around than Smith, so I am confident that is where we are heading. A new offensive scheme will help also. More of a Pats scheme where he can get rid of the ball quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Jaredfor3 said:

If luck does not return, i would rather stick with Brissett for another season, build the d.  maybe get a qb the next year

We would call Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, who would quickly agree to play for the Colts at QB, being truly the comeback kid.  He would want #4, so he and Adam would battle out in a laser tag showdown at Lucas Oil Stadium to see who would get that number.  Adam wins as he is a better shot, considering his hunting skills.  Jim reluctantly takes#6 (number of NFL teams that he played QB for) but makes a deal that he can take it on the condition that the team wears khakis tucked in their white socks instead of the regular white uniform pants. 

Seriously though, I think they should weigh their options and maybe go FA with a trade or keep Brissett until next year.  I'm not sure if we'd draft a QB this year.  It would be a real bummer if Luck doesn't come back.  Five years to develop an O-line and it didn't happen, a huge contributor to his injury. 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

$140,000,000 contract and why not share about the the most important player in this nonsense franchise owned by a dork owner that said he would be ready to go in September 2017.

Better than nonsensical dork fans that think they are entitled to knowledge they aren't in fact entitled to. 

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Its an open forum for anybody to post what they want, and anybody should be able to do that without getting ridiculed for doing so, enough sayd.

Yah you are totally correct. I asked a similar question and people were saying to ban me and stuff like that. I swear some people on here are so hostile to other colts fans I wonder if they actually support another team. We are all colts fans and it's been a horrible year to be a colts fan. It's not like there is exactly a lot to talk about so if you don't like someone's topic don't reply, it's really that simple. 

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Well losing is getting old too that why there is so many posts. I hear your  frustration, mine to. Hope we can get on tract next year. Winning does soothe  the savage beast. lol and hopefully, these type of redundant posts next year

Yes losing is getting old. What is also getting old is the members of this forum that disappear until there is losing and/or controversy. Now you are not one of them, but as someone who is here day in and out and has been, there's several posters who come in the day or day after a loss or announcement of something bad, they start a new post calling for fire this person, fire that person, cut this or that etc etc. while I don't necessarily disagree, seeing the exact same thought or link posted as a new thread over and over and over not only gets old, but it also eats bandwidth and slows the forum down.  Those same posters then disappear without any discussions until the next controversy 

Which honestly is why we need a everything Luck and Pagano thread And why I will continue to point it out

:facepalm:

64186063.jpg

:grumpy2:

The man is obviously getting PRIVATE medical treatment...  or maybe he's on a PRIVATE vacation.  Either way, it's none of our business.

What else do you people need to know?  What he had for breakfast?  You want a stool sample?

Geez... do you dig through your neighbors' garbage when you want to know something about them?