Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Christian McCaffrey possibly going in top 10?

I don't mind it. Let one of Lattimore, Hooker, Adams, Thomas, Allen fall to us. Let 3 QBs and 3 RBs go before us. Maybe 2 WRs too.

1. Cleveland (1-15) Myles Garrett

2. San Francisco (2-14) Deshaun Watson

3. Chicago (3-13) Jonathan Allen

4. Jacksonville (3-13) Leonard Fournette

5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12) Mike Williams

6. New York Jets (5-11) Deshaun Kizer

7. San Diego (5-11) Malik Hooker

8. Carolina (6-10) Christina McCaffrey

9. Cincinnati (6-9-1) Cam Robinson

10. Buffalo(7-9) Corey Davis

11. New Orleans (7-9) Marshon Lattimore

12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9) Mitchell Trubiski

13. Arizona (7-8-1) Patrick Mahomes

14. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8) Dalvin Cook

15. Indianapolis (8-8) - >> Thomas or Adams ???

Just now, LJpalmbeacher said:

I thought this Forum didn't like RB's taken early. Usually not till Day 3, let alone in Top 10 of the 1st round!

I wonder what makes this guy so popular on this forum? Lol

The fact that if it happens it would push great defensive talent to us.

11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I thought this Forum didn't like RB's taken early. Usually not till Day 3, let alone in Top 10 of the 1st round!

Well people who think RBs shouldnt be taken early just dont know what theyre talking about.

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

We don't have a top 10 pick so it doesn't pertain to the Colts. That said, he is easy to like. He is an electric runner, he breaks and slips tackles. He has soft hands and can really adjust to make a catch. Rare skillset.

56 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Not that we don't want running backs drafted in the first round. Just not by the colts.

58 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

what does the thread have anything to do with McCaffrey's popularity on the forum? 

We have no clue on what Ballard is going to do. We may think we need to take a certain position but that don't effect Ballard one bit. Not that it makes any difference Ballard has exactly zero drafts under his belt.

He may take a RB with the first round who knows?

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I don't mind it. Let one of Lattimore, Hooker, Adams, Thomas, Allen fall to us. Let 3 QBs and 3 RBs go before us. Maybe 2 WRs too.

1. Cleveland (1-15) Myles Garrett

2. San Francisco (2-14) Deshaun Watson

3. Chicago (3-13) Jonathan Allen

4. Jacksonville (3-13) Leonard Fournette

5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12) Mike Williams

6. New York Jets (5-11) Deshaun Kizer

7. San Diego (5-11) Malik Hooker

8. Carolina (6-10) Christina McCaffrey

9. Cincinnati (6-9-1) Cam Robinson

10. Buffalo(7-9) Corey Davis

11. New Orleans (7-9) Marshon Lattimore

12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9) Mitchell Trubiski

13. Arizona (7-8-1) Patrick Mahomes

14. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8) Dalvin Cook

15. Indianapolis (8-8) - >> Thomas or Adams ???

Keep dreaming.  As much chance as that happening as Carolina taking that girl.

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

Well people who think RBs shouldnt be taken early just dont know what theyre talking about.

They don't really give you that much value.  A 3rd or 4th round RB behind a good offensive line can make your running game.  You don't have to spend a first round pick on a guy who will likely only have 5 or 6 good years in him because of the nature of the position.

I don't think any of those teams in the top 10 need a back like Mccafrey in the first round.  I think Fournette would be more like Carolinas style.   Everybody else up there has a good back, or likely interest in another area.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you have a hard time understanding sarcasm even with the lol added.

aw how passive-aggressively patronizing of you. :)

to your comment though, no not even slightly.  some people do have a hard time delivering sarcasm though, especially on the internet...and some people just don't understand it at all. 

37 minutes ago, J@son said:

aw how passive-aggressively patronizing of you. :)

to your comment though, no not even slightly.  some people do have a hard time delivering sarcasm though, especially on the internet...and some people just don't understand it at all. 

I think adding the lol made it pretty clear. To me anyway.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, I just thought it was apparent.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I think adding the lol made it pretty clear. To me anyway.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, I just thought it was apparent.

you didn't ruffle my feathers.  and I didn't think it was a sarcastic comment, but rather a patronizing one

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

This forum loves straight,cisgendered white privileged males......

I think 2 QBs and 2 RBs will go before Colts pick... If so, we are back in the beating business...Foster, Barnett, Solomon, Hooker... Cincinnati and Saints...those two selections will be the final hurdles...Bengals need to draft WR.  Saints need to go CB/S/WR...or back-up QB.

12 hours ago, FalseStart said:

I think 2 QBs and 2 RBs will go before Colts pick... If so, we are back in the beating business...Foster, Barnett, Solomon, Hooker... Cincinnati and Saints...those two selections will be the final hurdles...Bengals need to draft WR.  Saints need to go CB/S/WR...or back-up QB.

Ooh, that would be a great Vegas prop bet.  At first I thought - no way.  But after thinking about it, it's maybe 50-50.  But if I were forced to make a bet, I'd say No.

16 hours ago, FalseStart said:

LOL at this wishful thinking. :) 

Polian used to value production over potential but that could also be because we were picking at the end of round 1 constantly and it was a safer way to go then. If I had both Reuben Foster and Haason Reddick, production says Foster, potential says Reddick. That is why the GMs are paid to predict and the draft is an inexact science.

I am guessing no more than 1 QB and 1 RB goes before the Colts pick for a worst case scenario, we will see.

22 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

haha 

As opposed to all the trans women of color that litter the NFL? 

Lots of self identifying non binary gender transqueer people of color in the NFL.  Just not talked about.