Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why the Monster will take down the Bears... Chime in

Michael Lebron

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No that would be when we beat the packers or pats :)

Number 12s squaring off in Green Bay, one already established in greatness and the other just starting. This one is probably going to attract a lot of media attention lol, especially if the boys in blue manage to pull out the W.

It would be the biggest upset of the 2012 season lol.

It would? Week 1 upsets..well they happen. It's week 1. And well, a few teams probably WILL get upset. You just have to wait and see who it is.

The Bears were not even in the playoffs last year. I don't care that they lost fancy pants Cutler either, I thought it might be tough for them to get in period. They are in the same division as GB and Detroit....if they lost or struggled week 1 then their fans will have panic attacks.

Here is the one saving grace for Indy; the Bears are obsessed with the Pack. They go to the GB week 2 on a Thursday night. Perhaps we can hope they are looking ahead mentally to that game which they probably will lose anyway.

The beauty of this game for the Colts is that they are heavy underdogs. If they get blown out nobody will be suprised. If they lose a close one or dare I say it......sneak in a win then it will be suprising.

BTW I always thought Lovie Smith was really really overrated.

It would? Week 1 upsets..well they happen. It's week 1. And well, a few teams probably WILL get upset. You just have to wait and see who it is.

The Bears were not even in the playoffs last year. I don't care that they lost fancy pants Cutler either, I thought it might be tough for them to get in period. They are in the same division as GB and Detroit....if they lost or struggled week 1 then their fans will have panic attacks.

Here is the one saving grace for Indy; the Bears are obsessed with the Pack. They go to the GB week 2 on a Thursday night. Perhaps we can hope they are looking ahead mentally to that game which they probably will lose anyway.

The beauty of this game for the Colts is that they are heavy underdogs. If they get blown out nobody will be suprised. If they lose a close one or dare I say it......sneak in a win then it will be suprising.

I still think that had Cutler been healthy, he would have posed a serious challenge to the Lions and probably a slight threat to the Packers. The two games he played against them were lost by a small margin, hardly two scores. And yes you're right about the upsets in week 1...But when it's a defensive juggernaut playing a rookie, the upset is even less likely. But we'll see how it goes. Chicago will be game planning for Green Bay, but I think most teams are fired up the most at the beginning and end of every season. If it is a close one or the Colts win I'll be pleasantly surprised. Just imagine what a win like this would do for Luck's morale.

Keep in mind as well that the bears are favored to win but only by 10 points which considering how we played last year and the big change we have gone throught this off season is almost in a way a credit tothe colts and a knock on the bears. You would think they would be picking them to smash us by 30pts. But We do have to understand as well that the bears never really have been explosive on offense. They rely on that defense to score and give extra opportunities to the offense. Their D is aging though so that is something to keep in mind. I think if the colts come out motivated and mentally ready that we can give them a run for thier money. I think its gonna be close either way. Unless our offensive line plays like total crap and causes luck to get sacked 5 times and throw two picks. But if they perform and defense plays to a decent quality then I think we will be right there toe to toe in the fourth qtr. I do think we are gonna be able to create alot off miss matches with Fleener and Allen then Avery outside stretching that D. We could see some big plays and that bears D could get taken by surprise if we play well.

I still think that had Cutler been healthy, he would have posed a serious challenge to the Lions and probably a slight threat to the Packers. The two games he played against them were lost by a small margin, hardly two scores. And yes you're right about the upsets in week 1...But when it's a defensive juggernaut playing a rookie, the upset is even less likely. But we'll see how it goes. Chicago will be game planning for Green Bay, but I think most teams are fired up the most at the beginning and end of every season. If it is a close one or the Colts win I'll be pleasantly surprised. Just imagine what a win like this would do for Luck's morale.

I am not expecting the Colts to win this game week 1. But, to be honest, even if we had Peyton I might not expect to win it either. It's how the week 1 cookie often crumbles......I picked the Colts to lose the last two years opening up in Houston months before the game happened.

On the flip side, I can never count out a win either. It is again how the week 1 cookie crumbles, you know? A lot of cookie talk.

Besides, I might bring my bow and arrow to the game and aim them straight at large Bears looking to harm innocent Colts.;)

I am not expecting the Colts to win this game week 1. But, to be honest, even if we had Peyton I might not expect to win it either. It's how the week 1 cookie often crumbles......I picked the Colts to lose the last two years opening up in Houston months before the game happened.

