Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts playoff matchups (Steelers?) [Merge]

12isthenew18

If the Bengals lose tomorrow, we still have the edge on the #3 seed to possibly play the Broncos as a #2 seed. So, let's root for that.

Ravens in 2012, with all their injuries (like our OL injuries and T.Y.Hilton MIA today), lost 4 out of their last 5 to finish 10-6. Then, they got healthy and went on the Flacco SB run.

So, when you get key players back, you always have a chance in the playoffs. That is all you can ask for. While it may be difficult to see the long term, that is all there is to this loss, 1 loss.

Like Magic Johnson said after a 20 pt. loss to the Bulls in a playoff game, whether you lose by 20 pts or 1 pt., it is still 1 loss. Let's keep that in perspective.

If the Bengals lose tomorrow, we still have the edge on the #3 seed to possibly play the Broncos as a #2 seed. So, let's root for that.

Ravens in 2012, with all their injuries (like our OL injuries and T.Y.Hilton MIA today), lost 4 out of their last 5 to finish 10-6. Then, they got healthy and went on the Flacco SB run.

So, when you get key players back, you always have a chance in the playoffs. That is all you can ask for. While it may be difficult to see the long term, that is all there is to this loss, 1 loss.

Like Magic Johnson said after a 20 pt. loss to the Bulls in a playoff game, whether you lose by 20 pts or 1 pt., it is still 1 loss. Let's keep that in perspective.

Steelers are the #3 right now

@KBowenColts: If Cincy loses Monday, Colts would be scheduled to play CIN in the 4/5 matchup heading into Week 17. If Cincy wins, then Indy/Pitt matchup.

@KBowenColts: If Cincy loses Monday, Colts would be scheduled to play CIN in the 4/5 matchup heading into Week 17. If Cincy wins, then Indy/Pitt matchup.

Root for Bengals to lose and we can take care of them in a #4 vs #5 matchup, I honestly like that matchup. Let Pitt and Chargers duke it out as a #3 vs #6

If Colts beat the Titans:

So if Bengals lose tomorrow to Broncos and beat the Steelers, we will be the #3 seed and play the chargers if they win next week.

If Bengals lose the next 2 games we will be matched up with Bengals as the #4/5 seeds. Probably our best match-up here.

I surely hope the Bengals lose the next 2 games. I don't want to play Chargers or Steelers

I think if Cincy loses both of their remaining games, it's possible they may not even make the playoffs?

I think if Cincy loses both of their remaining games, they may not even make the playoffs?

True. If the Ravens win their last one and the Bengals lose their remaining 2, Pitt. is #3 and Chargers are #6 while the Ravens are #5.

Being in the #4 spot playing the Ravens or Bengals is a better match up, IMO, having played both of them at home this year.

I find this whole playoff seeding thing a bit confusing.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but It seems to me...

If the Bengals win tomorrow, we cannot take the 3rd seed, and the Colts are locked in at 4th seed.

So under those conditions the Colts/Tennessee game would have no relevance.

I wrote this somewhere else too.

1. Kansas City Chiefs:

Bengals loss to Denver, A win vs. Pitt, A houston loss and a Baltimore Loss

Most unlikely after close defeat in Pitt but they have a shot.

Highs: OLB and DL depth. Allen BaileyDontari PoeJustin Houston and Tamba Haliwill kill our line.

2nd pass defense. We'd be essentially scerwed if Herron doesn't how up.

Jamaal Charles.

Cons: Pass game. There's is nearly non existent and haven't had a receiver score.

Alex Smth can't change games

Offensive line is abysmal. We'd take it apart even though we aren't thta great.

Our X-factors: Herron and Adams

If it happens: Colts 30- Kansas City 17

2. Cincy Bengals

Win and In

Highs: AJ Green will put Vontae to a test and will take Toler apart.

Jeremy Hill. He's a power back and has been hot this year.

Domata Peko has been stellar with geno atkins and they will probably kill hugh thornton

Cons: Pass rush is nearly non existent since losing zimmer

Corners on this tea are very weak and our rotation of receivers will kill them.

Dalton is horrid in playoffs.

X factors: Nicks and Freeman

Prediction: Colts 27- Bengals 16

3. Baltimore Ravens

Win + SD Loss

Highs: WR tandem of smith and smith. They cant de dangerous on third down luckily we're somehow first ranked there

Flacco shows up in postseason which is dangerous

Run defense plays physical and sadly Ngata would be back

Cons: Safety play is abysmal and if T.Y. gets behind it's over.

Ladarius webb draws fouls and will give us some oppurtunities

Left side of Oline collapses a ton it should be a field day.

X factors: Hilton and Jean-Francois

Prediction: Colts 31-23

4. Pittsburgh Steelers:

Clinched but win week 17 gives the division

High:

Leveon Bell is making a case for top 5 running back and will show his wheels off.

Big Ben is having an MVP type season and his abilities to escape pressure and extend plays will wear us out

Antonio Brown is the best poccestional receiver in football and hes everywhere

Cons: Their DB group is worse then Philly's. They will get torched

Health in LB core has been bad all year with shazier and jones barely in.

Ability to create up the middle pressure. There DT/NT isn't good and will allow us to expand plays

X Factors: Moncrief and Jones

If we play them: 34-30 Pitt

5. San Diego Chargers

Win and In

HIghs: They have magic. They pull miracles and do crazy stuff by some level.

Rivers is that good and will be that good in postseason

Antonio Gates is great and should be in comeback player convo

Cons:

DL is very poorly coached and they have a hard time against the run

Receiving core has a bunch of averege players and I believe we can stop them

There O-line is worse than ours and can't run block at all

X factors: Herron and Toler

Prediction 38-31 Colts

6. Houston Texans

Win, Bal loss and SD Loss.

Highs: JJ Watt No explination needed

Arian Foster is a very versatile running back who can catch and run

Brian Cushing and the LB's are very physical in the run game

Cons: Case Keenum

Safety play is just bad. We get behind them and they will be on the floor

TE play is bad and the colts can't cover one so all the help

X factors: Nicks and Adams

Prediction: Colts 35- Texans 17

Well I accepted certain death in DV round so enjoy a maybe playoff win

We rested today. There was no need to play all out. We have Tenn and we know their not trying to win. I hope they beat us and get to 3-13

We did not start that game to rest. They scored 28 points by the very beginning of the 2nd quarter. By that point, might as well just make it out without injury.

I find this whole playoff seeding thing a bit confusing.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but It seems to me...

If the Bengals win tomorrow, we cannot take the 3rd seed, and the Colts are locked in at 4th seed.

So under those conditions the Colts/Tennessee game would have no relevance.

Not really that hard to figure.

Colts 10-5

Bengals 9-4-1

Steelers 10-5

Bengals win tomorrow but lose next week, the Steelers are AFC North Champs and the 3 seed.

Bengals win tomorrow and Sunday, they are the # 3 seed.

Colts win Sunday and the Bengals lose tomorrow but win next week against Pittsburgh, Indy gets the 3 seed.

Under no circumstance would the Colts game against Tennessee be meaningless if the 3rd seed is important to them.

Then I suppose the Bengals it is because they sure won't be beating the Broncos.