Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Allen, Cherilus, and Toler out Sunday

PeterBowman

Have to watch out for those trap games though. Just because they're bad, doesn't mean its a done deal. Hell, the Raiders just beat one of the hottest teams in the league last night.

You know what they always say - "Any given Sunday, anything can happen." So if you are calling this one a trap game, all 16 are trap games. We are talking about playing against a divisional opponent, not the Raiders.

I was surprised to see the Raiders jump out to a big lead last night. The Chiefs probably are overrated. Whatever the reason, it was a reminder you should not expect a blowout just because the Jaguars are 1-9.

If we learned anything from last night's Raiders - Chiefs game, it's that there are no guaranteed wins. Let's not get too cute. If guys are healthy they should play, and the guys that are injured should rest up.

Chiefs are frauds though. Not as good as they show at times

Average team at best

No receiving threats. Charles is their offense. Then their front 7 is their defense outside of Eric Berry

I'd like to see Nixon get the start at RT.

Would like to see what Dewey McD could do as well.

Dewey is the man on Special Teams!

One thing about, we may lack on offense & defense but special teams come to play every time

Guess it helps when you have the best P in the league kicking too

Injuries happen. Gordy usually plays well enough on the outside (aside from the one drive late in the Giants game), Fleener has been blocking well this year and was terrific as a receiver against the Pats, and Cherilus has been nursing injuries all year, so a week off is a good thing for him. Hopefully Nixon is ready to play at RT (or Reitz, if necessary). 

Favorable matchup for us, at home vs. the Jags. I think we'll survive, and hopefully we're closer to full strength against Washington (they aren't very good, either). 

Hello, Kettle?

I think that statement could apply equally to our team. Don't look past the Jaguars, they might get lucky and have their game of the season against us as they have done before.

Exactly, we're frauds too. Nothing more than AFC South champs at the moment. We're not a top team. Middle of the pack kinda team. The kinda team that may beat a top opponent from time to time but for the most part can't hang with the elites. Which I'll take over the dreadful 2-14 season anyday

You know what they always say - "Any given Sunday, anything can happen." So if you are calling this one a trap game, all 16 are trap games. We are talking about playing against a divisional opponent, not the Raiders.

I was surprised to see the Raiders jump out to a big lead last night. The Chiefs probably are overrated. Whatever the reason, it was a reminder you should not expect a blowout just because the Jaguars are 1-9.

Trap games are ones that you SHOULD win, but can go into the game taking your opponent lightly and end up losing. And the Raiders reference was because they are a division rival of the Chiefs. Almost mirror situation. Top team in the division going up against the worst.

Trap games are ones that you SHOULD win, but can go into the game taking your opponent lightly and end up losing. And the Raiders reference was because they are a division rival of the Chiefs. Almost mirror situation. Top team in the division going up against the worst.

Not that it's really meaningful, but the Jags beat the Browns for their first win.  Except for a few players like QB, and maybe two WRs, the Browns have better personnel than we do (IMHO).

Again, it's not really saying much other than 'Any given Sunday...'.

especially Gosder....he needs the rest. Him playing hurt has become a detriment to the team. He needs to be healthy so he can play like he did last year.

Gosder has not been playing well this year, hopefully he will do better with the added time to heal.  I do wonder about the defense without Toler.  The Raiders showed again last night that no team should be taken lightly.

Hello, Kettle?

I think that statement could apply equally to our team.  Don't look past the Jaguars, they might get lucky and have their game of the season against us as they have done before.

Except Andrew Luck>Alex Smith  

Let's face it. Andrew, TY, Reggie, Fleener/Allen can practically win a game by themselves. Especially against the Jags.

Nixon should be an upgrade at RT running blocking 

Gordy on the outside I don't like, Its been a struggle for the Jags offense...Gordy being on the outside still creeps me out regardless of the Jags struggles, Im assuming these guys are not healthy enough to play otherwise they would be out there

Nixon should be an upgrade at RT running blocking 

Gordy on the outside I don't like, Its been a struggle for the Jags offense...Gordy being on the outside still creeps me out regardless of the Jags struggles, Im assuming these guys are not healthy enough to play otherwise they would be out there