Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

33 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Richardson, if 4.  Not sure we can keep that many with so many injured players on the roster.  

4 will be tough I agree. I'd look for a signing after cut downs. The Seahawks have about 9 RB's. We may have to wait until we get a couple of guys back stash someone on the PS until then. Interesting rumor Denver is going to cut TJ Ward if they can't deal him. Anyone think he might be useful at SS? 

8 minutes ago, akcolt said:

4 will be tough I agree. I'd look for a signing after cut downs. The Seahawks have about 9 RB's. We may have to wait until we get a couple of guys back stash someone on the PS until then. Interesting rumor Denver is going to cut TJ Ward if they can't deal him. Anyone think he might be useful at SS? 

Ward can fill in until Geathers gets back. But then the Colts have the problem of two safeties - one of which will want a lot of money to be a backup. 

47 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Ward can fill in until Geathers gets back. But then the Colts have the problem of two safeties - one of which will want a lot of money to be a backup. 

I hope the best for Geathers but with his injury i dont see him coming back. If he does then either he wont be as explosive of a tackler or he will be injured again shortly. Howell is a recent example of this. Its one of those plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I would take Ward on a front loaded two year deal so he can be easily cut next year. Fairly has made some plays in the preseason and I (just my opinion) like the way Lee Hightower has played so the colts brass might be ok with what we have at SS.

2 minutes ago, KB said:

I hope the best for Geathers but with his injury i dont see him coming back. If he does then either he wont be as explosive of a tackler or he will be injured again shortly. Howell is a recent example of this. Its one of those plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I would take Ward on a front loaded two year deal so he can be easily cut next year. Fairly has made some plays in the preseason and I (just my opinion) like the way Lee Hightower has played so the colts brass might be ok with what we have at SS.

Yeah, it's hard to tell if Geathers will be back or if he'll play at 100% again. If the worst happens, Ward could be a stopgap. I would only want him on a short deal. I'd prefer to play younger plays(like Farley) who have potential and can grow and develop then find a replacement if the need arises.

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Pretty sure Ward's current deal has him making 4.5 million.... doesn't sound too hefty to me. According to over the cap Hooker will make ~3.1 million. So fair $ for a pro bowl vet (if healthy). IMO.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Lets not pretend that Geathers is an all pro.  He is a decent young player with a reasonable college resume.  In the big scheme of things, he's easily replaceable.

Somewhat disagree.  Geathers had a little pop in his tackles.  I don't quite see that in High tower or Farley.  I don't think "easily replaceable" is the correct term.  We have other options, but Geathers could chop some wood.  :P

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Somewhat disagree.  Geathers had a little pop in his tackles.  I don't quite see that in High tower or Farley.  I don't think "easily replaceable" is the correct term.  We have other options, but Geathers could chop some wood.  :P

Its not so much what was said in this thread, but what has been smattered throughout the forum.  I think people started to love his play more after they realized he might not be available.  Revisionist observation, so to speak.  Just my observation.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its not so much what was said in this thread, but what has been smattered throughout the forum.  I think people started to love his play more after they realized he might not be available.  Revisionist observation, so to speak.  Just my observation.

Hmm...I may fit that category, lol.

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Our D was ranked around 30th in most stats. I agree, he was among the best, of the worst, in the NFL. Not to say he had not shown ability, but how much ability translated into game changing stops on D? Not enough apparently, according to the teams record.

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ah, I don't know. Did he have All-Pro potential? Probably not, but he's a guy that has/had the talent to already hold his starting spot for years, and we didn't know his ceiling yet.

For a defense like ours, a young guy whose floor was a solid starter could be a pretty big loss.