Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chud working with the D

akcolt

We will see what happens... It's not like our defense doesn't need help..... Because it does for sure!!! I don't trust Greg Manusky yet! His scheme seems plain, simple, and vanilla and our defense hasn't shown much improvement. This is his 3rd season. If our defense can't stop anyone this year he may need to hit the road! Chud came in to help Pags. So he will be working with both sides at some point anyway! No worries.

Although you would think Chud would help the offense more than anything I think Pep learned a little lesson last season and will change what he does this season slightly. Maybe some better play calls. Only time will tell.

I am really not looking forward to dives into the weakest part of our team and third and long with all these weapons. Chud has been working with the D???  I am all for balance but our weapons might call for a little more wide open attack. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=8342&line=289080&spln=1

I want to see different looks, such as a couple of option plays, run-n-gun, and with our depth at receiver, i would like to see some run-n-shoot offense...similiar to what Moon did in Houston. Get 5 or 6 out there at the same time.  And of course the no huddle offense, which luck seems comfortable with.

I want to see different looks, such as a couple of option plays, run-n-gun, and with our depth at receiver, i would like to see some run-n-shoot offense...similiar to what Moon did in Houston. Get 5 or 6 out there at the same time.  And of course the no huddle offense, which luck seems comfortable with.

I would like us to be more aggressive as well before we fall behind like I don''t know maybe build a lead. You can throw to set up the run no shame in that. We have one of the best qb's let him work it

I would like us to be more aggressive as well before we fall behind like I don''t know maybe build a lead. You can throw to set up the run no shame in that. We have one of the best qb's let him work it

Can you imagine guys like wayne, hilton, rogers, moncrief and fleener on the field at the same time??? Wow....

Can you imagine guys like wayne, hilton, rogers, moncrief and fleener on the field at the same time??? Wow....

Which would work sometimes against lesser defenses but it makes it obvious what the offense is going to do...There is no hesitation on the defenses part as to what they should play, They would just line up in the Dime or Nickel, drop the ILB and rush rush 4

Which would work sometimes against lesser defenses but it makes it obvious what the offense is going to do...There is no hesitation on the defenses part as to what they should play, They would just line up in the Dime or Nickel, drop the ILB and rush rush 4

Yes, of course. It's quite clear what we're going to do, which is pass. But can they stop it??? I liked Buddy Ryan's attitude back in the day, of i'm going to pass and you're not going to stop it. Or i'm going to blitzcrieg you and you still can't throw. Some of those Eagle/Oiler team's were nasty.

Yes, of course. It's quite clear what we're going to do, which is pass. But can they stop it??? I liked Buddy Ryan's attitude back in the day, of i'm going to pass and you're not going to stop it. Or i'm going to blitzcrieg you and you still can't throw. Some of those Eagle/Oiler team's were nasty.

I agree they were, I also ama firm believer in setting using one play to set up the next while also letting the holes in a defense dictate where your going with the ball at times, Use short plays to go deep approach but that can be done out of any formation...That and I am salivating at the day we can impose our will physically and run the ball when we want

Tell me more about this 6 wr set. Would Rogers play the OT in that formation?

Yeah, 6 receiver sets do not exist. lol

Burls' Kid strikes again!!!! lol

Tell me more about this 6 wr set. Would Rogers play the OT in that formation?

Yeah, 6 receiver sets do not exist. lol

I think he means 3 WR's and 2 TE's when he said 5 but yeah lol 6? 

Which would work sometimes against lesser defenses but it makes it obvious what the offense is going to do...There is no hesitation on the defenses part as to what they should play, They would just line up in the Dime or Nickel, drop the ILB and rush rush 4

Yeah then you run it on them

Still early in the season im sure, Pep willl begin to look to Chud for advisement. The way i see it, the offense want the problem yesterday (Aside from the run which well lied with the Oline).The defense gave up too many plays, i dont mind Chud assisting on Defense if its gonna benefit them and make them better.

Still early in the season im sure, Pep willl begin to look to Chud for advisement. The way i see it, the offense want the problem yesterday (Aside from the run which well lied with the Oline).The defense gave up too many plays, i dont mind Chud assisting on Defense if its gonna benefit them and make them better.

Offense became part of the problem once injuries caught up with us. But even then we were going blow for blow with New England in the Divisional round

Offense became part of the problem once injuries caught up with us. But even then we were going blow for blow with New England in the Divisional round

Agreed the offense held there own despite injuries, it was the defense that proved to be a weak point. Well let me rephrase that very inconsistent because they showed flashes at some points.

We will see what happens... It's not like our defense doesn't need help..... Because it does for sure!!! I don't trust Greg Manusky yet! His scheme seems plain, simple, and vanilla and our defense hasn't shown much improvement. This is his 3rd season. If our defense can't stop anyone this year he may need to hit the road! Chud came in to help Pags. So he will be working with both sides at some point anyway! No worries.

Although you would think Chud would help the offense more than anything I think Pep learned a little lesson last season and will change what he does this season slightly. Maybe some better play calls. Only time will tell.

Our D shows Great Improvement. Manusky isn`t STUCK with Angerer, Mathews, Franklin, Moala, Sheppard, Conner, Harvey, Mathis`s run D (for now) Bethea`s pass D.

