Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why the Monster will take down the Bears... Chime in

Michael Lebron

1. Bears have no clue as to what we do defensively or offensively personnel wise. Obviously the 3-4 is the 3-4, however they will not have film to study play call tendencies nor player tendencies.

2. Our O line will give protect Luck and he will have time to throw the ball.

3. Fleenor will make their linebackers cover.

4. T.Y. will splash on the scene with two huge returns..

If you are curious to how I can make such predictions, heck I figured if those guys on tv can do it and get paid for it, surely I can cover my team for free.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Bears have no clue as to what we do defensively or offensively personnel wise. Obviously the 3-4 is the 3-4, however they will not have film to study play call tendencies nor player tendencies.

2. Our O line will give protect Luck and he will have time to throw the ball.

3. Fleenor will make their linebackers cover.

4. T.Y. will splash on the scene with two huge returns..

If you are curious to how I can make such predictions, heck I figured if those guys on tv can do it and get paid for it, surely I can cover my team for free.

the Bears play the old Cover '2' with Brian Urlacher being the 'freak' who covers folks.

But he does not know what Fleenr can do and may underestimate his speed.

Luck's strength is accuracy and he may be able to pick apart a soft 'cover 2' (we know all about that)....

....our young line wont have to protect verty long becaues we're not going deep

The Bears are getting away from the 7-step drop stuff and they want Jay Cutler to throw quickly.

If we can confuse him (our new "d' coaches' specialty) and make him hold the ball....their line may not be able to protect him....

Plus Donald Brown will outgain Matt Forte :yes:

If we dont let Peppers, McLellin, and the other pass rushers get in Luck's face too much, he could take advantage of their soft pass D. He will have to out score Cutler, Marshall, and Forte, which I don't see happening.

Because our D is going to confuse them (not hard to confuse Cutler) and force mistakes...

Because our O-line will be big and mean and have something to prove...

Because our Running Back by committee has several different running styles that will confuse their Defense...

Because A-Luck will have the NECK BEARD...

And lastely... Because DA BEARS still don't have a replacement for DITKA! (SNL reference anyone?)

Only way we win is if Luck gets protection behind the O Line and our Corners actually show they have something that at least closely resembles cover skills, the Bears have several pass rushers and likely to many for our average to slightly below average O Line to block

First game against the Bears we will be the underdogs and rightfully so.

I think the game will be very interesting. Everything will be so new for us the fans and opponents.

If we can pull off a win in Chicago then we'll be 3-0 at our bye week. Mark it down!!!

Pumped for the season to begin!!! :)

1. Forte was about 45% of the Bears offense last year. That is skewed since they won't be under Mike Martz this year, but it's still a staple of the team. With Forte holding out, it could mean either a Chris Johnson-type start to the season or Michael Bush. Not a lock, but it could be worse.

2. The 3-4 is designed to stop the run/pressure the QB. Our front 7 is good enough (on paper) to do both in my opinion.

3. The Bears O-line is arguably the worst in the NFL. With #98 and #93 blitzing from anywhere they choose, we should be able to make Cutler shaky and make a lot of mistakes.

4. Mismatches. Nobody is going to be able to cover Fleener. They'll double Wayne which should leave Collie, Fleener or Allen to expose the middle of the field for consistent yards...like the Colts were always exposed last year.

5. Brandon Marshall. Everyone is so scared of Marshall, but he leads the NFL in dropped passes over the past 3 seasons with 35 missed opportunities. That's worse than Garcon! Will he even play week 1? He might still be getting a suspension from punching that woman in the face. I'm not sure..

it should be an interesting game.

It's going to be an uphill battle and I honestly have no clue what to expect. I am glad though the game week 1 is away (less pressure from the fans) and against a team we are heavy underdogs against (low expectations.)

If the Colts can win the battles up front they have a shot. But, I have to see more of what we are working with here and that includes the Bears too.

For Gods sakes, I saw a pathetic Packers pass rush toss Cutler around in Chicago last year......

I still remember the opener in 2008 though and it burns me. Nobody gave THOSE Bears a shot.

The Bears with Cutler, Forte, and that monster defense are a top seven team. It's not set in stone, but a rookie quarterback's first game against a team like this usually ends with bad results.

did remedy really just say not even Peyton could Win this? Did we not beat the Bears and become Super Bowl Champs? -__-

Yea, but now they have Jay Cutler and it probably wont rain :D. Oh, and they still have Devin Hester.

Still not afraid of Jay Cutler, which makes me not afraid of Marshall. Plus you never know what the new year will have in store for RBs, especially 1 that I believe is coming off a knee or foot injury, I forget. Did you notice I didn't explain why Cutler doesn't scare me? Exactly.

I mean Colts could easily lose BUT I think they have a good chance to win also, that's why the Bears don't scare me. Now if we were facing the Pats, Pack, Texans then I'd say we don't have a good chance to win and I'm so scared.

Why do we not have a chance to beat the Texans or Pats?

