Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Andrew Luck Discussions (merge) The Dark Mystery of Andrew Luck

King Colt

Not sure which broadcast this came out of it may have been the Colt game but a broadcaster made a point of why no one is saying exactly where Luck is. What is being done to him. What is his status is and so on. To my knowledge there has never been such a deliberate silence/cover up over a player's health. What reason could the Colts have to deliberately be mum on everything? 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who doesn't love a conspiracy?

Short term memory loss melts steel..

He's not throwing. He's re-habing and they're waiting to see how this treatment takes over the course of the next month. They said he'd talk at the end of the season. He's either going to need more surgery or not.. (and if the Colts would have scored more points than the Jags today, they would have won).

So far no answers as to why the hush-hush that can be verified. Guesswork not allowed here. What advantage is there is in this secret mystery??? Was he kidnapped and held hostage by Isis? Did his ship sink? Was he stolen away from his hospital room? Did he die by drinking warm British beer? Did he get lost in the British fog?

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Not sure which broadcast this came out of it may have been the Colt game but a broadcaster made a point of why no one is saying exactly where Luck is. What is being done to him. What is his status is and so on. To my knowledge there has never been such a deliberate silence/cover up over a player's health. What reason could the Colts have to deliberately be mum on everything? 

Gannon and Harlan said the Colts themselves don't know what is going on.  They haven't been in touch with him and he hasn't been at the facility.

16 minutes ago, #12. said:

Gannon and Harlan said the Colts themselves don't know what is going on.  They haven't been in touch with him and he hasn't been at the facility.

I guess the players are allowed to keep some secrets but this is too suspicious.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

So far no answers as to why the hush-hush that can be verified. Guesswork not allowed here. What advantage is there is in this secret mystery??? Was he kidnapped and held hostage by Isis? Did his ship sink? Was he stolen away from his hospital room? Did he die by drinking warm British beer? Did he get lost in the British fog?

and...

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

I guess the players are allowed to keep some secrets but this is too suspicious.

If you have ever read this, you likely would not be asking this question-

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/laws-regulations/index.html

1 hour ago, Jules said:

This thread needs music.

And cats...

4 hours ago, #12. said:

I suspect there's very little truth in that.  The Colts have nothing to say and neither does Luck at this point.     

Sometimes its it's just easier to say nothing.

When the time is right -- likely sometime in January -- either Luck will make an announcement or the Colts will with Andrew's approval.

And THEN we will know.   

8 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

They probably want to keep distractions at a minimum until the season is over.  I suspect we'll hear from Andrew in Jan.

If they're trying to keep distractions at a minimum, they have failed on an unprecedented level.

Some say Luck doesn't want to take the spotlight off of his team while hurt.

Well, this game of "feed the fans [insert your favorite word here] and keep them in the dark" has had the opposite effect.  Half of the threads on here (at least), and half of the local media coverage are all intensely focused on what in the world is going on with Luck.

A simple update from Luck himself could quash all of this wild and rampant speculation. 

But, what do I know?

2 hours ago, Superman said:

The bolded is the only accurate part of that post.

You can clear it up, then, by providing their exchange, the direct quote.

I didn't  tivo it, but as I recall it, they said after sitting down with Chuck, they were surprised to hear that Chuck and the Colts don't know what is going on with Luck.  That would imply they haven't been in contact with Luck. They added, Luck hasn't been at the facility.  If he's been in Europe seeking treatment on his own, as reported, that would all make sense.

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

Ever heard of hipaa laws?

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ever heard of hipaa laws?

HIPAA would not apply if Luck didn't want it to apply.  He is free to disclose whatever he wants.  Either Luck or the Colts have decided to keep things mum. Maybe the Colts prevailed on Luck to keep it hush hush. Maybe Luck wants to hide info.

It's his shoulder, not his privates.  His income is solely due to fan interest in his sport. 

1 hour ago, #12. said:

I didn't  tivo it, but as I recall it, they said after sitting down with Chuck, they were surprised to hear that Chuck and the Colts don't know what is going on with Luck.  

why are they surprised?

chuck is coaching the team we have now, talking to luck is out of scope for coaching the team this year 

The one thing I am not looking forward to in this offseason is all of the ridiculous Andrew Luck speculation we are going to hear.   One of the most absurd rumors I have heard is Luck is psychologically damaged because of getting hit so much that he is scared to play.  I can see where it came from with this offense line, but really?  

34 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I just heard Stephen Holder on the radio say that Luck is still receiving treatment in Germany and it’s not a 1 time treatment. He said that he’s hearing things are encouraging.  

That sounds promising. I was thinking a 1st rd QB pick wasn't out of

question by the way is was looking.

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Anyone heard of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act?

HIPAA doesn't apply to someone releasing their own information, but Andrew doesn't owe us any updates or any other private information. Since whatever treatment he's receiving is ongoing, even Andrew may not know anything yet. Only time will tell. I'm pretty certain that not a single one of us posting on this board is in a position to do anything about it if it isn't working, so maybe we should all just chill a bit and wait to see how this turns out.

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It's amazing how some people can't wrap their heads around this. Some people, even celebrities, enjoy privacy.  

He makes a ridiculous amount of money. All the secrecy is creating fans who don't trust the Colts.  That's just another black mark for a team and a League that is seeing their popularity crash. The spigot for the ridiculous money won't be on so hard.  You might say it would be smart to come clean. Unless the news is so terrible that it threatens his career.

I don't see how you "can't wrap your head around that."

7 hours ago, #12. said:

You can clear it up, then, by providing their exchange, the direct quote.

I didn't  tivo it, but as I recall it, they said after sitting down with Chuck, they were surprised to hear that Chuck and the Colts don't know what is going on with Luck.  That would imply they haven't been in contact with Luck. They added, Luck hasn't been at the facility.  If he's been in Europe seeking treatment on his own, as reported, that would all make sense.

I have it recorded, but I don't remember when that topic came up. If I come back across it I'll transcribe it. But what I heard them say was the Colts have been in regular communication with Luck, which is in harmony with everything else we've heard along the way.

13 minutes ago, Roger said:

He makes a ridiculous amount of money. All the secrecy is creating fans who don't trust the Colts.  That's just another black mark for a team and a League that is seeing their popularity crash. The spigot for the ridiculous money won't be on so hard.  You might say it would be smart to come clean. Unless the news is so terrible that it threatens his career.

Andrew Luck makes a large amount of money. And this is supposed to equate to him having less rights to privacy as a human being? 

I may agree that Colts have mishandled at times how they went about this whole saga and delivered information, i.e. Irsay stating he would be back at the start of the season. What they could have said is, "we don't know." In hind sight, that is what we are looking at. The Colts don't know. Maybe even Andrew doesn't know. 

But he has a constitutional right to privacy. He's not an elected official. He works for an entertainment corporation.  

10 minutes ago, Roger said:

16.2 million people watched the last Sunday Night Football broadcast, and the NFL still kills everything else on TV.  "Popularity crash" is therefore a relative thing...  as compared to what it used to be?  Maybe.  But in relation to everything else people are watching, and supporting, nah, it's still king. 

What Andrew Luck earns has zero to do with this.  There is no scale which mandates less privacy the more one makes.  The simplest explanation is almost always the right one, and in this instance that means he's working on pain solutions, rehabbing, and on IR so not remotely relevant today to the Colts.  That changes drastically when the new NFL year starts, as the Colts will need to know who their starting QB is sooner rather than later.  If there is nothing new to say, there is no need to have a weekly presser to tell us all nothing has changed.