On the flip side, I can never count out a win either. It is again how the week 1 cookie crumbles, you know? A lot of cookie talk.

Besides, I might bring my bow and arrow to the game and aim them straight at large Bears looking to harm innocent Colts. ;)

Get the guys some cookies and Gatorade before the game starts and they'll play like monsters. :D Speaking of 18, I wonder if he'll tune in to this game to check out the new team, coaches, and "Guy". And against a team he beat in the Super Bowl! Oh the drama lol.

Get the guys some cookies and Gatorade before the game starts and they'll play like monsters. :D Speaking of 18, I wonder if he'll tune in to this game to check out the new team, coaches, and "Guy". And against a team he beat in the Super Bowl! Oh the drama lol.

TBH I still maintain that the Colts will get a win over a GOOD/playoff team next year. Who it is I don't know. And no please let us not count Houston.....sheesh. ;)

BTW Qwiz, I finally checked out the schedule for the Texans. It looks pretty doable for Houston. Also, I had a dream the other night the Browns started 0-8. Which means........THE COLTS BEAT THE BROWNS. We will win a game!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly can't believe the ones who are completely doubting us winning. You people act like UPSETS don't happen. Ex: Chiefs hand Pack their 1st Loss. We have a chance to WIN this game. Not saying we will, but any given Sunday can be a shock. And stop acting like the Bears are a dominate team. Thier offense is 95% Forte. Marshall can't do anything with that pathetic 5 guys they call an o-line. and Cutler is an AVERAGE QB, he's not the best. We can WIN this. What CB on the Bears can stick Wayne? What LB can stick Fleener? The Bears are getting OLD on Defense. We give Luck time, and watch our Young Talent run all over soldier field like it's a Track meet

This person isn't acting like upsets don't happen. This person is being realistic (I know this might seem strange). On defense they might be getting a year older, but they are not really an old team. They're older on offense than they are defense. Briggs and Urlacher are the only real starters on D that are 'old'. You make it seem like we didn't get older on defense either. We got older just like everyone else did pretty much. The comment on Cutler being an average QB is just funny. Did you not see the Bears before Cutler and Forte got hurt? If you did then don't act like they were just an average team before those two got hurt. They were not dominant, but they were playing very well. Sure we can win this, but that doesn't mean we have great shot at doing so. The Bears O-line only gets better with Gabe Carimi back and healthy and them getting more experience. Bears play man and zone they aren't just going to play us straight the entire game. We do have a shot at beating the Bears, but let's not get carried away and think it's a great shot. Cutler is an above average, the Bears defense is solid, their special teams is clearly better than ours and we're a complete unknown because of roster and scheme changes.

TBH I still maintain that the Colts will get a win over a GOOD/playoff team next year. Who it is I don't know. And no please let us not count Houston.....sheesh. ;)

BTW Qwiz, I finally checked out the schedule for the Texans. It looks pretty doable for Houston. Also, I had a dream the other night the Browns started 0-8. Which means........THE COLTS BEAT THE BROWNS. We will win a game!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the game against the Texans shouldn't count, that is like the Super Bowl, it happens every year lol. I can see an upset against New England in the making. Yes, the schedule is quite doable, hahaha, I was pretty happy when it came out myself. We'll still lose some unexpected ones though, but, oddly enough, it is to be expected. And about your dream...did the Colts start off 8-0? Because if they did that means you guys are gonna beat Chicago, Green Bay, and NYJ as well. If you don't beat Cleveland this year, many fans will probably be :hide: Hahahaha lol.

Yeah, the game against the Texans shouldn't count, that is like the Super Bowl, it happens every year lol. I can see an upset against New England in the making. Yes, the schedule is quite doable, hahaha, I was pretty happy when it came out myself. We'll still lose some unexpected ones though, but, oddly enough, it is to be expected. And about your dream...did the Colts start off 8-0? Because if they did that means you guys are gonna beat Chicago, Green Bay, and NYJ as well. If you don't beat Cleveland this year, many fans will probably be :hide: Hahahaha lol.

I did not mention the Colts record since it was slightly uncertain. You see, in the dream (and maybe the heat has been making me have these dreams) the Colts after 7 games were (as someone told me in the dream) 3-4 or 4-3. I don't know which one.

Either way, each record is not horrible for what many predict for this team at that point is it.

. :spit:

Heck even last years team beat the texans...

