Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFT: Multiple Colts players upset with Dorsett selection

Dustin

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shame...trying to stir up trouble. 

Dorsett was the best pick amongst who was available at the time....based upon the Colts needs and BPA  Its not even close.

People just have a hard time analyzing something when there are more than just two moving parts to a situation....so they have to criticize Grigson when they pick comes out of nowhere...instead of their own inept analysis.

Contiune on. for sure...but know that Grigson is the GM because he knows football better than the folks who post on internet forums.

I maintain that if this guy doesn't start looking like a future HOF'er the moment he steps on the field, Grigson should be fired.

I maintain that since this draft pick allowed us to cut Cribbs, it makes it all worth it.

I was like must fan upset  and confused when I heard the pick, but once I set back and saw the whole picture I have to say I really like want the Colts have done. Sure there where clear need that had to be addressed and there were some very good defensive player left on the board, but clearly non of those players base off how our front office felt were as impactful as Dorsett and yet we still got players at those position. Lets remember people theirs always valued players outside of rounds one two and three. As for Wr not being a need. Since 2012 the Colts have had issues at this positions, do your homework on the matter and the idea that this move was made to cover for the departure of TY couldn't be further from the truth. Now in 2012-Avery, 2013-DHB, 2014-Nicks, know I do feel that A. Johnson will break this cycle but I have no problem with the Team taking anther step to making sure we are set at the position and yes we have Carter but he hasn't played a snap in the NFL. We were here last year at the beginning of OTAs thinking we would have one of the strongest Wr Core in football and what happened, Roger was cut Brazill get suspended and Reggie wasn't Reggie. So as I said sure we have TY, Johnson, Moncrief and even Carter history has shown that's not all that not always the case and knock on wood we have any injuries at that position. Drafting Dorsett allows us the ability to completely change a lot of the complexity of our offense for instance we could go wildcat, screen, reverses, dump routes we could plug Dorsett on the outside or inside same as TY and Johnson can play inside or outside take your pick not to mention Dorsett is going to be a good PR and KR although that was the same thinking about TY until they found out what all he could do they at Wr and didn't want to get him hurt. As a whole the Front Office did a good job in my opinion this offseason, the only true hole I see after the draft is I'd sat RT, but I like pick 29 and Colts Nation and Fan base will to once the season starts and we see all this kid can do. As for the players being upset with the pick, they need to worry about themselves and not the draft just like he said in the movie Draft Day when the GM was talking to Drew Stanton, If I draft him I draft him do yourself a favor and worry about drew but more importantly don't bother me with your %t right know I'm working here!!!

Oh Dear God....

This defies logic.  The players referenced in the PFT nonsense were very clearly players who actually contribute something - not end of the roster guys who no chance to make the team.

Do you know what team I play for! Do you know who I am! Lol. 

Let's see....not getting much run....boss breathing down my neck......hmmm....what to do.........I know....I'l quote my imaginary source about something controversial that mirrors the shallow fans current trending.....

That doesn't matter. Your first pick should be BPA by NEED. Everyone did it but the :colts:

Redskins got RG3 much needed protection

:flyingelvis: got who they hope is Wilfork's replacement

Rams got a dynamic RB to help take the stress off Foles

Jags added someone who could give Luck headaches

Etc Etc

For a second I thought the Rams had both Stacy and Tre Mason.  Thanks for letting me know RB was their biggest need, especially with all the weapons they have at receiver, and their dominant O-line.

one less roster spot

Anyone who is taken in the first round creates ONE LESS ROSTER SPOT!!

HELLO?!?!

Remember when I called you "argumentative"......    this is what I'm talking about!

You're talking nonsense and trying to hide behind "a difference of opinion...."

Give it up!     Punt!     Live to debate another day,  because you're dying here....     and for what?!?

you think its coincidence that as soon as this players complaining thing surfaced, players were released 

yes.  What is NOT a coincidence is that these players were released as other UDFA's were signed that pushed the Colts over the 90 man roster limit. 

