Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Clayton Surprised With His Visit To Colts Camp

krunk

Glad to see John Clayton finally realize that we do have a solid offense and Luck has tons of weapons. These so call "experts" keep bashing us for saying Luck has no one to pass it to besides Wayne.

Yep. But he had to stretch to say something good about the D. Our success depends on the crowd at home games? Yeah, I know what he means, but ... come on man... Just come out and say it's a work in progress Mr. Peabody!

Glad to see John Clayton finally realize that we do have a solid offense and Luck has tons of weapons. These so call "experts" keep bashing us for saying Luck has no one to pass it to besides Wayne.

I hope we have weapons. We have no idea what these guys can actually do.

Yep. But he had to stretch to say something good about the D. Our success depends on the crowd at home games? Yeah, I know what he means, but ... come on man... Just come out and say it's a work in progress Mr. Peabody!

I was waiting to see if anyone else noticed that part but me! I was saying to myself when I was listening "He stretching his commentary on the D.

Edited by Coltssouth
profanity

Jerraud Powers had a pick 6 on Andrew Luck today at practice and a bunch of "would've been" sacks but you can't touch Luck.

From colts.com

"Thursday's practice was a day for the defense as cornerback Jerraud Powers had an interception return for a touchdown.  Even though the quarterbacks cannot be taken down during practice, the whistle was blown several times to stop plays for would be sacks."

Jerraud Powers had a pick 6 on Andrew Luck today at practice and a bunch of "would've been" sacks but you can't touch Luck.

From colts.com

"Thursday's practice was a day for the defense as cornerback Jerraud Powers had an interception return for a touchdown. Even though the quarterbacks cannot be taken down during practice, the whistle was blown several times to stop plays for would be sacks."

That 2nd part of your Statement rises Two Scenarios.

1. GREAT Defense. Love to hear we're getting Pressure

2. Maybe that Pressure occured due to Poor O-Line play?

That 2nd part of your Statement rises Two Scenarios.

1. GREAT Defense. Love to hear we're getting Pressure

2. Maybe that Pressure occured due to Poor O-Line play?

Who knows..they just said it was a good day for the defense and luck had another efficient day in full pads

I'm even OK with Luck throwing all these interceptions now in practice. I think it's good for Luck to experience this. I guarantee he didn't face this in practice at Stanford!! And rarely even in games!!

I don't think Luck threw a Red Zone interception his last two years at Stanford.

This is learning the hard way.... the NFL... even below average NFL defenses, can still be pretty good. It's not as if he needs it, but ever pick is a lesson learned the hard way. These. Guys. Are. Good. Get used to it -- Fast!!

I'm even OK with Luck throwing all these interceptions now in practice. I think it's good for Luck to experience this. I guarantee he didn't face this in practice at Stanford!! And rarely even in games!!

I don't think Luck threw a Red Zone interception his last two years at Stanford.

This is learning the hard way.... the NFL... even below average NFL defenses, can still be pretty good. It's not as if he needs it, but ever pick is a lesson learned the hard way. These. Guys. Are. Good. Get used to it -- Fast!!

Reportedly, Thursday's practice was very intense. The team practiced 3rd down situations and red zone situations... Seems like our D is better than thought. Let' see the pre-season, those games will reflect more about our new team.

About time they come "see" whats changed and being done instead of taking last years team and making future predictions off of! Total different animal..the Monster!

I completely agree!

The media is still talking like Painter and Linkenbach are still starters at QB and RT respectively. Defense has gotten bigger and more experienced with the likes of Redding, Zbikowski, McKinney and Chapman. The coaching has improved immensely!

And the lack of weapons? Added the two best TEs in the draft and a couple of burners at WR - only lost Garcon with the insecure hands but playmaking ability, and a fast decling Clark who no team was in a rush to sign.

The team's not winning a Super Bowl, but don't debate whether the Colts can compete!

Thursday's practice was super intense... 2 skirmishes broke out within 10 minute of each other... But the defense was giving the O-line fits with Frathis moving around and switching positions. There were several times where Mathis would be on the right and Freeney on the left and right before the snap they would switch or both be on the same side... It was pretty neat to watch.

