Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting O-Line projections anyone?

COLT in J-ville

LT- Castonzo... LG- McGlynn... C-Steele... RG- Link?... RT- Justice...

Assuming Grigson prefers his guys. Although I would prefer to think that the best man for the job will win it in camp. What about Ijalana if he is healthy? Does Link make starter at guard or tackle? Or neither? Does anyone think Reitz will be back?

I know its prob way too early to take fan guesses at the depth chart but its fun to do. If our O-line somehow became a strength we might hear "reloading" more than "rebuilding" this season.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C-Satele, I think that is who you actually meant. Linkenbach is DEFINITELY NOT an OG!

From the way people have described Justice, he's not very good at RT either, so my guess would be Castonzo-McGlynn-Satele-Justice-Ijalana. I think Reitz played well and will probably be 2nd string.

*"reloading" more than "rebuilding"* I like that !

LT- Castonzo... LG- McGlynn... C-Steele... RG- Link?... RT- Justice...

Assuming Grigson prefers his guys. Although I would prefer to think that the best man for the job will win it in camp. What about Ijalana if he is healthy? Does Link make starter at guard or tackle? Or neither? Does anyone think Reitz will be back?

I know its prob way too early to take fan guesses at the depth chart but its fun to do. If our O-line somehow became a strength we might hear "reloading" more than "rebuilding" this season.

Where's Ijalana?

C-Satele, I think that is who you actually meant. Linkenbach is DEFINITELY NOT an OG!

From the way people have described Justice, he's not very good at RT either, so my guess would be Castonzo-McGlynn-Satele-Justice-Ijalana. I think Reitz played well and will probably be 2nd string.

*"reloading" more than "rebuilding"* I like that !

haha yeah I meant Satele.. My mind reads Steele when I see his name.

This prediction is based off of the availability of Castanzo and Ijalana from last years injuries:

LT - Castanzo - Linkenbach

LG - McGlynn - Reitz

C - Satele - Shipley

RG - Ijalana

RT - Justice - Anderson ®

If Ijalana is not healthy to start the season then I would presume this:

LG - Reitz

C - Satele - Shipley

RG - McGlynn - Ijalana

This prediction is based off of the availability of Castanzo and Ijalana from last years injuries:

LG - McGlynn - Reitz

C - Satele - Shipley

RG - Ijalana

If Ijalana is not healthy to start the season then I would presume this:

LG - Reitz

C - Satele - Shipley

RG - McGlynn - Ijalana

why is Anderson's name copyrighted?

Costanzo LT

Ijalana LG

Satele C

Anderson RG

Justice RT

I would like to see Hayworth Hicks backup at C to eventually take over for Satele. When Satele and McGlynn become backups we will know our OL is first rate.

Costanzo LT

Ijalana LG

Satele C

Anderson RG

Justice RT

I would like to see Hayworth Hicks backup at C to eventually take over for Satele. When Satele and McGlynn become backups we will know our OL is first rate.

WHY ? I THINK BOTH SATELE AND MCGLYNN ARE GOOD SOLID PLAYERS.

WHY ? I THINK BOTH SATELE AND MCGLYNN ARE GOOD SOLID PLAYERS.

Satele has really short arms which causes him trouble with big defensive linemen. Satele started at Miami and was replaced maybe because of the short arms. He then started at Oakland and was replaced. McGlynn was let go by Philadelphia and then Cinncinatti. Satele will start this year but it remains to be seen if McGlynn starts. They are decent players but I would like great players so if they become backups it probably means our OL is first rate.

Satele has really short arms which causes him trouble with big defensive linemen. Satele started at Miami and was replaced maybe because of the short arms. He then started at Oakland and was replaced. McGlynn was let go by Philadelphia and then Cinncinatti. Satele will start this year but it remains to be seen if McGlynn starts. They are decent players but I would like great players so if they become backups it probably means our OL is first rate.

I have no idea how these guys'll do, but being cast-offs, in and of itself, doesn't mean they aren't worth something to the Colts. Don't forget that Saturday was a UDFA, and a Ravens cast-off before establishing himself pretty well here in Indy.

