Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts playoff matchups (Steelers?) [Merge]

12isthenew18

If the Broncos beat the Bengals, and the Chargers beat the Chiefs in their last game (assuming we beat the Titans), WE WILL PLAY the Chargers.

If Broncos beat the Bengals and the Chargers beat the Chiefs:

a) If Pitt. beats the Bengals in last game, we play the Chargers in a #4 vs #5 matchup

b) If Bengals beat Pitt. in last game, we play the Chargers in a #3 vs #6 matchup

Not really that hard to figure.

Colts 10-5

Bengals 9-4-1

Steelers 10-5

Bengals win tomorrow but lose next week, the Steelers are AFC North Champs and the 3 seed.

Bengals win tomorrow and Sunday, they are the # 3 seed.

Colts win Sunday and the Bengals lose tomorrow but win next week against Pittsburgh, Indy gets the 3 seed.

Under no circumstance would the Colts game against Tennessee be meaningless if the 3rd seed is important to them.

You say it's "not that hard to figure", yet I think your last statement is wrong...

If the Bengals win Monday Night we cannot get the 3 seed.

Therefore, in this scenario,  the outcome of Colts/Tennessee game is meaningless as far as seeding is concerned

If the Bengals lose tomorrow, we still have the edge on the #3 seed to possibly play the Broncos as a #2 seed. So, let's root for that.

Ravens in 2012, with all their injuries (like our OL injuries and T.Y.Hilton MIA today), lost 4 out of their last 5 to finish 10-6. Then, they got healthy and went on the Flacco SB run.

So, when you get key players back, you always have a chance in the playoffs. That is all you can ask for. While it may be difficult to see the long term, that is all there is to this loss, 1 loss.

Like Magic Johnson said after a 20 pt. loss to the Bulls in a playoff game, whether you lose by 20 pts or 1 pt., it is still 1 loss. Let's keep that in perspective.

I didn't even think of this!  If the Broncos win we will be ahead of the Bengals but tied with Pitt(they get it because they beat us) then the Bengals pull off the upset next week against Pitt at Pitt!  Then the dream scenerio would be Steelers beat the Bengals in the wild card game and we beat SD or Bal then Pitt beats NE and we beat Den then we get the AFC championship game at home .  Anything can happen right? :D  

I didn't even think of this!  If the Broncos win we will be ahead of the Bengals but tied with Pitt(they get it because they beat us) then the Bengals pull off the upset next week against Pitt at Pitt!  Then the dream scenerio would be Steelers beat the Bengals in the wild card game and we beat SD or Bal then Pitt beats NE and we beat Den then we get the AFC championship game at home .  Anything can happen right? :D  

You described the perfect scenario for us. Bengals lose tonight but they win next week. Yeah, the Chargers have a history against us but I think they have plenty of holes for us to exploit, IMO. They struggled against good man coverage teams that blitzed (recently Patriots, Broncos etc.) and I feel this go around will be different vs the Chargers at home.

You say it's "not that hard to figure", yet I think your last statement is wrong...

If the Bengals win Monday Night we cannot get the 3 seed.

Therefore, in this scenario,  the outcome of Colts/Tennessee game is meaningless as far as seeding is concerned

I stand corrected.  You are right.

I stand corrected.  You are right.

Although it's really not that complicated, even the media cant seem to figure out these formulas.

I have seen several incorrect reports, from various beat writers, sports outlets on twitter, etc.

USAToday sports website had the Bengals as one of five playoff teams in, yet in reality Cincinnati has not clinched anything.

Bengals-Steelers flexed to 'SNF' in Week 17

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000447897/article/bengalssteelers-flexed-to-snf-in-week-17

The AFC North will be decided in primetime in Week 17.

The NFL announced that the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers will face off in primetime next Sunday night. The league leaves the primetime spot on NBC open until most of Week 16 is over to maximize having the best game possible on air.

They had a number of great options to choose from. Green Bay and Detroit will face off to decide the NFC North title in a game that was moved to 4:25 pm ET on Fox, per the Lions' official website. Carolina and Atlanta will battle to decide the NFC South's best losing team. San Diego also has a "win and in" scenario against Kansas City.

Showcasing the AFC North showdown makes a lot of sense, and it could be a do-or-die game for the Bengals. The Steelers have already clinched a playoff spot. The Bengals, however, are not yet in the playoffs at 9-4-1. They could clinch a playoff spot with a win on Monday Night Football against Denver. If Andy Dalton's primetime struggles continue against the Broncos, the Bengals could need a win against Pittsburgh or get left out of the playoffs entirely.

True. If the Ravens win their last one and the Bengals lose their remaining 2, Pitt. is #3 and Chargers are #6 while the Ravens are #5.

Being in the #4 spot playing the Ravens or Bengals is a better match up, IMO, having played both of them at home this year.

I agree that either the Ravens or Bengals would be the better first round matchups for the Colts.  However, the Colts are a different team from when they  beat them earlier.  Indy has regressed as the season has gone on.  Also the Bengals were without A.J. Green when we beat them. Still I like our chances better in the first round against either of those teams.