Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Krafts Classless Remark to Archie after Peyton gets 2nd ring

bayone

New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Makes Classless Quip Regarding The Manning Family

Sportsmanship is important to the game of football. The old platitude goes "its not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game"

Kraft is clearly upset that Tom Brady was the only Super Bowl MVP that was booed at Super Bowl 50. That was awkward. 

But while at the Super Bowl, Kraft says he ran into Archie Manning, and afterwards, capitalized on the opportunity to fire a shot across his bow.

“I happened to see Archie there,” Kraft said. “He has two sons who have won two Super Bowls [each]. But with all due respect, we have one son who's won four.”

Peyton Manning now has two rings. He's been to four Super Bowls. Three of those Super Bowl berths came at the expense of New England. 

Eli Manning also has two rings, and both of them came at the expense of Kraft's Patriots. Methinks someone is still a touch bitter. 

Collectively, the Manning family has been New England's biggest obstacle to total NFL domination. And God bless them for it

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1642132-robert-kraft-makes-classless-manning-quip

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bizarro Superman said:

"We have one son who's won four."

Clouded in subterfuge...you forgot that part Rob.  

Ha, I wondered if after kraft made the remark, if Archie took the opportunity to remind him that their SB wins did not include asterisks...

Then I remembered that's probably not Archie's style...

2 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, I wondered if after kraft made the remark, if Archie took the opportunity to remind him that their SB wins did not include asterisks...

Then I remembered that's probably not Archie's style...

If it wasn't detrimental for the other 31 owners to badmouth the legitimacy of another team's accomplishments, questionably obtained or not, I would bet that it would occur more often.  But, such is the way of business owners - can't undermine your own product.

3 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

My guess is that if this is true...Kraft is jealous of the legitimacy of his "Son's 4 rings" when compared to the Manning's? Though, hey whatever gets you through the night.............

I sincerely doubt Kraft is concerned about that at all.  

They ain't taking his trophies away.

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Then wth is it?

Just speculating here - I have no idea why he said what he did.  All I do know is that it really means less than nothing. 

I just believe he is not jealous of anything nor do I think he feels anything along the lines of remorse over how his teams achieved what they did.  In fact I would hazard a pretty educated guess that he is proud of their accomplishments.

4 minutes ago, Nadine said:

This surprises me.  What's the context of him saying that?  Not nice

But I was also disappointed to hear people boo Tom Brady at the SB. 

Yeah I don't get it. Tom Brady is NOT Robert Krafts kid. He didn't raise him...pick him up when he fell down...reprimand him when he was going astray...spend countless hours worried about their health or well being...just countless other things that a parent does. Brady's accomplishment in relationship to Kraft can not in any form be compared to Archie to his sons. It just isn't measurable and to me it be littles Archie's relationship with his sons and how proud he should be of their accomplishments. Like I said I don't get it either and I'm not going to go after Kraft...going to give him a pass...but disappointed he would say something like that on such a happy day for Archie.

8 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Yep. Context is everything. I don't see what could be gained by Kraft coming out and firing shots for nothing. I was under the impression that both he and Tom are close with the Mannings.

6 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Just speculating here - I have no idea why he said what he did.  All I do know is that it really means less than nothing. 

I just believe he is not jealous of anything nor do I think he feels anything along the lines of remorse over how his teams achieved what they did.  In fact I would hazard a pretty educated guess that he is proud of their accomplishments.

6 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I have no idea if this is true either, so I as well am left to speculate....either way, we have different perspectives and that is ok. 

19 minutes ago, Nadine said:

What did you expect from fans of a team that thinks they were cheated against by him in a SB and fans of a team that beat him two weeks earlier?

2 hours ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

I didn't know that Kraft was Brady's father, that explains a lot. :D

51 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

My guess is that if this is true...Kraft is jealous of the legitimacy of his "Son's 4 rings" when compared to the Manning's? Though, hey whatever gets you through the night.............

26 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I have no idea if this is true either, so I as well am left to speculate....either way, we have different perspectives and that is ok. 

Per CBS story Kraft actually told what he said to  ESPN Boston

Excerpt

Kraft just couldn't resist. He couldn't hold himself back from taking a small shot at the Mannings (Eli and Archie included).