With ____ like that he had his hand tied behind his back.

PEP got it stuck to him with Grigson bringing back McGlynn, the Allen, Thomas & RB Injuries, and Pagano forcing Satele on him.

It is ALL different now, and i am sure he doesn`t think he needs Chud to do HIS Job.

Our D shows Great Improvement. Manusky isn`t STUCK with Angerer, Mathews, Franklin, Moala, Sheppard, Conner, Harvey, Mathis`s run D (for now) Bethea`s pass D.

With ____ like that he had his hand tied behind his back.

PEP got it stuck to him with Grigson bringing back McGlynn, the Allen, Thomas & RB Injuries, and Pagano forcing Satele on him.

It is ALL different now, and i am sure he doesn`t think he needs Chud to do HIS Job.

We will see! Plus we already have 1 person on injured reserve and it is June... Were 1/3 teams that have a player out for the year already! Not a good sign at all and I really hope injuries don't destroy our season this year!

I am all in for Chud to help anywhere, but isn't Chud an offensive coach? Am I mistaken?

Yeah, he is. Manusky's picking his brain to get the offense's pov:

"I can sit down with Chud for a good 30, 40 (minutes) to an hour and just melt through stuff that he did in Carolina and what he did in Cleveland as well," Manusky said. "It's a great addition for me to have a guy like that from an offensive perspective. Even though (Pagano) is here, it's still a defensive perspective. ... I understand, 'OK, I want to beat this protection.' But how do you actually beat it?. ... (Chudzinski explains,) 'Here's what the guard's thinking. This is what the center's thinking.' That helps me to come up with something that'll beat that protection.

"When we're breaking down tape of other teams we're going to be playing (this season), it's great to sit with him and (learn) why are they doing those things? You never really know as a defensive coordinator because you're never in those (offensive) meetings. When I sit with him for those hours, I'm listening to what he's thinking. It's those little things."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/06/11/exactly-coach-rob-chudzinski-colts/10342289/

I am really not looking forward to dives into the weakest part of our team and third and long with all these weapons. Chud has been working with the D???  I am all for balance but our weapons might call for a little more wide open attack. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=8342&line=289080&spln=1

In what way is this a bad thing? Chudzinski is helping the staff out in many different ways. It was never reasonable to expect that he was brought in to force Hamilton to change his offense.

Go 6 wide, wishbone formation, tackle eligible, and run the wildcat.

Fumblerooski flea flicker hook and ladder.  6th receiver does a comeback, center picks up the forward fumble, pitches to the HB who throws to the eligible tackle who then flips it ot the wide open 6th WR for an 80 yard touchdown on the first play of hte game.  Fool Proof.   FACT.  GAME OVER.

In what way is this a bad thing? Chudzinski is helping the staff out in many different ways. It was never reasonable to expect that he was brought in to force Hamilton to change his offense.

I was hoping that he would have a little input on the offensive side of the ball that is what he is "known" for right? Seems a bit strange that they haven't even compared notes or at least it hasn't been reported. I for one was not impressed with the O last year seemed like we kept trying to do the same thing that we didn't have the players to really do run straight up the middle. With all the weapons we have now I was hoping for an explosive attack that attacks before we fall behind. I am not saying none of that will happen.

I just thought it strange that Chud hadn't even talked to Pep thought I would put it on the board see what others thought. I am all for the D better understanding what the O is trying to do to you it will better prepare them to stop it.

I was hoping that he would have a little input on the offensive side of the ball that is what he is "known" for right? Seems a bit strange that they haven't even compared notes or at least it hasn't been reported. I for one was not impressed with the O last year seemed like we kept trying to do the same thing that we didn't have the players to really do run straight up the middle. With all the weapons we have now I was hoping for an explosive attack that attacks before we fall behind. I am not saying none of that will happen.

I just thought it strange that Chud hadn't even talked to Pep thought I would put it on the board see what others thought. I am all for the D better understanding what the O is trying to do to you it will better prepare them to stop it.

Chudzinski has a very vague, ambiguous title with the Colts. I think some of us filled that ambiguity with what we wanted to happen, but he's doing what Pagano wants him to do.

Pep's offense needs to grow and mature, and maybe Chudzinski will help with that, but it doesn't seem like that's specifically what they hired him for.

Chudzinski has a very vague, ambiguous title with the Colts. I think some of us filled that ambiguity with what we wanted to happen, but he's doing what Pagano wants him to do.

Pep's offense needs to grow and mature, and maybe Chudzinski will help with that, but it doesn't seem like that's specifically what they hired him for.

It still looks like he is Pagano's backup at HC if anything happens to Coach Chuck.

I want to see different looks, such as a couple of option plays, run-n-gun, and with our depth at receiver, i would like to see some run-n-shoot offense...similiar to what Moon did in Houston. Get 5 or 6 out there at the same time. And of course the no huddle offense, which luck seems comfortable with.

6 at the same time huh. Interesting. What team did you plaly for again... lmao

Fumblerooski flea flicker hook and ladder.  6th receiver does a comeback, center picks up the forward fumble, pitches to the HB who throws to the eligible tackle who then flips it ot the wide open 6th WR for an 80 yard touchdown on the first play of hte game.  Fool Proof.   FACT.  GAME OVER.

Rather conservative, but whatever