Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFT: Multiple Colts players upset with Dorsett selection

Dustin

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I thought he'd be a QB worthy of the #2 pick I'd take him. If Andrew Luck Jr. fell to there, everyone would, if only to flip him for more later.

More to your point, would you take a DT you knew would be an average player for 4-5 years or a WR guaranteed to be the GOAT? Would you pass on him because we don't need WRs? Arguments can be reduced to absurdity both directions.

Here's what I see; the Colts took a player that they believed was the most talented, and that player will have sufficient opportunity to contribute over the next 12 years or so regardless of needs now. I'd rather have the guy that could contribute more over his career than a guy who might get more playing time next year not because he's better, but because of poor depth.

I definitely agree with your point, it is a matter of difference of opinions though.  The route the Colts took, could also be the result of the front office not wanting to re-sign TY next year, because he want's too much money (he did hire Drew Rosenhaus).  There POV will say we have a TY clone that doesn't play that much, let's just give him more reps and save money for other needs.  Whereas we could've just addressed that "theoretical future need" with our 1st round pick this year... 

Who knows how it will play out, but one thing everybody can agree upon is that we weren't hurting for a WR, and there were other players available that could've addressed immediate needs!  Anybody thinking into the matter beyond that is over analyzing, IMO.

Who knows how it will play out, but one thing everybody can agree upon is that we weren't hurting for a WR, and there were other players available that could've addressed immediate needs! Anybody thinking into the matter beyond that is over analyzing, IMO.

Or they aren't short sighted.

Yes, it was a bad move by Ryan- Maybe Chuck and him  did not watch how our Run D got steamrolled in the playoffs by the Pats. I mean he did not thinkj there was one D player at 29? He could have easily picked a WR in the 3rd.

That's just not how the draft works.....

People here are acting as if they've never heard the concept of BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

As if the Colts are the first and only team to ever use it.

We're not.

Dorsett was the highest rated player on our board by a considerable margin.    You take him.

And I say that as someone who would've drafted Eddie Goldman.

Keep in mind that a big part of blowouts to Dallas, Pittsburgh and NE were due to the lack of first downs by the Colts offense.

Dorsett is really quick with great hands.  If TY were in the draft this year after playing with the Colts the last few years wouldnt you take him in the first round?

When teams draft for need over BPA is usually bites them in keister!

We can bloviate all day about this but its pointless to keep thrashing this issue until we see it play out on the playing field

Fleener shys away from contact on the field, I wouldn't be surprised if he feels threatened by competition

Wow,  is this a terrible thread for you....

One silly post after another....

If I didn't know of your love for Apple Juice,  I'd be worried that you've been drinking.....    heavily.

I can't wait till Dorsett helps drop 40 on the patriots! End all of this non sense talk! The kids a baller! Putting him in with Luck and his clone in TY, along side the other offensive weapons we have! This offense can easily be one of the best offenses ever, If not the best.

you dont know that

Yesterday we had a 79 man roster.    The max allowed is 90.

Today we released 4 players giving us 75.     Guess what?     We signed 15 free agents.    

That gives us......   drum roll......                90.

How in the world would the Colts possibly even know who made the comments to PFT?     You think someone went around and asked every player?     And you think it's a coincidence that the 4 players we cut just happened to be the four worst on our roster?

Please.....   just stop and think for a moment.

Frankly,  I don't think the Colts would care one bit if anyone complained about the pick.    They've got much, MUCH bigger issues to deal with than a few unhappy players.

Whoever is unhappy will get over it.    Winning solves EVERYTHING.

Yesterday we had a 79 man roster.    The max allowed is 90.

Today we released 4 players giving us 75.     Guess what?     We signed 15 free agents.    

That gives us......   drum roll......                90.

How in the world would the Colts possibly even know who made the comments to PFT?     You think someone went around and asked every player?     And you think it's a coincidence that the 4 players we cut just happened to be the four worst on our roster?

Please.....   just stop and think for a moment.

Frankly,  I don't think the Colts would care one bit if anyone complained about the pick.    They've got much, MUCH bigger issues to deal with than a few unhappy players.

