Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton to Belichick: "This might be my last rodeo."

bababooey

http://fansided.com/2016/01/26/peyton-manning-might-last-rodeo/

"This might be my last rodeo, it's been a pleasure." This was caught on camera in their post-game handshake. I'm sure he said the same to Brady. A win and he's all but gone. A loss and he could go for it again. Someone will want him if Denver doesn't since he literally made it to the SB this year.

11 minutes ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

It seems to me that whenever there is a good story, i.e. come back from a hurricane, the BUS retiring etc. that results in that team winning. Probably a coincidence but hopefully the best story is Manning retiring and this results in a Denver win.

If Ray Lewis goes out a champ, Peyton deserves to. I wish Cam a SB one year but just like Brady last year and hopefully Peyton this year, would be great to share with your son who is old enough to remember it.

Aside from the Colts winning the SB, nothing will please me more than PM getting a W and retiring. He deserves a second ring and to end his career on top. I think his legacy will only diminish if he keeps playing, and the story book ending always raises a players legacy. This is the time...let's go PM, and more importantly, Broncos D! 

On another note, it makes me puke in my mouth to think of Gary Kubiak as a SB champ...but at least it isn't with the Texans. 

I am sure he is going to hear a lot of questions about it during the SB press conferences. He just set himself up for those, unfortunately. :)

I don't want Cam portrayed as that bad guy who is in Peyton's way either. I look at it as passing the torch if Cam takes down Peyton, much like Russell Wilson took down Peyton 2 years ago. But being a #1 pick has a bigger feel to it if Cam wins. Russell Wilson, now we know, can put a team on his shoulders if needed but that is a story for another day.

It will be a fun SB and while my heart wants Peyton to win, there are just too many well rounded factors in favor of the Panthers for me to think the Broncos pull it off. I just don't see how they can limit Cam to 20 points. No matter what, he at least got past Tom Brady in the AFC before he retired. :)

1 hour ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

It seems to me that whenever there is a good story, i.e. come back from a hurricane, the BUS retiring etc. that results in that team winning. Probably a coincidence but hopefully the best story is Manning retiring and this results in a Denver win.

If Manning was smart, he would tell his team mates this is his last game for extra motivation, it always works, ask Ray Lewis.

Just now, SilentHill said:

If Manning was smart, he would tell his team mates this is his last game for extra motivation, it always works, ask Ray Lewis.

I think this goes without saying. They're already at the SB anyway, what else can you do to get them pumped.:dunno:

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I don't want Cam portrayed as that bad guy who is in Peyton's way either. I look at it as passing the torch if Cam takes down Peyton, much like Russell Wilson took down Peyton 2 years ago. But being a #1 pick has a bigger feel to it if Cam wins. Russell Wilson, now we know, can put a team on his shoulders if needed but that is a story for another day.

I miss team sports.

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I miss team sports.

NFL and NBA just aren't that way anymore (mostly).

Last year's president trophy NY Rangers had the lowest % of points for a president trophy winning team coming from their top line and D pairing. No superstars just the entire team contributing. Of course the team with the superstar won the stanley cup a few months later but it was nice while it lasted. Royals and Mets WS this past year and even the Cubs and Blue Jays had phenomenal pitching staffs and plenty of guys that can hit. NHL and MLB are best suited if you care more about the team over the individual.

23 minutes ago, bababooey said:

NFL and NBA just aren't that way anymore (mostly).

Last year's president trophy NY Rangers had the lowest % of points for a president trophy winning team coming from their top line and D pairing. No superstars just the entire team contributing. Of course the team with the superstar won the stanley cup a few months later but it was nice while it lasted. Royals and Mets WS this past year and even the Cubs and Blue Jays had phenomenal pitching staffs and plenty of guys that can hit. NHL and MLB are best suited if you care more about the team over the individual.

One problem is that this is just the perception, and not reality.

It may be more true in the NBA than it ever will be in any other sport, because there's fewer on a team, and on the floor. 

The NBA started this whole 'sell the players' thing, and I'm not fond of it. Not that I have to be, but we end up having discussions about how "I hope Manning pummels Brady" kind of stuff. Manning won this, Cam lost that............ What?

44 minutes ago, buccolts said:

One problem is that this is just the perception, and not reality.

It may be more true in the NBA than it ever will be in any other sport, because there's fewer on a team, and on the floor. 

The NBA started this whole 'sell the players' thing, and I'm not fond of it. Not that I have to be, but we end up having discussions about how "I hope Manning pummels Brady" kind of stuff. Manning won this, Cam lost that............ What?

It does seem that way on many occasions, doesn't buccolts? Heck, I'm guilty of it to a degree sometimes. The team concept certainly gets lost amongst the chatter of SuperStars very often in just about every sport. I think that's humanity always looking for glorified figures on or off the fields of play and spilling over into other multiple variances of life. 

So, it's extremely refreshing to see players who are pinnacles of their respective sport to turn away from it and credit their entire team(s).

Sounds like this is it. He'd tell Belichik because he knows Belichik wont repeat it..

....Elway bought him to Denver so he could end up as a champ....and take Elway's franchise with him.

Win or lose, the Brocnos owe $21 mil for 2016 and they cant pay that when they need to sign Von Miller and others..

I think this is DeMarcus Ware's last game if the Broncos win. He's had back problems and probably cant play a full 16 games anymore......Owen Daniels is 34..this could be his final game

..and this might be the final game for Elway as well...He just wanted to get his team back on top.

If they do it, he might move on or take a partial ownership role

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Sounds like this is it. He'd tell Belichik because he knows Belichik wont repeat it..

And when asked about what he said back, BB said "That's between me and Peyton". We wouldn't be hearing about this if the cameras didn't pick up Peyton. They said NFL network caught it so you'd have to assume he was mic'd up for the possibility of future championship dvd.

4 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

And watch if the Bronco's win and Peyton retires, everybody is gonna cry foul just like with Ray Lewis and the Ravens.

And 2005.

But, the Ray Lewis thing is fresher. But, Ray was pretty vocal about leaving as soon as our plane landed down in Baltimore for the WC round. 3 days before he announced that he was done and was screaming "We have a good God and God is great" after every win with tears. I didn't even think he would make it through the national anthem before the AFCCG in NE since he was crying so hard it looked like my sister watching the Notebook.

But, yeah they did kinda job the 49ers a bit in the game but Kaepernick also kinda......proved to stink.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

Maybe he and Bill B. sometimes do a rodeo together in the offseason and he was telling him "this year might be the last time we do this Bill."

They're all champions, millionaires, have legacys, hall of famers. Even for guys that don't have any of this they are boys after the game. TY is probably pumped when Antonio Brown runs all over us because they are boys.

Just now, bababooey said:

They're all champions, millionaires, have legacys, hall of famers. Even for guys that don't have any of this they are boys after the game. TY is probably pumped when Antonio Brown runs all over us because they are boys.

I feel so sorry for them all. Rough lives they lead.

lmao 

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Sucks that we never got to see a really good Sheriff vs Gunslinger game. The closest we came was that 45-31 game in the 2000s but it was a forgettable postprime Favre game and the Packers never led.

Dang cheating Saints. That would have been the Super Bowl of the decade.