Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple players I could see being upset with the Dorsett pick:

Moncrief

Duron Carter

Ryan Lankford

Josh Lenz

Vincent Brown

Griff Whalen

and maybe to a lesser extent, Andre Johnson.  I wonder if it's anyone outside of this group that has a problem with the pick.

For 2015, however, he won’t do much to narrow the 38-point gap between the Colts and the Patriots.

I don't understand this mentality at all - from the fans, media, anyone.  We scored 7 points in the game.  With their secondary losses and our offensive additions, in one offseason, they may have gone from being able to lock us down completely to having serious, serious problems trying to cover us.  They have to stop us too. 

Multiple players I could see being upset with the Dorsett pick:

Moncrief

Duron Carter

Ryan Lankford

Josh Lenz

Vincent Brown

Griff Whalen

and maybe to a lesser extent, Andre Johnson.  I wonder if it's anyone outside of this group that has a problem with the pick.

That would be TY, Moncrief, A Johnson,  The DEFENSE.

I almost feel sorry for this kid, he sounds so excited to be here, yet some people seem like they don't even want him here.

It really is sad. Kid hasn't even gotten the chance to show himself. Any other team would be more than happy to have him. 

You said it 100% correct. Any OTHER team. Not a team who didn't need him.

We may not have NEEDED him this season, but with his speed and ability he'll be around for awhile and only get better. How long do you think AJ will play?

It's not like he's going to be useless. Even this season. 

Makes sense. The players probably know the team weaknesses just as well as anyone. If I'm Dqwell Jackson for example, I'm praying for Eddie Goldman because it makes my job alot easier.

Plus you could get the feeling from the press conference that Pagano wasn't thrilled with the pick either. I think there are a few people in the building who aren't thrilled about the pick. Probably looked at it as a missed opportunity to close the gap between the elite teams like the Pats and Steelers.

We may not have NEEDED him this season, but with his speed and ability he'll be around for awhile and only get better. How long do you think AJ will play?

It's not like he's going to be useless. Even this season.

That doesn't matter. Your first pick should be BPA by NEED. Everyone did it but the :colts:

Redskins got RG3 much needed protection

:flyingelvis: got who they hope is Wilfork's replacement

Rams got a dynamic RB to help take the stress off Foles

Jags added someone who could give Luck headaches

Etc Etc

It will be the TY, Moncrief, and Dorsett show when it's time for AJ to move onto greener pastures to retire. It's a good idea to draft the extra WR now while we still have AJ. Our newly aquired defensive talent needs to step it up in camp and show they can contribute right away.

That doesn't matter. Your first pick should be BPA by NEED. Everyone did it but the :colts:

Etc Etc

I'm not saying we shouldn't have taken a position of need but we got a great WR that can be with us for a long time. We need young good receivers that Luck can have chemistry with throughout his career here. People need to look at the plus sides of the pick and they might be a bit less upset.

Yes, we needed some other positions but what we got wasn't bad at all.

Not to say that Dorsette won't be a good player, but it's almost comical how bad Ryan Grigson has been. A first round WR? Are you kidding?

If the Colts had anything but the #1 overall pick in 2012 this guy would be fired. 

Etc Etc

I guess we should start drafting like the Rams, Redskins, and Jags then. Seems to be a recipe for success.

Etc Etc

That is in fact the exact opposite of how a team sould and how most teams do in fact draft. 

And using the Rams to illustrate your point is freaking hysterical.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have taken a position of need but we got a great WR that can be with us for a long time. We need young good receivers that Luck can have chemistry with throughout his career here. People need to look at the plus sides of the pick and they might be a bit less upset.

This was a deep WR draft, could've easily gotten someone late. Dude is 5'9, what 5'9 WR goes first round?

Grigson just stinks with 1st round picks, it's that simple

Aside from Luck, what first round pick have we had since Grigson showed up that has lived up to a first round talent?

Etc Etc

Give it some time and wait until the season starts. I think we are in better shape than people think.

WOW all i can say is we addressed our DL with Anderson Parry they are damn good football players i watch Stanford alot  geathers is a development guy but can be a future starter Djoun Smith is a fighter will be a damn good player so overall we def upgraded D in short term and long term I like Langford , Cole , Irving ,Lowery  and then the draft so who cares about Dorsett i could see people being overly upset if we went WR OL RB etc but we addressed D alot in draft .. 

why dont we leave the scouting up to the Pros..? 

This was a deep WR draft, could've easily gotten someone late. Dude is 5'9, what 5'9 WR goes first round?

Grigson just stinks with 1st round picks, it's that simple

Aside from Luck, what first round pick have we had since Grigson showed up that has lived up to a first round talent?

Yes, it was a bad move by Ryan- Maybe Chuck and him  did not watch how our Run D got steamrolled in the playoffs by the Pats. I mean he did not thinkj there was one D player at 29? He could have easily picked a WR in the 3rd.

What plus sides of the pick? You're talking about aGM who drafted the current number 1 receiver in the 3rd round, and a guy who had a chance to become better than that in the 3rd round as well.

The only reason he was ranked so high on our board because Grigson got hot flashes from him having 4.2 speed.

He's fine for another team, but not for us. I find it comical how people always say the Colts need a big, physical WR and then chest when we get a guy who is about the same size as Tavon Austin.

Like I said, fine player, but bad pick. I don't think anyone is directing their anger at him though.

Yes, it was a bad move by Ryan- Maybe Chuck and him did not watch how our Run D got steamrolled in the playoffs by the Pats. I mean he did not thinkj there was one D player at 29? He could have easily picked a WR in the 3rd.

The "reasons" were Malcolm Brown doesn't "fit" our scheme

Gregory as we know has the "character" issues and Grigson made it clear he wasn't drafting character issue guys in the first

Don't understand why Landon Collins wasn't drafted after Grigson drooled over him

It's no logical explanation as to why we took a WR other than Grigson STINKS with 1st rounders

What plus sides of the pick? You're talking about aGM who drafted the current number 1 receiver in the 3rd round, and a guy who had a chance to become better than that in the 3rd round as well.

The only reason he was ranked so high on our board because Grigson got hot flashes from him having 4.2 speed.

He's fine for another team, but not for us. I find it comical how people always say the Colts need a big, physical WR and then chest when we get a guy who is about the same size as Tavon Austin.

Like I said, fine player, but bad pick. I don't think anyone is directing their anger at him though.

Preach!!!!!

:worthy: