Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why the Monster will take down the Bears... Chime in

Michael Lebron

1. Bears have no clue as to what we do defensively or offensively personnel wise. Obviously the 3-4 is the 3-4, however they will not have film to study play call tendencies nor player tendencies.

2. Our O line will give protect Luck and he will have time to throw the ball.

3. Fleenor will make their linebackers cover.

4. T.Y. will splash on the scene with two huge returns..

If you are curious to how I can make such predictions, heck I figured if those guys on tv can do it and get paid for it, surely I can cover my team for free.

.................agree with everything except Hilton and returns. Grigson stated that Hilton was drafted to be a receiver. Not saying he won't be a return man, but I think someone else will do it if they prove they can. Of course I could be wrong, but I think Hilton will be the 3rd receiver behind Wayne and Collie..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did remedy really just say not even Peyton could Win this? Did we not beat the Bears and become Super Bowl Champs? -__-

Yes, they beat the Bears five and a half years ago. How anybody thinks that is relevant now, I'm not really sure.

If in fact Castonzo isnt healthy Peppers could have a career day against him.......honestly even if Castonzo was healthy he still might and I dont know if our Guards can handle the strength of there defensive tackles on the bull rush and if and likely when Marshall plays he will shred our Corners to pieces

1. Bears have no clue as to what we do defensively or offensively personnel wise. Obviously the 3-4 is the 3-4, however they will not have film to study play call tendencies nor player tendencies.

2. Our O line will give protect Luck and he will have time to throw the ball.

3. Fleenor will make their linebackers cover.

4. T.Y. will splash on the scene with two huge returns..

If you are curious to how I can make such predictions, heck I figured if those guys on tv can do it and get paid for it, surely I can cover my team for free.

I've tried to stay out of this thread as I don't want to be a kill-joy, or party-pooper...

That said.... allow me this....

If we do, in fact, go into Chicago on opening day and beat the Bears at Soldier field.... that will be a heck of a great sign toward a surprisingly good season. It won't mean we're going to be above .500, for all we know, the Bears might be terrible this year, it'll be way too early know.

But assuming the Bears are half-way decent, a win there on their home field on opening day would be pretty darn wonderful.

Wouldn't that be................ sweet! :thmup:

Yeah I'm pretty much expecting the Bears to give a beatemdown game against us. Sorry but it's hard to believe in us going into Soldier Field with basically a brand new team and actually winning that game.

Forte is not going to hold out he said himself he's going to play. He won't be happy with the contract situation, but he is still going to play. I would be surprised if we lost by 2+ touchdowns. It will be a nice growing experience, but at the time it will be a tough pill to swallow.

I don't really want to make any predictions before the season starts. However, I will say this, everyone and i mean everyone is counting our defense out. Champman (who is expected to be healthy) is a beast upfront and I'm not worried about Freeney and Mathis coming off the corners. Our corners worry me a little bit, but Thomas has not been playing in the system that he is comfortable with for the past couple of years. One of those in which he didn't play a down because he was hurt. I expect Thomas to have a breakout game. Costanzo i believe can handle Peppers if healthy. He was really and truly the only bright spot on that line last year. I don't think the bears can handle fleener and with the chemistry he already has with Luck that could cause a multitude of problems for the bears. The running game is still in question but I believe Brown is going to show everyone he's the real deal and was never given a fair shot. Still won't say who wins, any given sunday thought!

did remedy really just say not even Peyton could Win this? Did we not beat the Bears and become Super Bowl Champs? -__-

I live in NW Indiana and have to endure Bears this and Bears that all the time so I have no love for them but realistically the Colts have zero chance of winning...and no, Peyton couldn't do his magic to win this game.

If the Colts keep this game within 2 touchdowns I'll be happy.

I want to see what we look like in the preseason before I start making predictions.

Because during all of those 12+ and 10+ win years, all of those division titles and consecutive playoff appearances, the Colts' woeful 0-4 & 1-3 win preseason records they consistently put up offered such a good clue as to how the Colts would actually do during the regular season.

