Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Krafts Classless Remark to Archie after Peyton gets 2nd ring

bayone

5 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

This maybe?

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.

“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” ­according to O’Leary.

“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”

Taken from this article.....

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/

Good God...I know I shouldn't be shocked, but damn...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TheBlackHand said:

God's work ;)

4:15 in

it's inexpensive and the author has collected all the documented information

use the electronic to link to the quoted information

http://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary-ebook/dp/B008PYP83C/ref=la_B00J4BSORM_1_1_twi_kin_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455561063&sr=1-1

here is a longer video of same interview with some DGate too.

The NFEntertainment is FIXED and continue to try to hide the reality to the public who don't believe it!!

Great u tube stuff Goodell to investigator , burn the tapes right their where u found them -\----\

-----------

2nd radio frequency giving Brady  Instructions right up until snap after 15 second cut off time on the defese to expect etc etc

I'll share some of the authors work on ch7

“Also from Chapter 1, in the interview with Armen Keteyian, Bill Belichick admitted that Ernie Adams looked at the tapes and “if there was anything there he could use, he would use them.” Logically and realistically, the only way for a research assistant to “use” the tapes is to call plays. 2 There is no other purpose in acquiring stolen defensive or offensive signals.

It is certain that the Patriots had the signals and a genius decoder. The issue remained of how Adams could get the counter play called in to the quarterback or defensive captain in a 

“very short time window. This significant problem took brains, a healthy dose of hubris, and a serious commitment to cheating.

When the story originally erupted at the Jets game, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported that the NFL had caught the Patriots using an alternate radio frequency in violation of NFL rules. 3

Every NFL quarterback’s helmet has a one-way radio with an ear speaker so the offensive coordinator can speak directly into the quarterback’s helmet. The offensive coordinator tells the quarterback the play that he wants the offense to run. An NFL quarterback’s helmet will normally have a green dot sticker on the back of it. This green dot signifies that the helmet is wired for sound; they communicate on only one frequency. What most fans don’t know is that this broadcasting of information from the team to the quarterback is automatically cut off with fifteen seconds left on the play clock, by NFL rule. That leaves the quarterback alone with his thoughts to figure out what he is seeing from the defense. He then quickly must decide whether he should run the play just called in to his helmet, or call a 

“different play that might have a better chance of success. If a different play is chosen, this new play is shouted out to his teammates using code words and is normally referred to as an audible.

We have learned from Belichick that the Patriots started using stolen defensive signs from the first game of the Ernie Adams/Bill Belichick era, at the Tampa Bay Bucs game in 2000. We also know the Patriots lost this game, much to Charlie Weis’ surprise. At first, you might be tempted to guess the Patriots must not have been a very good team if they failed to take advantage of their knowledge of the defenses they were about to face on almost every play. The difficult limitation that New England coaches Weis, Adams, and Belichick no doubt encountered was the small window of time in which to react, once the defense was revealed.

To explain: the defensive coach signals the defensive alignment in to the captain about the same time that New England’s offense is in the huddle. The Patriots’ decoder (Adams) had to figure out which defense was called, and then choose a play that would work well against that defense. Adams would then relay that play from the booth to the offensive coordinator on the sidelines, who would then call that play in to Tom Brady’s helmet. Brady would then tell his teammates in the huddle, and somehow all of this had to be done in less than twenty seconds.

The total play clock is forty seconds from the end of the previous play. Remember, the quarterback’s helmet speaker goes silent at fifteen seconds to snap. There needs to be a little time to get the players together in the huddle, and with substitutions running in and out, this window is extremely tight.

One way to gain more time was to opt for a no-huddle set, which Matt Walsh stated the Patriots would do. 4 This non-action would eliminate the pretense of calling a play in the huddle, and it would have your players set and ready for the audible. However, a team running no huddle for the whole game would probably look very suspicious.”

“At some point during the 2001 season, the Patriots solved the issue of “not enough time” by adding a second radio broadcast on a different frequency. That way they could keep speaking to the quarterback’s helmet after the traditional fifteen-second cutoff. With the proper technology, it would be very simple to achieve and nearly impossible for the NFL to detect.

