Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie concussion discussion (Merge)

Playoffs2013

I dont think we are done loading up on the WR position. I do think if a very good WR is there for us in the draft, we need to consider him.

Donnie Avery better be back in full flow. Otherwise, Wayne will be the only experienced wideout left behind.

I personally will give Collie one more concussion reprieve. If he has one more, then Colts should shut him down and let him decide whether he wants to pursue football or not.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he's okay, he's been one of my favorite players on the team, I really thought that he'd be able to avoid all those concussions. That injury is worse than any other injury you can get, its not like a knee where you can get surgery and maybe be a little slower, these head injures could really ruin his future.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - inappropriate

Time to send him on his way. The guy now gets cuncussed if a fan blows on him too hard. An injured player is a worthless player. He's about as dependable as Clark, Addai, Brackett, Bullitt, Sanders and the rest of those stallion Polian cornerstones.

This was a down right nasty post.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - response to removed comment
Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - response to removed comment

This was a down right nasty post.

Agreed. Though I think Collie is clearly going to knock himself dumb (literally) if indeed he's been concussed yet again and doesn't quit. Calling Austin "worthless" sounds a bit nasty.

Austin is (was) such a promising young receiver who had that great year with Manning, looked to be going nowhere but up, and then in that 2010 game....he got hit so hard he fell asleep before he even hit the ground.

This is scary stuff and I hope he clearly evaluates how this could affect him in 20 years.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - responding to removed post

Agreed. Though I think Collie is clearly going to knock himself dumb (literally) if indeed he's been concussed yet again and doesn't quit. Calling Austin "worthless" sounds a bit nasty.

Austin is (was) such a promising young receiver who had that great year with Manning, looked to be going nowhere but up, and then in that 2010 game....he got hit so hard he fell asleep before he even hit the ground.

This is scary stuff and I hope he clearly evaluates how this could affect him in 20 years.

I agree Ruk but I didn't like the nasty post about him being worthless and that is the first time I got mad at a poster. Pretty good for all the years I've been here. haha Right?

Really this sucks................... waht a ad

I dont think we are done loading up on the WR position. I do think if a very good WR is there for us in the draft, we need to consider him.

Donnie Avery better be back in full flow. Otherwise, Wayne will be the only experienced wideout left behind.

I personally will give Collie one more concussion reprieve. If he has one more, then Colts should shut him down and let him decide whether he wants to pursue football or not.

Collie just saved AVERY's job....

Obviously you do think about the guys help when you think about firing the guy when he gets the same injury.. but ive said this for a while now..

If Collie is targeted alot this season he will not get through the season healthy because of his habit of getting concussions, it is best he retires now or the colts let him go for his own well being... its a shame because he's developed into a great WR but if he does get a concussion from this game yes its time to let him go.

I'm thinkin' he's fine. Obviously the coaches/medical staff didn't want to test their luck, so they pulled him in a meaningless preseason game. He got right up didn't he? Let's hear the medical report before we start saying we need to cut the guy. He's a good WR, and one of the hardest workers in this league.

I love Collie same as most, and I hope its not concussions like symptoms, but I dont think he will be able to play out the season. Lets face it Austin is injury prone same with Avery. We do have a lot of young depth at WR but I would love to see us go out and pick up a legitimate #2 WR with some experience, size, speed and hands. Is their anyone like that out in the market still?

Come on, folks, have some patience here... Recalling what his other 2 concussions looked like, this event is either minor or nonexistent. He's being protected and scrutinized, and it's a worthless preseason game. Additionally, major concussions are markedly different than minor. I don't think this event precludes him from playing football medically any more than his status just prior to this game, unless it is in fact more than a minor concussion.

While he is at risk of another future concussion more than another given player, and another concussion for him would have more relevance than a given player, he knows this and chooses to play, and he is cleared to play.

My feeling is that he will be back, and that's not a crazy decision for him to return, but we'll see how it plays out... our opinions don't matter!

I was really hoping this would go the way of Dallas Clark where he had a season full of concision issues and then he had a full off-season off and it stopped being an issue. Tonight was very disturbing and I don't think it's an issue of should we let Collie go it's become an issue of is it in Collie's best interest to keep playing football.

What happened to Austin? I didn't noticed a big hit or something like that. Another concussion would be a big setback not only form him but also for the team. If he suffered another concussion I hope he at least consideres retirement from pro football don't wanna see some long term damage on him. Avery injury prone, Collie probably vulnerable of concussions and a lot of holes on the roster we could use 20 picks for next years draft :-)

Collie is a really good reciever and has/had a bright future ahead. Really sad to see these concussions trying to end all that so soon in his career. Personally,I cringe everytime I see him going over the middle laying it all on the line.IMO, Its time to walk away if indeed he had another one

If he did suffer concussion symptoms he just needs to call it quits. There is just to much evidence out there showing what repeated trauma to the brain does to a human. Playing a game just is not worth the suffering he will go through in his older years.

From a business stand the Colts better hope Avery can stay healthy because we cannot rely on Collie to be healthy all 16 games. We will be very thin when Collie goes down this season.

I'm just not sure if it was a concussion or not. There was hardly any contact with his head, and the little there was didn't seem near enough to cause a concussion...

Like some have said he went in to get tested for concussion symptoms, but we never heard the outcome of those. I'm guessing that Collie is going to go back and get tested if a defensive player even GLARES at his head to angrily. If it WAS a concussion, then I agree with the general sentiment that he needs to stop. There's more to life than playing football.