Whoever is unhappy will get over it.    Winning solves EVERYTHING.

you think its coincidence that as soon as this players complaining thing surfaced, players were released 

you think its coincidence that as soon as this players complaining thing surfaced, players were released 

Oh Dear God....

This defies logic.  The players referenced in the PFT nonsense were very clearly players who actually contribute something - not end of the roster guys who no chance to make the team.

Multiple players I could see being upset with the Dorsett pick:

Moncrief

Duron Carter

Ryan Lankford

Josh Lenz

Vincent Brown

Griff Whalen

and maybe to a lesser extent, Andre Johnson.  I wonder if it's anyone outside of this group that has a problem with the pick.

I actually don't mind the selection of Dorsett. Because we need a kick returner and another wide receiver for the future. But we need to be more aggressive and build this defense from now on. During the Peyton era Polian never really gave the Colts a defense which is why we only got one super bowl. If Irsay wants multiple super bowls he better make sure Grigs gets us a defense. Or he should find someone who will that includes Pagano. 

It happened on the day we added our 15 free agents.

And, as I said,  the Colts wouldn't know who said what to whom.........

You're simply being argumentative.....

It happened on the day we added our 15 free agents.

And, as I said,  the Colts wouldn't know who said what to whom.........

You're simply being argumentative.....

no im just a conspiracy theorist haha

Oh Dear God....

This defies logic.  The players referenced in the PFT nonsense were very clearly players who actually contribute something - not end of the roster guys who no chance to make the team.

how do you know that

I can't wait till Dorsett helps drop 40 on the patriots! End all of this non sense talk! The kids a baller! Putting him in with Luck and his clone in TY, along side the other offensive weapons we have! This offense can easily be one of the best offenses ever, If not the best.

I totally agree it was a smart move and a exciting one. But we need a defense a defense that can stop the run and get off the field on 3rd down consistently.  

That's right, if we drafted a safety or DT, they don't take up roster spots.

J/k, none of the draftees take spots until signed.

who could compete with them to show he can play just as well. now hes got no shot

You might want to re-read what was posted, you're clearly not comprehending.

You were justifying the pick.. saying the front office thought dorsett was the GOAT.. which is why the picked him instead if a average DT.. all i said was i think its hilarious if the front office really thinks a 5'9 1/2 WR will GOAT

That doesn't matter. Your first pick should be BPA by NEED. Everyone did it but the :colts:

The Jets didn't. They drafted the best player of the entire draft by most experts. They're getting commended for it. The Patriots reportedly loved Brown so much they were going to trade the pick to the Texans so they could draft Dorsett. 

You were justifying the pick.. saying the front office thought dorsett was the GOAT.. which is why the picked him instead if a average DT.. all i said was i think its hilarious if the front office really thinks a 5'9 1/2 WR will GOAT

No.

It was pointing out the absurdity of passing on a hypothetical GOAT because it wasn't a"position of need."

In that case, he should be upset that the Colts even participated in the draft. Every pick was one less roster spot.

You know this is ridiculous, right? 

who could compete with them to show he can play just as well. now hes got no shot

Because I used my brain.

I am not sure if this is you just having fun or if something you really believe.  If you really believe it I would stop right now. 

I look at both sides of the argument

That would be TY, Moncrief, A Johnson,  The DEFENSE.

I seriously doubt the DEFENSE is upset. He won't cost one of them a job. While we only care about wins, these guys have a lot more at stake, like paying their mortgages.

In that case, he should be upset that the Colts even participated in the draft. Every pick was one less roster spot.

You know this is ridiculous, right? 

"no im just a conspiracy theorist haha"

That should probably be your cue to stopping debating with CR91.......some people just should not be argued with, I think conspiracy theorists are among those people

Oh so you are a contrarian?

And I just had you pegged as someone who lacks an understanding of the game.

I can be portrayed like that sure. probably why I wasnt popular in high school haha

"no im just a conspiracy theorist haha"

That should probably be your cue to stopping debating with CR91.......some people just should not be argued with, I think conspiracy theorists are among those people

whats the point of a conversation if you dont look at other options to an opinion. popular opinion is boring and lacks controversy