Because during all of those 12+ and 10+ win years, all of those division titles and consecutive playoff appearances, the Colts' woeful 0-4 & 1-3 win preseason records they consistently put up offered such a good clue as to how the Colts would actually do during the regular season.

I think it's more of actually seeing them play with the new players, coaches, and system, after all the preseason is all about the team play not the won loss record.

I think it's pretty safe to say this isn't like those years. We have a completely different personal running the front office. Also if you go back and watch Peyton's pre-season games as a rookies you got a sense that they took a very different approach to those games than they did towards the end of his time here. They did more things to help him learn. I would expect them to do it again this year.

Also even as meaningless as the pre-season might be in terms of a record at least it's something on the field where you are going to get a least a peek at what this team is going to look like. If I am going to make predictions about the up coming season I would at least like to have that than just making a blind pick in July before training camp even starts. That's more of what I was getting at. This isn't like the past 10 years where we had a pretty good idea what the team was going to look like once the season started. This team is new and unknown in just about every aspect so I am not sure how anyone can be so sure that this team is going to beat or lose to anyone at this point when we haven't seen them in real game action at this point.

We did.

They then turned around and beat us by 16 in the first ever Reg. season game at Lucas Oil. With a less talented roster than they have now.

It is obvious you folk have never witnessed a new team play football. Stop fooling yourselves the Colts are in for a couple rough years and I do mean rough. You will hear the word "respectibility" often when viewing their games and some losses will be embarrassing to say the least. Of course after last year we should be clean out of embarrassment. No teams forms together for he first time and proceeds to kick butt in the NFL. So get ready for a tough initiation in to the NFL then hopefully we will rise to the top. Remember, Luck should be coming in to his own while Brady starts to show his age so that will be one giant gorilla off the backs fo the Colts. Oh, and the Bears will crush the Colts....guaranteed.

It is obvious you folk have never witnessed a new team play football. Stop fooling yourselves the Colts are in for a couple rough years and I do mean rough. You will hear the word "respectibility" often when viewing their games and some losses will be embarrassing to say the least. Of course after last year we should be clean out of embarrassment. No teams forms together for he first time and proceeds to kick butt in the NFL. So get ready for a tough initiation in to the NFL then hopefully we will rise to the top. Remember, Luck should be coming in to his own while Brady starts to show his age so that will be one giant gorilla off the backs fo the Colts. Oh, and the Bears will crush the Colts....guaranteed.

While I do believe we are in for a rough year and possibly another number one pick. I think a couple of rough years is stretching it. Especially with all the cap money we have next year. We will bring in some talent and probably have another high draft pick. I think we will probably go 4-12 this year and then possibly back into the playoffs the year after. I read an article that talked about if the Colts could win 6 games with this team it would be a great selling point to prospective free agents next year and I'd have to agree!

It would be amazing to beat the Bears at Soldier Field in the opening game, but it's going to be a long shot. Especially since this is Luck's first game in the NFL. As someone who lives in a Bears market I have watched quite a few of their games last year, especially with the season the Colts had.

Here are some keys

1. Penetrating the Bears O-line, this is one of the Bear's biggest weaknesses and the Colts have to attack it.

2. Containing Cutler, to me Culter seems more dangerous out of the pocket than in it, we can't allow him to roll out of the pocket and make big passes and runs for the first down. Luckily with Mathis and Freeney on linebacker, we can keep them on this assignment,

3. Slowing down the run, Forte is probably looking to put up big numbers in this game, but the Colts run defense was improved last year and this has to be a major focus of the game. A 3-4 defense does give us the advantage against the run now, hopefully it works.

4. Neutralizing the Bears d-line advantage over our o-line. The Colts have to be smart with their plays on offense and patient. Our o-line will still not be where it needs to be and the Bears d-line and linebackers are still some of the best in the league. However with the Colts WRs and TEs, the advantage is on our side against their secondary. Luck will need to make quick short passes, not allowing the d-line to destroy us. This should actually play to his strength, but it won't matter if his first game gitters are anything like Manning's.