The last 2 yrs Cutler has been sacked about 80x. Part of it is his own fault. He holds on to the ball too long. That'll give the Colts added incentive to knock the ball loose. It'll be a good game. 28-24 Colts. PLUS this is a revenge game for the Colts. When Lucas Oil Stadium opened up,the Bears were the 1st team the Colts played. The final score was not good. Redemption time.

Heck even last years team beat the texans...
best case scenario Colts go 7-9. Worst case 5-11 & get either the # 6,7 or 8th pick on the draft. The 7 teams that will do worse than the Colts

Jax

Cardinals

Browns

Vikes

Miami

Redskins might be close

Rams

best case scenario Colts go 7-9. Worst case 5-11 & get either the # 6,7 or 8th pick on the draft. The 7 teams that will do worse than the Colts

Jax

Cardinals

Browns

Vikes

Miami

Redskins might be close

Rams

I think that Miami, Washington and possibly even the Rams if Bradford stays healthy, will all finish better than we will.

While i think we are heading in the right direction and within a couple years we will be a good team again, it WILL take some time and i fully expect at least one or two pretty bad seasons, until we get the players we need at the positions we need them in.

And on to the original thread topic, i really expect the Bears to be a good team this year and challenge for the division and definitely make the playoffs (they're a team i feel could make the super bowl, actually). They have improved the RB position with Forte AND Bush now, and have finally got a good WR, who also already has chemistry with Cutler...and Cutler IS a good QB, he just hasnt had any weapons nor an O Line since he left Denver.

I live in Chicagoland, and am a Bears hater.

My brother-in-law is a big, over the top, Bears fan.

About a month ago we were talking about Fantasy Football, & Football in general. He goes on this rant how he can't wait to go up against the Pack in week two, how he hates the Packers, and what he hopes the Bears do to them.

After about a 15 minute rant on the topic, he turns to me and asks 'Who do the Colts play week 1?'

I smiled at him a moment and told him that's exactly what I hope is going on.

He then realized what I meant and started to worry a little.

Boy, talk about under the radar.

I live in Chicagoland, and am a Bears hater.

My brother-in-law is a big, over the top, Bears fan.

About a month ago we were talking about Fantasy Football, & Football in general. He goes on this rant how he can't wait to go up against the Pack in week two, how he hates the Packers, and what he hopes the Bears do to them.

After about a 15 minute rant on the topic, he turns to me and asks 'Who do the Colts play week 1?'

I smiled at him a moment and told him that's exactly what I hope is going on.

He then realized what I meant and started to worry a little.

Boy, talk about under the radar.

Exactly! That's one thing we have going for us. The others, like people have already posted, are that we're an unknown on both sides of the ball, and ... Stuff... Happens the first week.

Realistically though, the Bears won their division two years ago and were 7-3 before Cutler went done last year. And they've added Marshall. I think it could be the biggest spread in week 1.

Keep in mind as well that the bears are favored to win but only by 10 points which considering how we played last year and the big change we have gone throught this off season is almost in a way a credit tothe colts and a knock on the bears. You would think they would be picking them to smash us by 30pts.

There's a reason for that. We all know how bad the Colts were last season, right? So here's a little thought exercise. Think for a moment and tell me how many games the Colts lost by 30 points last season. I'll wait a moment.

If the number that you came up with is greater than one, you are wrong. The only game that the Colts lost by 30 points last season was the megablowout against the Saints. Here is the margin of defeat for the 14 games that the Colts lost last season...

If you look at those numbers from last season, a 10-point spread may be a little low....but I wouldn't realistically expect anything much greater than 14, especially for the first game of the season. The reason the Bears are not favored by 30 is because that just generally does not happen in the NFL, even when really bad teams play good teams. Add in the general consensus that the Bears are not a top-tier team, and I don't find a 10-point spread to be that surprising.

On a side note, in how many games do you think that the Colts even allowed 30 points last season (let alone lost by 30)? The answer, including the Saints game, is four.

Everyone is talking about Colts rookies being good in this game and Bears only having 1 WR.. I live love the Colts but am from South Carolina and I think the Bears got a steal in the draft in Alshon Jeffrey.. You never know how rookies pan out but I wouldnt be surprised if he outdoes Brandon Marshall.. The guy is sick!

There's a reason for that. We all know how bad the Colts were last season, right? So here's a little thought exercise. Think for a moment and tell me how many games the Colts lost by 30 points last season. I'll wait a moment.

