Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

IndyD4U

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trade of Marcus Burley was questionable at the time.  Their are a lot of forum comments questioning the judgment of Grigson/ Pagano, and I am usually quick to defend Colts management.

But when a guy like Purifoy gets cut for violating rules, it makes me wonder about the judgment used to keep Purifoy, who has a history of discipline problems over Burley, who seemingly had equal ability but no history of such problems.

Could be, but didn't we sign him, and release him 2 days Later?  The sign him again and release him more?  Al  the while Pagano said we did our due diligence?  Seems to me they would know if he could play and crack the lineup without the merry go round.  And we did have a stacked (at the time) WR list. But I defer... if not fully on board. Urban Meyer and Lane Kiffin fought hard over the kid.  Talent was Percy Harvin like. So it went away?  Not even enough left to beat out Whalen? Maybe...  I think there's more.

With every single case that I've seen Pagano always says "It's an in house deal" whenever it's a behavioral case and it hasn't been released to the media about what it is.  If it's in the media and we know exactly what they did then Pagano will give you an exact answer like "Conduct Detrimental" like in Rogers case.  Richardson was let go at a time when we see many UDFA get released if the players athletic talent doesn't satisfy the coaches, which it was during the preseason.  Just my opinion....

You have got to be kidding me man one little issue and you are gone the colts are the stupidest team in the league when it comes to decision making one little slip up and your gone is stupid I don't like the move at all.

Clearly says "a string" a string means more than "one little" as you're saying it

You have got to be kidding me man one little issue and you are gone the colts are the stupidest team in the league when it comes to decision making one little slip up and your gone is stupid I don't like the move at all.

That's funny, I interpret "string of issues" meaning more than one issue as you put it. It's called discipline, tough love if you will, and the team has to buy in to it. The team has to follow through or it will turn into a mess of a team. No one individual is above the team and most certainly, some kid with potential talent. I hated to see him cut because of his potential but you have to maintain discipline. It sounds like he had his chances and warnings up to this point. I trust the team in cutting a potential talent vs a stupid cut move in order to keep the team in order long term.

Reading comprehension 101 - what part of a "string" of disciplinary issues is difficult to understand?  This is not about one incident at all. They cut the guy over a Holiday in prep for a week when they have numerous issues of health at that position.  Tells me the guy proved himself to be a clown.   

Well they just cut a guy that will be a great corner in this league and behind Butler, Toler and Davis we have nothing.

Omg so that means josh Gordy plays. ... He's a piece of trash Cb... got killed against pitt.. Then he almost single handedly let Giants back in the game Pagano had to put vonte back in the game lol. We can't even rest vonte cus his back up will give 100 yds and a td in 5 mins

Purifoy was his own particular brand of awful late in the Giants game. Both he and Gordy were part of that one bad drive. 

Well they didn't this time lately they have been cutting them for one little slip up.

Don't be upset for the team having "team rules" and then following through if a player breaks those rules. It's up to the player to abide by those rules.

It's pretty simple for the players. Don't screw up.

It says a string of issues. It was something that happened more than once according to that tweet.

It couldn't have been because of that or he would have been cut sooner also if it was just because of that then the colts are stupid. Cut a guy who has a boat load of talent for a guy who really sucks nice move colts.

not thinking was because of that one incident, moreso maybe its an ongoing trend with him that culminated with something we haven't heard yet? Just connecting the dots

Well they just cut a guy that will be a great corner in this league and behind Butler, Toler and Davis we have nothing.

Dear God...

Epic logic fail.

1) It has yet to be determined if Purifoy will be an average corner in the league, let alone a "great" one.  

2) Your point that he was cut for one little slip up is complete nonsense especially in light of their injury situation.  Clearly it was more than just one little situation that led to his dismissal.  Is not too hard to see.

Omg so that means josh Gordy plays. ... He's a piece of trash Cb... got killed against pitt.. Then he almost single handedly let Giants back in the game Pagano had to put vonte back in the game lol. We can't even rest vonte cus his back up will give 100 yds and a td in 5 mins

Not all that uncommon nor that big of a problem from your 4th db. Just be glad its not our starters getting burned for a 100 in 5 min. Thats when ya got problems.

I know that those guys are hurt but am saying your rationale for cutting Purifoy in light of those injuries is not close to solid.

I was thinking more about the timing after the tweets came out could not be much worse if Davis Toler were to banged leaving a questionable Butler and a banged up Gordy must have really been on a shot leash . If either get banged up it leaves a FA signed this week to start .

Well, the beauty of this whole thing is that he goes to a team that has constant pass rush.  So they have to cover a shorter time and get more shots at interceptions.  So won't be long before people start talking about how we lost out on Burley and Purifoy.  Although I think Josh Gordy could get a few picks with the Seahawks.  Especially if Kraepernick is playing.

Don't be upset for the team having "team rules" and then following through if a player breaks those rules. It's up to the player to abide by those rules.

It's pretty simple for the players. Don't screw up.

Ya well they are going way too far with them discipline them don't cut them then if they screw up then cut them.

Purifoy, Rogers I mean both had potential to be good players and yet they have one slip and they are gone.

Neither of them were cut for one incident. You know that's not true, but you keep saying it. Purifoy came in with a significant record of questionable behavior, and was released after multiple internal issues. Rogers had a significant record as well, going back to college, and was released after a DUI arrest. Both players showed disregard for rules and authority (assuming what's being being reported about Purifoy is true), and now they're gone.

Well, the beauty of this whole thing is that he goes to a team that has constant pass rush.  So they have to cover a shorter time and get more shots at interceptions.  So won't be long before people start talking about how we lost out on Burley and Purifoy.  Although I think Josh Gordy could get a few picks with the Seahawks.  Especially if Kraepernick is playing.

not that sacks are a huge indicator of pressure because they aren't obviously but the seahawks only have 20 all year so far, I have only seen 1 game of theres though, they also only have 9 picks (as much as we do with 8 less sacks then we do)