5. Better special teams play, the Bears have IMO the best special teams in the league(because they actually use starters) and while it may be impossible to stop them, the goal here is to atleast slow them down. Hopefully this is a major focus for this organization and they start taking it seriously, if not the Bears could win the game on special teams alone.

I honestly can't believe the ones who are completely doubting us winning. You people act like UPSETS don't happen. Ex: Chiefs hand Pack their 1st Loss. We have a chance to WIN this game. Not saying we will, but any given Sunday can be a shock. And stop acting like the Bears are a dominate team. Thier offense is 95% Forte. Marshall can't do anything with that pathetic 5 guys they call an o-line. and Cutler is an AVERAGE QB, he's not the best. We can WIN this. What CB on the Bears can stick Wayne? What LB can stick Fleener? The Bears are getting OLD on Defense. We give Luck time, and watch our Young Talent run all over soldier field like it's a Track meet

It would be amazing to beat the Bears at Soldier Field in the opening game, but it's going to be a long shot. Especially since this is Luck's first game in the NFL. As someone who lives in a Bears market I have watched quite a few of their games last year, especially with the season the Colts had.

Here are some keys

1. Penetrating the Bears O-line, this is one of the Bear's biggest weaknesses and the Colts have to attack it.

2. Containing Cutler, to me Culter seems more dangerous out of the pocket than in it, we can't allow him to roll out of the pocket and make big passes and runs for the first down. Luckily with Mathis and Freeney on linebacker, we can keep them on this assignment,

3. Slowing down the run, Forte is probably looking to put up big numbers in this game, but the Colts run defense was improved last year and this has to be a major focus of the game. A 3-4 defense does give us the advantage against the run now, hopefully it works.

4. Neutralizing the Bears d-line advantage over our o-line. The Colts have to be smart with their plays on offense and patient. Our o-line will still not be where it needs to be and the Bears d-line and linebackers are still some of the best in the league. However with the Colts WRs and TEs, the advantage is on our side against their secondary. Luck will need to make quick short passes, not allowing the d-line to destroy us. This should actually play to his strength, but it won't matter if his first game gitters are anything like Manning's.

5. Better special teams play, the Bears have IMO the best special teams in the league(because they actually use starters) and while it may be impossible to stop them, the goal here is to atleast slow them down. Hopefully this is a major focus for this organization and they start taking it seriously, if not the Bears could win the game on special teams alone.

4, actually our run defense was worse last year then it was the year before but seeing as how we actually have some big men to clog that up we should be better this year other then that I agree

4, actually our run defense was worse last year then it was the year before but seeing as how we actually have some big men to clog that up we should be better this year other then that I agree

I think alot of that has to do with teams running more on the Colts last year. They didn't have to panic and make as many pass attempts to play keep up without Manning in there. IMO, the run defense was better executed, but it had to work against it more. I could be wrong, that is just what I remember. Also with the 3-4 defense, I would imagine the run defense would improve.

The Bears are a veteran team and if EVERYONE is good too go for Chicago.... I don't see it. BUT, I really do like Indy's potential on O.

We all just have to wait until week one and see the injury reports. But this is a tough first start for Luck.

Good cover 2's are typically very rough on young QB's.

I honestly can't believe the ones who are completely doubting us winning. You people act like UPSETS don't happen. Ex: Chiefs hand Pack their 1st Loss. We have a chance to WIN this game. Not saying we will, but any given Sunday can be a shock. And stop acting like the Bears are a dominate team. Thier offense is 95% Forte. Marshall can't do anything with that pathetic 5 guys they call an o-line. and Cutler is an AVERAGE QB, he's not the best. We can WIN this. What CB on the Bears can stick Wayne? What LB can stick Fleener? The Bears are getting OLD on Defense. We give Luck time, and watch our Young Talent run all over soldier field like it's a Track meet

This is ALL true.... but it is week ONE. EVERYONE will probably be the healthiest they will be ALL season. And all things being equal..... Indy loses.

But.... Like you say... it is the NFL.... and Andrew L is not your average Alex Smith..... (we hope)

This will just be a very tough game to win. If they do..... it is truly a feather in the cap.....