At the end of training camp I wouldn't be surprised if Hayworth Hicks is the favorite for the other guard spot

With that said I have it

Castanzo,Hicks,Satele,McGlynn,Ijilana

With Justice,Steven Baker,Anderson, and Reitz as backups

Why is McGlynn limke the popular chocie for one of the G spots? what has he done that everyone pencil him a starter somewhere?

im honestly asking, i know nothing of the guy

He has more experience with the eagles and bengals than anybody else at the guard position so he is the favorite by default before training camp but just have to wait and see

LT- Castonzo

LG- Reitz

OC- Satele

RG- Ijalana

RT- Justice

Though I'd like to see McGlynn and Anderson compete for a starting job.

I've seen Ijalana penciled in at RG pretty often lately, and I like it, but yet I have no idea where the notion came from. Has anyone within the organization hinted that they'd be willing to move him to Guard? I'm just curious because I usually don't miss any big news, but I don't remember reading anywhere that we would do this.

I've seen Ijalana penciled in at RG pretty often lately, and I like it, but yet I have no idea where the notion came from. Has anyone within the organization hinted that they'd be willing to move him to Guard? I'm just curious because I usually don't miss any big news, but I don't remember reading anywhere that we would do this.

Many have him penciled in at guard because he was the #3 guard in the draft coming out of Villanova. The opening in the line was at tackle that's why the colts plugged him there in the season but he's naturally a guard. But Bill Polians said he is a tackle not a guard so I don't know I just say he is versatile to play both spots which is a luxury to have

Many have him penciled in at guard because he was the #3 guard in the draft coming out of Villanova. The opening in the line was at tackle that's why the colts plugged him there in the season but he's naturally a guard. But Bill Polians said he is a tackle not a guard so I don't know I just say he is versatile to play both spots which is a luxury to have

I believe it was the other way around. Ijalana started at LT all 4 years in college. Polian wanted him at G because he had drafted Costanzo for LT.Maybe Ijalana-LT, Anderson-LG, Satele-C, Justice-RG,Costanzo-RT is the best for this group. Still like training Hayworth Hicks as a C because he was a beast at RG in college and asked to move to C.

I have no idea how these guys'll do, but being cast-offs, in and of itself, doesn't mean they aren't worth something to the Colts. Don't forget that Saturday was a UDFA, and a Ravens cast-off before establishing himself pretty well here in Indy.

When Jeff got his chance he showed he could play. Thats just the opposite of the guys we got.

What worries me is that Arians didn't let a bad Oline stop him from not protecting Big Ben. I know the guy holds on to the ball but he was getting killed in back of that sieve of a line.

mcglynn got >>>ed over in philly. cinci didn't let him go he was a free agent. you'll never have five pro bowlers on one line. good solid players who function well as a unit is the key. you could have 5 jake longs but if they don't mesh it won't matter.

I believe it was the other way around. Ijalana started at LT all 4 years in college. Polian wanted him at G because he had drafted Costanzo for LT.Maybe Ijalana-LT, Anderson-LG, Satele-C, Justice-RG,Costanzo-RT is the best for this group. Still like training Hayworth Hicks as a C because he was a beast at RG in college and asked to move to C.

winston justice is not a guard. he's not even in the equation for an interior spot.

winston justice is not a guard. he's not even in the equation for an interior spot.

I know he is not a guard but he has played the G spot at Philadelphia when injuries required it. We have debated on this blog if it would benefit him moving to guard since he struggled at T in certain games.

The big question is Ijalana. Will he be healthy enough for camp? Ive seen him projected as both a tackle and a guard. He has great size and talent so I guess we will have to see. Hopefully by the end of camp he will have a spot locked down. If its guard, Justice is starting RT with Link backing him up. If he is RT, I'm guessing Mc Glynn and Reitz start at guard unless anderson can really shine in camp. Should be interesting.

mcglynn got >>>ed over in philly. cinci didn't let him go he was a free agent. you'll never have five pro bowlers on one line. good solid players who function well as a unit is the key. you could have 5 jake longs but if they don't mesh it won't matter.

McGlynn was not a starter so Cinci did not really want to resign him. Does not matter though since I was just giving my opinion. We all want the best OL we can get to protect Luck and give the Colts a good running game.

Linkenbach struggled ALOT last year, he gave up 8.5 sacks and thats not counting the pressures, Joe Reitz only gave up 2.0. Castonzo gave up 7.5, Satele gave up 2.0, I got these stats from Rotoworld so Im not sure if they are 100 percent correct