Speaking with WCVB-TV in Boston on Wednesday, 

Even just after Manning beat the Patriots and went on to win the Super Bowl, Kraft couldn't resist hitting the Mannings with a little jab.

"I happened to see Archie [Manning] there," Kraft said, per ESPN. "He has two sons who have won two Super Bowls [each]. But with all due respect, we have one son who has won four."

Now, onto the important question: When did Kraft adopt Brady?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25480673/robert-kraft-cant-resist-taking-a-shot-at-the-mannings-after-super-bowl-50

43 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yep. Context is everything. I don't see what could be gained by Kraft coming out and firing shots for nothing. I was under the impression that both he and Tom are close with the Mannings.

I'm sure they are 'close' with each other, much like Bird & Johnson grew to have a relationship off the court, but like the analogy, there is obviously some animosity as well, the extent of which, as you've noted, is all in context. However, much as the recent examples of behavior exhibited by newton, prior attitudes and behavior sets much of the tone as to how a comment or action, that very well may have just been good natured 'ribbing', is ultimately perceived. In this case, taking into account the pats general attitude towards competition, this just comes off as jealous 'one-upping', and in poor taste/sportsmanship...

The Patriots could'nt deflate or video there way into a win .

The Patriot Organization from top to bottom are Classless if they can't video tape or deflate footballs they scum & belittle the opposing QB & teams Superbowl Win  basicly Kraft wanted attention & looks like a fool for his trouble .

His son ?  What position does his son play ? I'm not aware of a player named Kraft .

It is true, Tom Brady has four Super Bowl rings while Eli and Peyton Manning have four combined. However, Eli's two titles came at the expense of Kraft's Patriots, a point that no doubt slipped his mind.

Another interesting point from the interview was his sorrow in regard to the Patriots having to play the AFC championship game on the road. "I think, if I have any regret, it's that the conference championship wasn't played here in our hometown," he said. "We've won seven division titles in a row, so I am pretty proud that, in my opinion, we have the greatest coach [Bill Belichick] and greatest quarterback of all time."

Yeah we remember how you win at home Patriots No doubt a decade of bending the rules paid off.

2 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

The Patriots could'nt deflate or video there way into a win .

The Patriot Organization from top to bottom are Classless if they can't video tape or deflate footballs they scum & belittle the opposing QB & teams Superbowl Win  basicly Kraft wanted attention & looks like a fool for his trouble .

His son ?  What position does his son play ? I'm not aware of a player named Kraft .

Yeah we remember how you win at home Patriots No doubt a decade of bending the rules paid off.

Ha, it'll be interesting to see how the pats organization treats their 'son' when he hits his eventual drop-off in ability & production...

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

I'm sure they are 'close' with each other, much like Bird & Johnson grew to have a relationship off the court, but like the analogy, there is obviously some animosity as well, the extent of which, as you've noted, is all in context. However, much as the recent examples of behavior exhibited by newton, prior attitudes and behavior sets much of the tone as to how a comment or action, that very well may have just been good natured 'ribbing', is ultimately perceived. In this case, taking into account the pats general attitude towards competition, this just comes off as jealous 'one-upping', and in poor taste/sportsmanship...

I see what you mean. But I'm still gonna wait to hear the full extent of the conversation Kraft was having. I know some won't give him the benefit of the doubt like you said, but I just don't see what he would possibly hope to accomplish by coming out and talking trash, especially after what happened a few weeks ago.

59 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I see what you mean. But I'm still gonna wait to hear the full extent of the conversation Kraft was having. I know some won't give him the benefit of the doubt like you said, but I just don't see what he would possibly hope to accomplish by coming out and talking trash, especially after what happened a few weeks ago.

And I see what you mean. However, many couldn't fathom out how the Pats could have possibly benefited from the filming fiasco. Yet, they did it. There must have been some benefit, obviously.

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

And I see what you mean. However, many couldn't fathom out how the Pats could have possibly benefited from the filming fiasco. Yet, they did it. There must have been some benefit, obviously.

I still also think Tom had the ball boys Deflate some the balls under regulation. That case isn't over yet. I think Tom has to go to court again soon. It would be great if this time they find him guilty. Not only did they not win the SB but he then would have to serve a 4 game suspension next season undoubtedly hurting their chances for HFA. They wont win it without HFA.