It's not an upset if everyone says you will win the game. The fact so many don't think we will win is what would make it an upset.

I was thinking the same thing - when did we last put up a winning record in the preseason. I think it might have been when Pagel was a yungun:)

I still can't believe we kicked to him :( I new he was going to run it back all the way the second it left the kickers foot GEEERRRR!

In a way, I'm glad it happened. To have overcome that big play tells a lot about our Colts team and made what might have been a fairly boring Superbowl into something memorable.

I am pessimistically optimistic about the Colts chances to win this game.

A nice oxymoron there Lollygager. 2 words unite that convey completely opposite meanings when placed side by side like absolute ambiguity. I get what you mean though buddy. It made me chuckle. haha

I am laughing with you my friend not directly at you. You know what tremendous regard I hold your football I.Q. in Lolly. Very clever act of serendipity there. :thmup:

We will play with something to prove game 1. If we fail to win the game for whatever reason; I am confident that will prove that we will be a force throughout the season. I agree with the poster who noted our team speed. This may become a track meet that we win. We have players who can take quick slant 70 yards.

Too many weapons on offence Luck, Fleener, Allen,wayne, Collie, Avery and Hilton with this O-line which is much better then last year. Man the Bears D wont know what hit them. The Bears are always weak on the O-line early in the season as long as are front seven are doing their jobs there wont be a lot of presure on our CBs. Last are special teams play will be off the charts this year. I only see a few teams keeping up with us this year and the bears are not one of them.

These weapons everyone keeps talking about in all likely hood won't be finished products by game one. There will in all likely hood be growing pains. Peyton had them his rookie year with Faulk and an experienced Harrison. Frankly the bears defense will probably give luck fits. It's built to force qbs into mistakes and then feed off them.

With that said I want to see how tbe team looks even in a meaningless preseason game before I say what games they will win

These weapons everyone keeps talking about in all likely hood won't be finished products by game one. There will in all likely hood be growing pains. Peyton had them his rookie year with Faulk and an experienced Harrison. Frankly the bears defense will probably give luck fits. It's built to force qbs into mistakes and then feed off them.

With that said I want to see how tbe team looks even in a meaningless preseason game before I say what games they will win

You have to love the unabashed optimism. One team was 7-3 until their QB went down. He's back and they added one of the best WRs in the game. They have one of the leagues best RBs and a backup that would start for a lot of teams (including ours). Their D is in the top half of the league.

The other team is starting a rookie QB and TE, have one star WR, and a bunch of question marks. We don't know the starting O-line yet. They're going to a new D with probably the worst CB tandem in the league. New coaching staff and GM.

And we're playing in their house.

Yep, got to love that optimism. This would truly be a great UPSET!!!

While I don't think the Colts will beat the Bears Week 1, I can certainly see a way that it could happen.

1) The Bears O-line is pretty weak. Freeney and Mathis could wreck havoc like they did to Big Ben and the Steelers Week 2 last year (and the offense should obviously be better than it was then).

2) How quickly will the Bears offense get up to speed with guys like Marshall and Jeffrey coming into the fold, along with a new offensive system? If the Bears offense isn't running on all cylinders and Cutler's dealing with heavy pressure, that could be huge for the Colts.

3) Luck will need to manage the offense well, get into manageable 3rd downs, and execute. The Bears have been terrific against the run, so it will be really important to be efficient in the short passing game. If he can get them to a conversion rate around 40% on 3rd downs, I like the team's chances.

You have to love the unabashed optimism. One team was 7-3 until their QB went down. He's back and they added one of the best WRs in the game. They have one of the leagues best RBs and a backup that would start for a lot of teams (including ours). Their D is in the top half of the league.

The other team is starting a rookie QB and TE, have one star WR, and a bunch of question marks. We don't know the starting O-line yet. They're going to a new D with probably the worst CB tandem in the league. New coaching staff and GM.

And we're playing in their house.

Yep, got to love that optimism. This would truly be a great UPSET!!!

It would be the biggest upset of the 2012 season lol.