But if it's the defense, it's 100% the players, even though the HC is also a defensive guy.

tknight only puts blame on the players/coaches that he doesn't like.  By the way, absolutely nothing in this world is Andrew Luck's fault.

you think going against popular opinion makes you a fool?

of course not.  Suggesting the guys that were just released were released because they are suspected of being the ones who complained about the Dorsett pick is what makes you a fool.

of course not.  Suggesting the guys that were just released were released because they are suspected of being the ones who complained about the Dorsett pick is what makes you a fool.

I dont think it makes me a fool just because I think outside the box. every topic has more then one side to look at it. theres inside the box like you guys like to do and outside the box for those that seek other alternatives 

I dont think it makes me a fool just because I think outside the box. every topic has more then one side to look at it. theres inside the box like you guys like to do and outside the box for those that seek other alternatives 

Thinking outside the box does not make you a fool.  It was the point where you decided the thought was worth proposing as being a legitimate possibility.

Thinking outside the box does not make you a fool.  It was the point where you decided the thought was worth proposing as being a legitimate possibility.

I like conspiracies too like the pats winning the super bowl 2001 haha

I highly doubt it was Andre, these guys workout together and Andre is 31 so throw that one out buddie. Now Moncrief, Carter and that rest of these young unproven receivers: which people claim is a deep position. I guess people have blind faith that Carter and Moncrief are the bee knees with just a few snaps for Moncrief; he did catch a lot of fans eye (or eyes whatever), as for Duron he is an utter mystery. I for one will be pulling for everyone but especially young Phillip Dorsett and Josh Robinson.

I've got a solution for you: play better. Then it wouldn't be a problem. People are trying to alienate this kid before they even know him. 

I seriously doubt that Colts players (or most fans) will alienate Dorsett.  They are upset about the decision that does not necessarily mean that they will hate the player taken.  If Dorsett comes in and makes plays then he will earn his respect soon enough.  I took it that the players are more upset about the decision to draft a position that  was already considered a team strength because even they realize that their defense needs more young high caliber talent.  I  think the players (and fans) would be more salty towards Griggs for that than Dorsett. 

How does anyone know that what was done in the off season has not improved what needed improved?  So what if a DL, OL, or Safety was not taken 1st round, as long as it is taken care of.  You complain now, but don't even know if the position that you are arguing needs improved, needs it anymore.  Maybe the guy selected in those later rounds becomes a stud in the position. use 20/20 hindsight when there is proof that what is being complained about is legitimate.

Keep in mind that a big part of blowouts to Dallas, Pittsburgh and NE were due to the lack of first downs by the Colts offense.

Dorsett is really quick with great hands.  If TY were in the draft this year after playing with the Colts the last few years wouldnt you take him in the first round?

When teams draft for need over BPA is usually bites them in keister!

We can bloviate all day about this but its pointless to keep thrashing this issue until we see it play out on the playing field

cant really say that it was a big part of those losses. The colts pretty much got dominated in most phases of the game.

One example of outside the box thinking is that 1+1=3.

I like conspiracies too like the pats winning the super bowl 2001 haha

Your idea of who the cut players were was not thinking outside the box or a conspiracy theory. It was just wrong and NCF, among others, made that quite evident multiple times yet you continued to beat that drum. So, yes, to me, that is absolutely foolish.

How does anyone know that what was done in the off season has not improved what needed improved?  So what if a DL, OL, or Safety was not taken 1st round, as long as it is taken care of.  You complain now, but don't even know if the position that you are arguing needs improved, needs it anymore.  Maybe the guy selected in those later rounds becomes a stud in the position. use 20/20 hindsight when there is proof that what is being complained about is legitimate.

I hear you but apparently its not just fans...its some Colts players too who seem to feel that more was needed.  That has to count for something in my opinion.  Time will tell though. 

I highly doubt it was Andre, these guys workout together and Andre is 31 so throw that one out buddie. Now Moncrief, Carter and that rest of these young unproven receivers: which people claim is a deep position. I guess people have blind faith that Carter and Moncrief are the bee knees with just a few snaps for Moncrief; he did catch a lot of fans eye (or eyes whatever), as for Duron he is an utter mystery. I for one will be pulling for everyone but especially young Phillip Dorsett and Josh Robinson.