Also, the D was extremely vocal, which led to one of the fights, and you can tell they are trying to get inside the rookies heads. Luck didn't seem phased by any of it.

Definitely a fun practice to watch. I am looking forward to the first pre-season game for sure!

Thursday's practice was super intense... 2 skirmishes broke out within 10 minute of each other... But the defense was giving the O-line fits with Frathis moving around and switching positions. There were several times where Mathis would be on the right and Freeney on the left and right before the snap they would switch or both be on the same side... It was pretty neat to watch.

Also, the D was extremely vocal, which led to one of the fights, and you can tell they are trying to get inside the rookies heads. Luck didn't seem phased by any of it.

Definitely a fun practice to watch. I am looking forward to the first pre-season game for sure!

Why would Luck be phased? He knows he will not be hit.

There are signs at camp that say Video is Strinctly Prohibited.

And Luck could be phased knowing the he just got "sacked"... He still stays cool and steps up to make the throw. And also, he isn't seemingly phased by all the chatter and trash talk. Just looks very calm and cool in at the line and in the pocket.

This upcoming season is going to be awesome. How can it not! After that horrible season and not bringing back Manning, it can only get better. Even if we only win 3 games its better than last year but I have this crazy gut feeling that "WE ARE GOING TO SHOCK THE NFL WORLD". I cant explain it but it is most likely my passion and optimism that I hold for our COLTS. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to admit the offense has looked good especially Fleener, Wayne, Luck, and a few others......That offensive line on the other hand well......

Can you just assume that we all know your opinion about the o'line and not feel the need to voice that same opinion wherever you are able to slide it in. The horse is dead. Not kind of dead. Not mostly dead. It is all dead.

At least someone showed up at Colts camp!! I was beginning to wonder if the only camp coverage we'd see was ESPN at Jets camp EVERY DAY earlier this week. I'm so sick of Tim Tebow mania in NY and the season hasn't even started. Guess I'd better get used to it, because it's NY and ESPN, so we'll be bombarded with that and all the Patriots stuff, as usual. Of course, the interview with Clayton was not aired on ESPN, but maybe he made mention of Colts camp. I've been watching so much Olympic coverage that I've been able to avoid ESPN for the most part.

But, it's all good...we can sneak up on the league this year, or at least the "experts."

At least someone showed up at Colts camp!! I was beginning to wonder if the only camp coverage we'd see was ESPN at Jets camp EVERY DAY earlier this week. I'm so sick of Tim Tebow mania in NY and the season hasn't even started. Guess I'd better get used to it, because it's NY and ESPN, so we'll be bombarded with that and all the Patriots stuff, as usual. Of course, the interview with Clayton was not aired on ESPN, but maybe he made mention of Colts camp. I've been watching so much Olympic coverage that I've been able to avoid ESPN for the most part.

But, it's all good...we can sneak up on the league this year, or at least the "experts."

This is why NFL Network is your friend...if you are able to get it. They have done a decent job of covering the Colts camp activities as well as those of other teams around the league.

Regarding Clayton's comments, nice to hear that he was surprised by our offensive weapons. But I am more excited that the defense is showing a bit of a nasty edge! A few camp scuffles can actually be a good thing so long as no one is seriously hurt. No more soft Colts. I like the tone Pagano is setting in camp.

This is why NFL Network is your friend...if you are able to get it. They have done a decent job of covering the Colts camp activities as well as those of other teams around the league.

Regarding Clayton's comments, nice to hear that he was surprised by our offensive weapons. But I am more excited that the defense is showing a bit of a nasty edge! A few camp scuffles can actually be a good thing so long as no one is seriously hurt. No more soft Colts. I like the tone Pagano is setting in camp.

I do get NFL Network and thanks for reminding me I need to watch them a lot more. I'm liking what I hear from camp so far, too. More aggressiveness on defense, which will help our offense leading up to the season. The Monster is being built!