I said we don't have a good chance to beat them. Texans are a very well rounded, proven team and Brady's offense is probably too much for the Colts D to handle which gives Luck too much to over come....for now anyway.

haharotflmao:lol:Now, that was funny Smonroe!!!

I think the kid in the chair could probably beat our CBs.

All joking aside, anything is possible. But I don't see how we compare with the Bears, O or D. Our D has two pro bowl players in new positions, one great safety, a decent LB in Angerer, and a bunch of guys who wouldn't start on most teams.

No one even knows who our O line starters are, much less if they'll be any good. One great WR, and a lot of guys just learning to adjust to NFL speed. I think we're on the right track, but I'm certainly not confident about beating anyone on our schedule.

Just trying to keep it real...

All joking aside, anything is possible. But I don't see how we compare with the Bears, O or D. Our D has two pro bowl players in new positions, one great safety, a decent LB in Angerer, and a bunch of guys who wouldn't start on most teams.

No one even knows who our O line starters are, much less if they'll be any good. One great WR, and a lot of guys just learning to adjust to NFL speed. I think we're on the right track, but I'm certainly not confident about beating anyone on our schedule.

But we have Luck!

You said it yourself.......we have 2 pro bowlers. Freeny is a good pass rusher and Mathis is a football player. I do not care what position you put Mathis in he is going to make plays. Freeny is here to get to the QB and he is pretty darn good at it.

As far as guys who would not start for most teams............Redding, Chapman and Nevis make a pretty formidable d-line I believe. Nevis and Redding have already started for NFL teams. Now put the 2 pro bowlers at the line of scrimmage outside of Redding, Chapman and Nevis and that is going to be a problem for the Bears O-line.

As you mentioned Bethea is solid and lets not forget Conner. Powers is no slouch and Zibowski is competent.

Thats 10 solid or pro bowl playes on D and only 11 play........how terrible can it be? Cant be any worse then it has been.

Seahawks took one to the distance vs the Ravens in ST, so did the Cardinals last year. Marwan Maalouf was ST assistant behind Jerry Rosburg, their current ST co-ordinator. Based on this, the Ravens had a TERRIBLE special teams last year (http://wnst.net/word...al-teams-needs/). It says:

According to footballoutsiders.com, the Ravens’ special teams ranked 30th in the league (1 spot higher than Indy) in a percentage contrived from efficiency in field goals, kickoffs, kickoff returns, punts, and punt returns. Looking from a more simplistic stance, Rosburg’s units struggled in both kickoff coverage (31st) and punt coverage (24th) and allowed three returns for touchdowns.

So, let us cut Maalouf some slack because he was an assistant, not the actual ST co-ordinator. But odds are, Hester takes one to the house in punt returns at Soldier Field :(.

Next, our O-line's center is the key. The Bears are notorious pocket pushers in the middle and if our center cannot hold up like our HOF center Jeff Saturday that left us, GAME OVER. Luck, who will have a hard enough time getting used to the Bears' team speed on D, will be running for his life with pressure from the middle and the edges which is a given, IMO.

I doubt the Colts break 20 points and the Bears probably do. Bears win 27-13. Our D might keep it close enough but the Bears will generate field position with their ST and D that will result in easy scores.

you guys are assuming forte will play. whos to say he dont hold out? remember he was tagged when he wanted an extension. they then signed Michael bush. but either way thats all they have is a running game. their oline is no different from last year when cutler spent more time laying down on his back then upright.

i believe the secondary has alot to prove and will be out to shut sports writers up. this is actually the game they can. with a mediocre QB for the bears they should pick him off atleast twice.

Colts 27

Bears - 21

Colts shock the world

you guys are assuming forte will play. whos to say he dont hold out? remember he was tagged when he wanted an extension. they then signed Michael bush. but either way thats all they have is a running game. their oline is no different from last year when cutler spent more time laying down on his back then upright.

i believe the secondary has alot to prove and will be out to shut sports writers up. this is actually the game they can. with a mediocre QB for the bears they should pick him off atleast twice.

Colts 27

Bears - 21

Colts shock the world

Forte is not the Bears only offensive weapon. They now have Brandon Marshall, and honestly, all they need is Michael Bush to establish the run and allow Cutler to get some good looks in the passing game. Let's not forget, he has made due with a mediocre core of receivers, including a special teams guy acting as his number one. Forte only scored three touchdowns for the Bears in 2011...So despite that line, Cutler still found a way to win games. They should not be underestimated, heck, they were 7-3 before Cutler went down. Can the Colts win? Any given Sunday. Is it likely? That's the question.

Still not afraid of Jay Cutler, which makes me not afraid of Marshall. Plus you never know what the new year will have in store for RBs, especially 1 that I believe is coming off a knee or foot injury, I forget. Did you notice I didn't explain why Cutler doesn't scare me? Exactly.

Yeah! We held Marshall to a measly 21 receptions last time we played him.

Let's see... Are our DBs better or is his QB worse than 09?