Anyone can broadcast on thousands of frequencies on any number of commonly available devices. Consider a baby monitor and you get the picture. A one-way communications system is all that the team needed. This second radio frequency would then allow the coaches to continue to speak with Tom Brady after the fifteen second cutoff, right up until the snap, problem solved. In theory they could also speak to Brady while the play was developing, and warn him of blitzes coming from the blind side. Brady is rarely sacked.

The effectiveness of the system would be increased exponentially. The Patriots had no worries of being caught; the NFL would only monitor the official NFL frequency that was in use. Additionally, it was impossible for the NFL to listen in on any other communications coming in to Tom Brady’s helmet, due to the one-way nature of the communications setup. This means that the system talks; it does not listen. Quarterbacks do not speak to the coaches.

When Roger Goodell was making proposals in the wake of this scandal, he proposed that NFL security should be able to spot check coaching boxes and in-game communication systems and headsets. It was this secret second frequency Goodell was looking to eradicate. 6

The following story has been circulating for years. Famed college and Canadian quarterback Doug Flutie was a backup quarterback for the New England Patriots during the 2005 season. Doug Flutie reportedly told John Saunders, a Canadian/American ESPN television analyst, that during one of his first games in New England, he accidentally picked up the wrong helmet with the green dot on the back (Tom Brady’s backup helmet) and held it to his ear, so he could follow the play calling. This is something backup quarterbacks do often during a game.

Flutie told Saunders that he was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the fifteen-second cutoff, right up until the snap. In addition, the voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face. This story was revealed by Dan Le Batard, an ESPN contributor, on his talk radio show on The Ticket in Miami, Florida. Le Batard added, “We’ve tried to talk to Flutie on our radio show about it, but he hangs up on my producer.” 7 This story has been circulating for years and Doug Flutie has yet to deny the story. He could simply take an interview and take back his words, but he allows the anecdote to remain unrefuted.

It was this extra radio frequency that made the Spygate system so effective. The extra radio communications even traveled with the team on the road to away games. We know this because it was discovered in use at the Jets vs. Patriots game, when the Spygate scandal story originally broke in 2007. 3 This important storyline was buried by the media faster than the Navy Seals buried Osama bin Laden. Why the media assisted the NFL and its owners in this cover-up is anyone’s guess.

When NFL fans and Patriots followers discover how much time, effort, personnel, and technology the New England Patriots devoted to their Spygate cheating apparatus, they will begin to finally appreciate the gravity of what the Patriots actually did on game day, every game. Additionally, this organized skullduggery was designed to be shamelessly contrary to the rules of fair play. This was not an “everybody does it” kind of action. The Patriots entered their Spygate endeavor with a “whatever it takes to win” mindset—essentially the opposite of sportsmanship.

With the new improvement providing additional time to their system, the Patriots possessed an unparalleled weapon on the battle/playing field. The results simply speak for themselves.”

Excerpt From: O'Leary, Bryan. “Spygate The Untold Story.” KLR Publishing. iBooks."

No one should give a $%^& what any owner says. All owners are none of my concern. I have nothing but admiration for Brady and if he was a Colt we would all be wearing his 12 on our shirts. Brady will most likely add to his collection before he is done. If anyone has a problem with my praise of Brady ask Peyton his thoughts on Brady. As far as Kraft goes we do eat the mac n cheese.

Robert Kraft has nothing to do with Mac n Cheese by Kraft Foods

he inherited his money from His wife's side and built up a paper conglomerate.   Swindled his way into owning the Pats then tried to extort and threaten to move the team......he's the usual crap unscrupulous owner like them all

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

No one should give a $%^& what any owner says. All owners are none of my concern. I have nothing but admiration for Brady and if he was a Colt we would all be wearing his 12 on our shirts. Brady will most likely add to his collection before he is done. If anyone has a problem with my praise of Brady ask Peyton his thoughts on Brady. As far as Kraft goes we do eat the mac n cheese.

