Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKnight24

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

1 minute ago, OHColtfan said:

Thought Hunt played pretty well this preseason and he has some added ST value blocking kicks. IMO he makes it.

My thoughts too

6 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Something just tells me this team is going to have a train wreck season.

Positivity, it looks better on you!  Try it for a day I promise it is great.

8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Hope you dont get hurt falling off the Bandwagon

15 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Still going to be a Colts fan

On 8/29/2017 at 3:42 PM, King Colt said:

It does not matter who gets cut. Fans pay to watch their team so as long as they all dress alike who cares who makes the cut? Plus it's a money saver.

What was the point of this?  Of course it matters.  It matters to the players and the people in their lives.  It matters to any fans that have personal connections to certain players.

There are some local guys currently on the team that some fans probably know personally or at least went to school with them, or maybe their children went to school with the player.  I was always rooting for local guy Joe Reitz to make the team, and I've been rooting for local guy Jack Doyle the last few years as well.  I like it when guys from IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, Ball State, etc. make the team.  Call me a homer if you want.

Some fans want certain players to be kept because that's their preference.  Maybe you don't care because it doesn't matter to you, but others do care because it does matter to them.  Please be mindful and respectful of that.

:hat:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What was the point of this?  Of course it matters.  It matters to the players and the people in their lives.  It matters to any fans that have personal connections to certain players.

There are some local guys currently on the team that some fans probably know personally or at least went to school with them, or maybe their children went to school with the player.  I was always rooting for local guy Joe Reitz to make the team, and I've been rooting for local guy Jack Doyle the last few years as well.  I like it when guys from IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, Ball State, etc. make the team.  Call me a homer if you want.

Some fans want certain players to be kept because that's their preference.  Maybe you don't care because it doesn't matter to you, but others do care because it does matter to them.  Please be mindful and respectful of that.

You should earn the difference between the comics section and the sport section in the newspapers. One is humor and the other is not. Switch to boxers as you whiteys are too tight.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I will be looking at the Jags and Dolphins cuts for that reason

On 8/30/2017 at 10:25 AM, Shafty138 said:

lol, Where's Griff at these days?

Someone signed him IIRC. Can't remember who it was though. 

39 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hope you dont get hurt falling off the Bandwagon

I'm not saying that I'm not still a fan of the team we just don't look like a team that is going to compete this season.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya but doesn't sound like this team is gonna be good this year.

Doesn't matter to me same way I am a Princeton Tiger fan for life

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You should earn the difference between the comics section and the sport section in the newspapers. One is humor and the other is not. Switch to boxers as you whiteys are too tight.

What?  We're literally in the "sports" section of the internet...  :scratch:  so how was I supposed to know that this:

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It does not matter who gets cut. Fans pay to watch their team so as long as they all dress alike who cares who makes the cut? Plus it's a money saver.

was supposed to be funny?  :pokerface: 

Sorry for jumping down your throat, I didn't realize you were joking.  Next time, maybe try adding an emoji or a smiley face or a "haha" or something.  That would have helped avoid confusion.  Hope that helps.  :shake:

25 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Doesn't matter to me same way I am a Princeton Tiger fan for life

I'm with you.  I'm a Colts fan and a Buckeye.  I love to see them do great, but I also just love to watch my teams play, good or bad.  

Things could be worse, in an alternate universe I'd be a Browns and Hoosiers fan.  Man, that would suck...

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Things could be worse, in an alternate universe I'd be a Browns and Hoosiers fan.  Man, that would suck...

HAHA, my cousins' husband is a Browns fan that went to IU!

:lol:

I would pay attention to some of these statements from Holder about Cory White. I think they are going to make room for him. He can play nickel back pretty well from what I've heard from Saints fans. He can also play safety. Ive seen other reporters make comments about us possibly releasing Butler. Its not that outlandish to me because of Hooker and Farley. White has really good size and speed along with a nose for the football. Hes also a willing tackler. I also feel like the coaches are going to make way for Culliver Green and Melvin. If they make a move on Butler then that opens things up to put White and Green as the back up safties while keeping Melvin and Culliver in rotation with Wilson, Davis, and Hairston. I'm not panning for Butler to get cut but I wont say its out of the question due to age and other stuff.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I would pay attention to some of these statements from Holder about Cory White. I think they are going to make room for him. He can play nickel back pretty well from what I've heard from Saints fans. He can also play safety. Ive seen other reporters make comments about us possibly releasing Butler. Its not that outlandish to me because of Hooker and Farley. White has really good size and speed along with a nose for the football. Hes also a willing tackler. I also feel like the coaches are going to make way for Culliver Green and Melvin. If they make a move on Butler then that opens things up to put White and Green as the back up safties while keeping Melvin and Culliver in rotation with Wilson, Davis, and Hairston. I'm not panning for Butler to get cut but I wont say its out of the question due to age and other stuff.

Very interesting 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I could definitely see that scenario, and while I like Dbutts...... I could get behind those moves pretty easily

It's a shame about Culliver's injury. Before I thought he'd make the cut, now not so sure. Even if it's not serious, the biggest key for our DB's right now is availability and he's already had an injury history.

I think White makes the team. I liked his tackling especially. He's not great but he's passable. 

I think Butler stays on the roster too. We've got Hooker, Farley, and I guess White also can play safety. I don't know though, I just don't see Butler being cut.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

It's a shame about Culliver's injury. Before I thought he'd make the cut, now not so much. Even if it's not serious, the biggest key for our DB's right now is availability and he's already had an injury history.

I think White makes the team, I liked his tackling especially. He's not great but he's passable. 

I think Butler stays on the roster too. We've got Hooker, Farley, and that one other new guy and that's it for healthy safeties. We're just so think in the defensive backfield and his versatility is pretty big, although all sings point to them keeping him at safety.

I thought the same thing about Culliver

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

HAHA, my cousins' husband is a Browns fan that went to IU!

:lol:

Give him my sympathies.  

4 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

What do y'all think is the chances of us keeping margus hunt?

He didn't play in the last preseason game so I think his roster spot is locked in. Either David Parry or TY McGill are going to be cut.

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

He didn't play in the last preseason game so I think his roster spot is locked in. Either David Parry or TY McGill are going to be cut.

He didn't play last night?  I guess i was remembering the Pitt game?  I thought I saw him on ST's?

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

If that happens, someone will pick them up as a rotational guy. 

2 hours ago, krunk said:

This may very well happen. We're all fans of Butler, but much depends on where Ballard wants to go with the team. If he's found younger players that he can develop, he'll most likely continue forward with the youth movement.