Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle Let's go!!!

Rally5

How refreshing is it to see a TE who runs good routes with reliable hands who can also block!  The hit he took in the back and kept going reminded me immediately of Mark Bavarro, farmer tan and all!!!  I hope we keep working him into the gameplan, really nice complement to the outside speed we have.

Unrelated....The penalties are killing me man! 131 yrds?

Glad to win!

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

A nice pickup by Grigson. I think he was a free agent. He reminds me a little bit of Dallas Clark.   Makes a lot of clutch catches and he's tough.

Yeah, udfa signed by Tennessee but they cut him to get to 53, colts claimed him off waivers

His blocking is only ok. But that's ok because his receiving is tremendous. He needs to be a major part of every gameplan going forward. He's fluid in his movements and routes. Much more dynamic than Allen in this area.  So if you ask me, to hell with asking Doyle to block. He needs to be out running routes at all times. I trust that man to get open and go get it when we need it. 

Our best TE now. He can do what Fleener did much better than him and has much better hands than him. Solid all around day with 9 catches and a td. He did that as the no1 TE as well. Definitely proving his worth. When Moncrief comes back, this offense should be in much better hands with Doyle showing what he can do.

4 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Doyle had a good game, but he missed a key block that cost us the game against Texans but for a back up he is pretty good, almost made me think about saving Allen's 9m per tbh lol 

I think he's performing at a higher level than a back-up. 

300 yards and 4 TD's through 7 games are very solid numbers.

4 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Doyle had a good game, but he missed a key block that cost us the game against Texans but for a back up he is pretty good, almost made me think about saving Allen's 9m per tbh lol 

He missed two key blocks in the Texans game. Crucial ones. But that's coaching. Screw max protect. Put that man out there running routes. If it's 3rd and crucial I trust him over any tight end currently on the roster or that 1 down in New Orleans to get the job done.  He may be a backup in title but his receiving game screams starter. I sure as hell wouldn't play Allen over him if it's a passing play. 

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

Did anyone notice he did the Gronk spike in the endzone? I knew it, he IS Gronk!

Lol. Yeah I noticed. He's not quite Gronk though. But who is???  But I trust him to get the job done over every tight end on the roster and a few of our wideouts too. 

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

He missed two key blocks in the Texans game. Crucial ones. But that's coaching. Screw max protect. Put that man out there running routes. If it's 3rd and crucial I trust him over any tight end currently on the roster or that 1 down in New Orleans to get the job done.  He may be a backup in title but his receiving game screams starter. I sure as hell wouldn't play Allen over him if it's a passing play. 

That's coaching? So it's the coaches fault he cant block? Brilliant .

1 hour ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Let's re-sign Dwayne Allen to a 4 year 29 million dollar contract, so he can sit on the bench, drop the ball and continue to disappoint.

Jack Doyle is more deserving of that contract.

Till Doyle starts throwing better blocks he does not deserve a contract like Allen has. Allen don't deserve his contract INO.

A tight ends blocking skill important? In 2016?

Jack Doyle does what he's asked to do in the receiving game, and has started to become a mismatch over the middle. You can't ask for more from a guy who was picked up after being a preseason cut.

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's coaching's fault when you use your best receiving tight end, who isn't a great pass blocker, to pass block on max protect plays where you only have 2 receivers out in the pattern. Our success rate on those max protect plays is putrid. You notice they didn't do that crap against Tennessee and Doyle went off right?   So yeah that's poor coaching. Just like putting Ferguson on the field the first 5 weeks was poor coaching.... Brilliant indeed. 

Oh oh yeah the fact that Ferguson CAN'T pass protect but they kept putting him out there to do said job.... Is that just Ferguson's fault he can't block or is it the coaches fault for putting him in that position and not utilizing him correctly?  In regards to Ferguson, he's best utilized on special teams or the bench. Anything else is poor coaching. 

4 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

It's coaching's fault when you use your best receiving tight end, who isn't a great pass blocker, to pass block on max protect plays where you only have 2 receivers out in the pattern. Our success rate on those max protect plays is putrid. You notice they didn't do that crap against Tennessee and Doyle went off right?   So yeah that's poor coaching. Just like putting Ferguson on the field the first 5 weeks was poor coaching.... Brilliant indeed. 