No cigar. Kraft has made his money starting as the chairman of his father in laws company. He has zero to do with Kraft foods.

On 2/12/2016 at 5:14 PM, jskinnz said:

Just speculating here - I have no idea why he said what he did.  All I do know is that it really means less than nothing. 

I just believe he is not jealous of anything nor do I think he feels anything along the lines of remorse over how his teams achieved what they did.  In fact I would hazard a pretty educated guess that he is proud of their accomplishments.

He 's bitter after all the flak last year &  tommy boy booed , I'm sure he is proud of his accomplishments . However they are accomplished .

After all the garbage of deflate- gate loss of draft pick & bradys suspension , With all the defending for cheating there SB was tainted like others hes lashing out at the Manning family trying to diminish the families accomplishments .

Someone just needs a hug ..

20 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

He 's bitter after all the flak last year &  tommy boy booed , I'm sure he is proud of his accomplishments . However they are accomplished .

After all the garbage of deflate- gate loss of draft pick & bradys suspension , With all the defending for cheating there SB was tainted like others hes lashing out at the Manning family trying to diminish the families accomplishments .

typical egotistical hubris from Kraft,  but know half of the fanbase despises him, and it's more of the fans who were actually around before 2000

16 hours ago, King Colt said:

Maybe if youre a 4 year old kid...

Most people grow up & eat real food...

If the roles were reversed we might hate manning. But the reason he is disliked is because of his participation in the cheating.  

Personally I dislike Brady's attitude in the field and would not like our QB to act like he does.   Also,  we do wear 12 on our shirts lol.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:34 PM, TheBlackHand said:

Robert Kraft has nothing to do with Mac n Cheese by Kraft Foods

he inherited his money from His wife's side and built up a paper conglomerate.   Swindled his way into owning the Pats then tried to extort and threaten to move the team......he's the usual crap unscrupulous owner like them all

I never said Bob Kraft was tied to mac n cheese it was a joke.

If I was Kraft and some blew smoke about the Manning's success in SBs I would have aid the same thing. Brady is better and while Peyton's ship is sailing Brady's career is full steam ahead, Injuries don't discriminate so Manning is out and Brady and Breese are in (Breese said he want to ply until he is 50). Much like the owner of the Colts Kraft is a jerk but his trophy shelf is pretty impressive. 

On February 15, 2016 at 1:05 PM, bayone said:

Great u tube stuff Goodell to investigator , burn the tapes right their where u found them -\----\

-----------

2nd radio frequency giving Brady  Instructions right up until snap after 15 second cut off time on the defese to expect etc etc

Why are there no Pat fans jumping all over this ? Where's the Virdumant (or whatever his name is) insisting that all those tapes were shown before they were destroyed ? Not one peep from any of them and you know they are all over threads like this 

28 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Why are there no Pat fans jumping all over this ? Where's the Virdumant (or whatever his name is) insisting that all those tapes were shown before they were destroyed ? Not one peep from any of them and you know they are all over threads like this 

To me, the deflategate was a case of "George Bush Jr. going after Saddam Hussein because his Dad did not get it right the first time" to me. The true issue was the original 3 SBs earned and the Spygate allegations around them that bought Belichick and Brady all that equity. It is unprecedented in the salary cap era and probably will never happen again, 3 SBs in 4 years.

The coaches will go to their grave with what happened during the Spygate years, and Goodell wanted to give the make up call like the refs do in games with Deflategate, for the owners' sake. He was too fledgling of an owner trying to protect the league's reputation when he destroyed the Spygate tapes but once the owners had enough of the Patriots pushing the envelope 10 years later, he went on the deflategate witch hunt as a make up call, IMO. Fortunately for the Patriots, they won both occasions because Goodell messed up for them and against them in those 2 occasions.

29 minutes ago, dw49 said:

maybe they haven't heard this , havens bothered to listen to it all, or just cant defend this at all

even with misquotes they may give-- only speaking about trolls not good ones though arent many but there are some quite nice ones, I like Yehoodi, 

Maybe they just ran out of smirking remarks

35 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Patriots fans aren't jumping all over this because it's old, old news. The book came out when....2012? The fact that many here weren't even aware of it's existence is very telling of how 'seriously' this book was taken. 