Andre Johnson is 34, or at least he will be at the start of the season.

Keep in mind that a big part of blowouts to Dallas, Pittsburgh and NE were due to the lack of first downs by the Colts offense.

Dorsett is really quick with great hands.  If TY were in the draft this year after playing with the Colts the last few years wouldnt you take him in the first round?

When teams draft for need over BPA is usually bites them in keister!

We can bloviate all day about this but its pointless to keep thrashing this issue until we see it play out on the playing field

Theoretically yes, but that would mean we didn't have TY in the first place. What would our WR corp look like w/o TY? Wounded Reggie, ineffective Nicks, rookie Donte and another assorted practice squad guy? Under that scenario WR would be somewhat of a need in my opinion and Grigs would be justified taking him or another WR........but that wasn't the case.

Don't think people upset with him more like the position that was taken was bigger needs

People just don't care. He was the BPA, and by god whether we needed him or not we were going to take him.

Now please excuse me as a New England RB is about to run for a first down already, right through this post.

It was a suprise pick but then again Andre johnson hasn't set the world on fire the last 2 yrs, and he is old,slower and dropped a few balls last year. With that said,I bet Dorsett will be better and have better numbers than aj next year.

Highly doubtful. And if true, it likely won't be a good thing.

But if it's the defense, it's 100% the players, even though the HC is also a defensive guy.

Greg Manusky is the guy that's going to be most affected by the first round draft selection. That DC chair has to be hot enough to cook popcorn.

I don't care what PFT says, if you think Manusky saw this pick and went "ZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOMG! DIS IS GREEEEEAAAAAATTTT!" you're wrong. 

Manusksy saw this pick and his reaction ranged from somewhere between a profanity laced rant, to physical violence, guaranteed. 

It's HIS butt on the line right now, and this pick (and most of the others in this draft, as well as UDFA) have tied his hands with options. We didn't get any help at the positions we really needed until the 4th. 

And being perfectly honest, it's not likely that we're going to see any of those players step into positions of need and immediately make an impact. That means now we're resorting to hoping for the best, and hoping some players we can use get vut before the season starts. This draft simply did not do anything to solve what has ended our season 2 years in a row now barring a group of late round rookies turning into strong starting players right off the bat.

And who will wear the collar for that?

Manusky. And even if the players ARE happy, you have to know he isn't. 

"....Suggesting the guys that were just released were released because they are suspected of being the ones who complained about the Dorsett pick........"

It's probably pretty obvious to everyone but more than likely it's the other way around. They started complaining after they were released.

yes.  What is NOT a coincidence is that these players were released as other UDFA's were signed that pushed the Colts over the 90 man roster limit. 

tknight only puts blame on the players/coaches that he doesn't like.  By the way, absolutely nothing in this world is Andrew Luck's fault.

That's just not how the draft works.....

People here are acting as if they've never heard the concept of BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

As if the Colts are the first and only team to ever use it.

We're not.

Dorsett was the highest rated player on our board by a considerable margin.    You take him.

And I say that as someone who would've drafted Eddie Goldman.

Truth !! And, I not so sure we were "stacked" at WR anyway, We have no idea how Carter will be in the NFL, AJ will be gone in 2 years and TY could be on a different team next year. Moncrief is still in development but should turn into a great player for us. I don't think a rookie S or DL would be a pro bowler and shut down the run, could they ? sure ! reach for it ? No !! There is also a saying..You draft for tomorrow, Not today.

Imo, Grigson and company not only thought Dorsett was BPA, I believe they thought he was better than most of our WR group. At least, potential wise.  Grigson made a statement a few weeks ago, that implied he makes subtle changes here and there if they make us better.  Dorsett definitely makes us better and I certainly believe he will get a lot of playing time at WR...not just punt returns.

Man sharpens man, if players did indeed speak out and are worried about their playing time then they need to practice harder and train harder. You should never feel your spot is garunteed. Now if it's defensive guys comaining then same goes for them. Practice harder and train harder to get the job done instead of worrying about bringing in help.