If the number that you came up with is greater than one, you are wrong. The only game that the Colts lost by 30 points last season was the megablowout against the Saints. Here is the margin of defeat for the 14 games that the Colts lost last season...

If you look at those numbers from last season, a 10-point spread may be a little low....but I wouldn't realistically expect anything much greater than 14, especially for the first game of the season. The reason the Bears are not favored by 30 is because that just generally does not happen in the NFL, even when really bad teams play good teams. Add in the general consensus that the Bears are not a top-tier team, and I don't find a 10-point spread to be that surprising.

On a side note, in how many games do you think that the Colts even allowed 30 points last season (let alone lost by 30)? The answer, including the Saints game, is four.

Very solid points! And when you look at the average of how much we lost by which was about 14, thats not real bad considering how bad our team was overall. I really think there is going to be a fair amount of improvement in certian areas this year which hopefully means alot of close games and some exra Colts wins.

As a point of comparison, here are the margins of defeat for the Detroit Lions during their 0-16 season:

2 losses in the 30s

3 losses in the 20s

3 losses in the teens

and 8 losses of 10 or less

I don't know if it is worth noting that they also got beat down by the Saints or not. That was the 35-point loss.

I guess my point is that the difference between the really bad teams and the average to good teams in the NFL is not as wide as you would tend to think.

Hard work wins over talent when talent does not work hard. Or so they say. Thats assuming the Bears players are not working hard. (which I find hard to believe).

No one really knows what to nexpect from this team. I hear 3-13, 6-10, 8-8. Any way you look at it, its just speculation. Play hard, limit mistakes, take advantage of any opportunities that are givin and we should do well. We have the talent and the chemistry will soon follow.

Ok has anyone even seen a bears game since cutlers been there? the guy is a crazy good QB and i respect the heck out of him. the plays hes made behind that oline is unbelievable. and forte is not "95%" of their offense, cutler is. now hes in a much better system that hes very excited about and hes back with Marshall who more motivated than ever. remember the last time we played the cutler marshall tandem? they set a record for most completions together, 21! they are superbowl contenders this year and may be the best team in that division, we'll just have to see. it'll be a tough game but a good test for andrew. cover 2 sounds like a cupcake but they play it better than anyone and the only reason their defense looked bad was cuz it was on the field like the whole stinkin game, nobodys d looks good when that happens.

Ok has anyone even seen a bears game since cutlers been there? the guy is a crazy good QB and i respect the heck out of him. the plays hes made behind that oline is unbelievable. and forte is not "95%" of their offense, cutler is. now hes in a much better system that hes very excited about and hes back with Marshall who more motivated than ever. remember the last time we played the cutler marshall tandem? they set a record for most completions together, 21! they are superbowl contenders this year and may be the best team in that division, we'll just have to see. it'll be a tough game but a good test for andrew. cover 2 sounds like a cupcake but they play it better than anyone and the only reason their defense looked bad was cuz it was on the field like the whole stinkin game, nobodys d looks good when that happens.

Da Bears are no way the best team in that div. the Packers have the WR core in the NFL & not just saying that b/c I'm a fan. When Cutler & Marshall were in Denver they couldn't get along. The Bears WR core isn't that deep. Marshall is the only WR they talk about. Where was Cutler on the top 100? I don't recall him on it. Rodgers was #1. Bears might have a better running game. We've beat the Bears the last 4 out of 5x including the playoffs. Bears are good but the Packers rule that div.

The Bears are who we THINK they are.

Then the season starts.

Da Bears are no way the best team in that div. the Packers have the WR core in the NFL & not just saying that b/c I'm a fan. When Cutler & Marshall were in Denver they couldn't get along. The Bears WR core isn't that deep. Marshall is the only WR they talk about. Where was Cutler on the top 100? I don't recall him on it. Rodgers was #1. Bears might have a better running game. We've beat the Bears the last 4 out of 5x including the playoffs. Bears are good but the Packers rule that div.

lol, whats a packers fan doing commenting on a colts forum anyway??? well we'll see, but between the lions and the bears, packers are not the best team in that division and rodgers is not the best qb in the league. and ive never agreed with how wonderful the recievers are... besides packers D sucked worse than the colts did last year lol

The Bears are who we THINK they are.

Then the season starts.

yeah but two years ago they were in the NFC championship game and last year were ballin till cutler anf forte went down. just saying that our young colts are in for a good hard fought game they probably wont win... but reggie usually has no problem with thier secondary, so bottom line is it'll be a great game i have no doubt!