It's a self published book written by a Pittsburgh Steelers fan that basically tells the story we already know, and then goes on to become a collection of unsupported allegations and...well....rumors and opinion. It's mostly conjecture and reads mostly as a big unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

3 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Patriots fans aren't jumping all over this because it's old, old news. The book came out when....2012? The fact that many here weren't even aware of it's existence is very telling of how 'seriously' this book was taken. 

It's a self published book written by a Pittsburgh Steelers fan that basically tells the story we already know, and then goes on to become a collection of unsupported allegations and...well....rumors and opinion. It's mostly conjecture and reads mostly as a big unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

reasonable answer . I never saw it...

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

To me, the deflategate was a case of "George Bush Jr. going after Saddam Hussein because his Dad did not get it right the first time" to me. The true issue was the original 3 SBs earned and the Spygate allegations around them that bought Belichick and Brady all that equity. It is unprecedented in the salary cap era and probably will never happen again, 3 SBs in 4 years.

The coaches will go to their grave with what happened during the Spygate years, and Goodell wanted to give the make up call like the refs do in games with Deflategate, for the owners' sake. He was too fledgling of an owner trying to protect the league's reputation when he destroyed the Spygate tapes but once the owners had enough of the Patriots pushing the envelope 10 years later, he went on the deflategate witch hunt as a make up call, IMO. Fortunately for the Patriots, they won both occasions because Goodell messed up for them and against them in those 2 occasions.

I guess if it was as you think , someday someone will spill the beans. 

5 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Wait,  so it's not going to be a made for TV movie?

On 2/12/2016 at 3:31 PM, Coltsfan1953 said:

I didn't know that Kraft was Brady's father, that explains a lot. :D

Dang, you beat me to it.. kudos... 

Kraft has ALWAYS been a classless #$%#!  Why he is so "revered" is beyond me.  He's got a team that is happy to cheat at all opportunities to gain an unfair advantage.  I think he's the only current owner who had an active murderer on his team (though I guess there's that issue from Baltimore but I digress), even after massive warning signs.  They draft thugs. hire thugs, and act like cheating thugs.  Like "father" like Son I guess Mr. Kraft-daddy.  

13 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Kraft has ALWAYS been a classless #$%#!  Why he is so "revered" is beyond me.  He's got a team that is happy to cheat at all opportunities to gain an unfair advantage.  I think he's the only current owner who had an active murderer on his team (though I guess there's that issue from Baltimore but I digress), even after massive warning signs.  They draft thugs. hire thugs, and act like cheating thugs.  Like "father" like Son I guess Mr. Kraft-daddy.  

I'd love for you to list all the instances that show Robert Kraft has 'always' been classless. He's done a lot of good for this league, that is why he is 'revered'. You hate the Patriots and that's fine...and oh boo hoo he made a playful little jab at a rival...when did we all get so sensitive? Colts fans should not be criticizing the owner of ANY team, there's an old saying about people in glass houses...

And I always love how people try to use Aaron Hernandez as some kind of representation of the franchise...like saying "They draft thugs and employ murderers'. That's nonsense. It was an isolated situation and in no way represents the New England Patriots. Do we blame the Buffalo Bills for what LeSean McCoy did recently? Did we blame the Chiefs and use Jovan Belcher's murder/suicide as some indication of how Kansas City does business? Heck, even Marvin Harrison was tied to murder a few years back...and as far as I remember, nobody was blaming the Colts for being 'bad people' because one of their players had some issues. No. Players can be stupid, and quite frankly, we don't know a thing about them even though we all pretend to. 

On 2/12/2016 at 3:22 PM, bayone said:

New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Makes Classless Quip Regarding The Manning Family

Sportsmanship is important to the game of football. The old platitude goes "its not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game"

Kraft is clearly upset that Tom Brady was the only Super Bowl MVP that was booed at Super Bowl 50. That was awkward. 