Oh oh yeah the fact that Ferguson CAN'T pass protect but they kept putting him out there to do said job.... Is that just Ferguson's fault he can't block or is it the coaches fault for putting him in that position and not utilizing him correctly?  In regards to Ferguson, he's best utilized on special teams or the bench. Anything else is poor coaching. 

It was against Tennessee as you say. They didn't have the same defense as what was faced with other teams.

You act like we can only use one player at a position the whole game.

By your reasoning with Ferguson, Gore needs to play every offensive play in the game.

OK.

2 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

All he has to do now is start playing with no gloves and we have another Dallas Clark on our hands. Ppl keep saying Ken Dilger but unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to see him play. So far Doyle have shown, he's the one that deserves Allen's contract.

He catches just fine with the gloves. Matter of fact he has one of the top catching percentages in the league.

I don't know if people are joking or not, but Doyle (and Allen as of his performance to date) does not deserve an "Allen" type contract.  Doyle needs to work on his blocking.  For him to get that kind of money just catching passes means he'd need to be in the 2012 model of a Jimmy Graham type TE/receiver.  Still though, he's having a very good year.

Swoope shows excellent pass receiving skills as well, especially considering his lack of football experience.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yet another *ic, critical response to an opinion from a thing that calls himself "Crazy". You see if you simply offer up an observation or opinion Crazy Boy has no substance so it jumps nasty with belligerent, unfounded comments attempting to sound smart. Smart not, Crazy yes

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Yet another *ic, critical response to an opinion from a thing that calls himself "Crazy". You see if you simply offer up an observation or opinion Crazy Boy has no substance so it jumps nasty with belligerent, unfounded comments attempting to sound smart. Smart not, Crazy yes

I am sorry to inform you that all the Colts problems do not fall onto the coaches.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

It was against Tennessee as you say. They didn't have the same defense as what was faced with other teams.

You act like we can only use one player at a position the whole game.

By your reasoning with Ferguson, Gore needs to play every offensive play in the game.

OK.

Another senseless criticism by Crazy Boy for a contributor offering an opinion.

16 hours ago, Rally5 said:

How refreshing is it to see a TE who runs good routes with reliable hands who can also block!  The hit he took in the back and kept going reminded me immediately of Mark Bavarro, farmer tan and all!!!  I hope we keep working him into the gameplan, really nice complement to the outside speed we have.

Unrelated....The penalties are killing me man! 131 yrds?

Glad to win!

I was psyched as I added him to 8 of my fantasy teams this week and he delivered, especially when you add in PPR!  

3 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

All he has to do now is start playing with no gloves and we have another Dallas Clark on our hands. Ppl keep saying Ken Dilger but unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to see him play. So far Doyle have shown, he's the one that deserves Allen's contract.

Pump the brakes a little.  The main reason he's done so well is that teams haven't taken him seriously.  Watch what happens against KC and others now that he's fully on their radar.  Most people thought he was a one trick pony with his big 2 TD game earlier this season.  We're fortunate to have him and we know him much better than other teams do.  But they'll know him now.  (Plus, be fair, TN is a bad, bad team).  

18 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He reminds me a lot of Ken Dilger

Said the exact same thing to my wife. They both have/had falling forward for those extra 3 yards down to a science! A gamer for sure. And should get even better with more playing time. Swoope looked really good also, not so much like the project he started out as IMO. 

4 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

He's playing extremely well.  Him and Luck are developing good chemistry.  He's going to get paid next year.  I hope the Colts can keep him.  That pass late in the 4th qtr that he caught where the pass got deflected and he still got yards after contact was nuts.  His TD was nice too!

797Colts Titans Football.JPEG

And he's clutch....Pay the Man!

6 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Pump the brakes a little.  The main reason he's done so well is that teams haven't taken him seriously.  Watch what happens against KC and others now that he's fully on their radar.  Most people thought he was a one trick pony with his big 2 TD game earlier this season.  We're fortunate to have him and we know him much better than other teams do.  But they'll know him now.  (Plus, be fair, TN is a bad, bad team).  

Just opens up the field for others, can't double everyone and he'll make safeties play honest and not cheat to TY....this is one of the most positive develops of this season to be honest.  This is what people (not me) thought Dorsett would do for the offense.