But while at the Super Bowl, Kraft says he ran into Archie Manning, and afterwards, capitalized on the opportunity to fire a shot across his bow.

“I happened to see Archie there,” Kraft said. “He has two sons who have won two Super Bowls [each]. But with all due respect, we have one son who's won four.”

Peyton Manning now has two rings. He's been to four Super Bowls. Three of those Super Bowl berths came at the expense of New England. 

Eli Manning also has two rings, and both of them came at the expense of Kraft's Patriots. Methinks someone is still a touch bitter. 

Collectively, the Manning family has been New England's biggest obstacle to total NFL domination. And God bless them for it

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1642132-robert-kraft-makes-classless-manning-quip

Not sure why he had to "one up" Archie.  Ick!

On 2/16/2016 at 9:57 AM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Or a cookie....

19 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

But yet 99% of your fanbase doesn't seem to think Manning's incident is old news?? When his case has been settled out of court and has been over with for 20 years. Your fanbase in general thinks Manning is a rapist and his incident is new news. It isn't, I have read nothing new I didn't know 20 years ago.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But yet 99% of your fanbase doesn't seem to think Manning's incident is old news?? When his case has been settled out of court and has been over with for 20 years. Your fanbase in general thinks Manning is a rapist and his incident is new news. It isn't, I have read nothing new I didn't know 20 years ago.

Which is exactly why YOU aren't jumping all over it. It's the same thing in terms of how we are reacting to each.

I responded in this thread because someone thought all this new information about Spygate was coming out and that Patriots fans were 'hiding from it' when ordinarily we would be outspoken about it. I can only speak for myself, but I would imagine that other fans are sticking to the Peyton story because, well...it IS in the news again. Spygate isn't, these clips are just old rantings that someone dug up and reposted thinking they were new. But in Peytons situation, there IS a new lawsuit related to it and the details of the whole situation are becoming more clear to those who at first only heard the spin from when it first happened.

Do I personally care about any of it? No...I don't. But I can totally understand why Patriots fans are still on the defensive in terms of how they perceive the way that two different guys are being treated through scandals or whatever we want to call them. I mean, lets be honest...many Colts fans still point to Brady having the audacity to break up with Bridget Moynahan 10 years ago as a way to show he's a bad guy...yet Patriots fans aren't allowed to talk about Peyton's potential involvement in a sexual incident from his past when it's back in the news? Let's be a little consistent here when we talk about the nonsense that fanbases cling to when trying to justify their opinions of someone.

2 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

I'd love for you to list all the instances that show Robert Kraft has 'always' been classless. He's done a lot of good for this league, that is why he is 'revered'. You hate the Patriots and that's fine...and oh boo hoo he made a playful little jab at a rival...when did we all get so sensitive? Colts fans should not be criticizing the owner of ANY team, there's an old saying about people in glass houses...

And I always love how people try to use Aaron Hernandez as some kind of representation of the franchise...like saying "They draft thugs and employ murderers'. That's nonsense. It was an isolated situation and in no way represents the New England Patriots. Do we blame the Buffalo Bills for what LeSean McCoy did recently? Did we blame the Chiefs and use Jovan Belcher's murder/suicide as some indication of how Kansas City does business? Heck, even Marvin Harrison was tied to murder a few years back...and as far as I remember, nobody was blaming the Colts for being 'bad people' because one of their players had some issues. No. Players can be stupid, and quite frankly, we don't know a thing about them even though we all pretend to. 

Nah...

But I do blame them for O.J...

Somehow...

1 hour ago, dynasty13 said:

there IS a new lawsuit related to it and the details of the whole situation are becoming more clear to those who at first only heard the spin from when it first happened. 

Recently a statement was made that the University of Tennesse is the focus of the suit not Peyton Manning who's was added to the original details IMO only to grab headlines after a Superbowl Win . 

Not before but after and  which included a hit piece by a less than honest person a Cam Newton fan wanting to say that race played a part in the coverage .

It is new but it was against the school . 

I never heard of it before but there is enough available info to reach a few conclusions .

1  That Peyton Manning did something he regrets .

2 There was a confidentiality agreement in 1996 & she received a settlement .

3   The Manning Book came out 2003 I believe in it Peyton Manning expresses regret for something .

4 Whited  filed suit  claiming she had been outed , But in bringing the suit she outed her self .

Once again received a settlement .

5 A suit has been brought against the school not Peyton Manning . 

So it really is old news although I knew nothing about it , I read everything I cringed when I read the different versions  .

I feel at the time this occurred it should have went to court it is a very serious issue Monica Lewinsky comes to mind women being  taken advantage of makes me very angry what if these girls were my daughter ? 

And that is my focus we can't change what happened but we should make sure no women have this happen again .

Justice delayed is justice denied 20 years have passed what truth existed is lost all we have is the victims statement at the time .

She said there was no physical contact . 

We all realize regardless of the facts that this was sensationalism of an old story sexual abuse charges related to the 2010 -2015 incidents I believe are at the center of this investigation .

Had charges been filed then the school would have been pushed into recognizing that females were under attack & would have had to do something other than pay off a trainer who may or not have  had a valid case .

It has been a smear campaign ESPN Stephen A & dum dum have had a field day running with it & some with an ax to grind as well .

At the end of the day people won't read anything or they will pick what suits out & disregard anything that does'nt further there argument with no regard for the truth .

If we use our common sense & actually read everything available honest people can agree something happened but what exactly is lost 20 years & a couple of settlements have made this impossible to get to the real truth .

8 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

I responded in this thread because someone thought all this new information about Spygate was coming out and that Patriots fans were 'hiding from it' when ordinarily we would be outspoken about it. I can only speak for myself, but I would imagine that other fans are sticking to the Peyton story because, well...it IS in the news again. Spygate isn't, these clips are just old rantings that someone dug up and reposted thinking they were new. But in Peytons situation, there IS a new lawsuit related to it and the details of the whole situation are becoming more clear to those who at first only heard the spin from when it first happened.

Two points:

The person who posted those Spygate videos appears to be a Pats fan who is angry with Kraft for accepting the loss of the draft picks as punishment for Deflategate.

As for the new lawsuit, it is not about Peyton. The allegations against Manning were only included to show a pattern by the University.  I cannot remember where I read it but a lawyer for the plaintiffs was surprised by the backlash against Manning. Manning is not being sued and what happened 20 or so years ago is not focus of this lawsuit.

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Two points:

The person who posted those Spygate videos appears to be a Pats fan who is angry with Kraft for accepting the loss of the draft picks as punishment for Deflategate.

As for the new lawsuit, it is not about Peyton. The allegations against Manning were only included to show a pattern by the University.  I cannot remember where I read it but a lawyer for the plaintiffs was surprised by the backlash against Manning. Manning is not being sued and what happened 20 or so years ago is not focus of this lawsuit.

I understand that...but Jesus Christ...we have someone here that is actually trying to blame Robert Kraft and patriots fans for the King article and what has followed. Patriots fans aren't the ones making this a story...but they ARE allowed to talk about it because...well...the incident IS back in the news...for one reason or another, due to one motive or no motive...none of which has to do with New England Patriots and it's weird to me that anyone would even bring them into it.

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 9:22 AM, dynasty13 said:

I mean, lets be honest...many Colts fans still point to Brady having the audacity to break up with Bridget Moynahan 10 years ago as a way to show he's a bad guy.

Cmon though, you gotta admit he did her pretty dirty.  The whole thing was pretty *-ish.

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Cmon though, you gotta admit he did her pretty dirty.  The whole thing was pretty *-ish.

And some would say what Peyton Manning was accused of is pretty crappy. The point is that some criticize Patriots fans for talking about Peyton for something that happened a long time ago, meanwhile they do the same thing towards Tom. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this happens and I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but you're no better than us...we're the same and we both act the same way that we condemn the other for. It's all hypocritical, on both sides.