Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting O-Line projections anyone?

COLT in J-ville

Thankfully, coaches make decisions on a composition of work.

The decision was made in regards to Mcglynn and Justice based off of Grigsons previous experience with them with the Eagles, The eye test alone is enough to tell you that Mcglynn is not a starter or Justice, Once again Grigson brought them over because of a past history with them both not because they are actually good at what they do because as we all saw tonight and will continue to see all season long is that they arent, if they were so good then why didnt Grigson sign them both to a long term deal? Because they are Stop Gap players because Reitz doesnt have the power to bully D Linemen in the run game (hes a pretty decent pass blocker) and Linkenbach is not a Tackle period

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The decision was made in regards to Mcglynn and Justice based off of Grigsons previous experience with them with the Eagles, The eye test alone is enough to tell you that Mcglynn is not a starter or Justice, Once again Grigson brought them over because of a past history with them both not because they are actually good at what they do because as we all saw tonight and will continue to see all season long is that they arent, if they were so good then why didnt Grigson sign them both to a long term deal? Because they are Stop Gap players because Reitz doesnt have the power to bully D Linemen in the run game (hes a pretty decent pass blocker) and Linkenbach is not a Tackle period

So, are you disagreeing with me, or just continuing your conclusions stated previously? Not sure. This year isn't really about the deficiencies of individual players. On one hand you seem to understand the stop gap measures that were necessary witihin the constraints we had to work with. On the other, you take every opportunity to hammer guys that were clearly castoff by other teams but that serve a much needed purpose here. Specific to McGlynn, all we know is that he looked bad in a series and ended up leaving the game with an ankle injury. If that is conclusive to you, then I'll take the way that coaches and GM's make decisions every time based on a body of work. Justice played a pretty darn good half of football, and was really only beat inside by Chris Long on the one play, which I'm sure is lingering in your mind.

Are you talking about the group that started this game or the group you expect to start vs. the Bears? Either way, I'm not sure your projection looks very good as it doesn't include Reitz. Link played a lot of RT today with the second unit.

I like Reitz. I just know Link seems to find his way on the field a lot. I don't know who will start week 1 of the regular season, but as of right now I'm on track. I wouldn't be suprised if Reitz makes it to the starting lineup though.

I like Reitz. I just know Link seems to find his way on the field a lot. I don't know who will start week 1 of the regular season, but as of right now I'm on track. I wouldn't be suprised if Reitz makes it to the starting lineup though.

Reitz started today at LG

So, are you disagreeing with me, or just continuing your conclusions stated previously? Not sure. This year isn't really about the deficiencies of individual players. On one hand you seem to understand the stop gap measures that were necessary witihin the constraints we had to work with. On the other, you take every opportunity to hammer guys that were clearly castoff by other teams but that serve a much needed purpose here. Specific to McGlynn, all we know is that he looked bad in a series and ended up leaving the game with an ankle injury. If that is conclusive to you, then I'll take the way that coaches and GM's make decisions every time based on a body of work. Justice played a pretty darn good half of football, and was really only beat inside by Chris Long on the one play, which I'm sure is lingering in your mind.

Nope thats not conclusive to me whats conclusive to me is the one year he started almost every game with the Eagles they gave up almost a league high 49 sacks, combine that with 4 games that he started in last year in Cincy where they guy was bullied which some of it was poor footwork but a large majority of it was him just getting pun around, knocked on his butt, 2 penalties within 6 plays of each other, Keep in mind he was a backup in philly for the most part except that one year (which I think was do to an injury to a starter, I could be wrong), yes I understand they are Stop Gap at this point with the potential for more if they improve

Reitz HAS made it to the starting lineup. If Link makes it to the starting lineup, barring injury, it appears that it will be at RT. I'll have to give you that he does seem to find his way to the field.

Nope thats not conclusive to me whats conclusive to me is the one year he started almost every game with the Eagles they gave up almost a league high 49 sacks, combine that with 4 games that he started in last year in Cincy where they guy was bullied which some of it was poor footwork but a large majority of it was him just getting pun around, knocked on his butt, 2 penalties within 6 plays of each other, Keep in mind he was a backup in philly for the most part except that one year (which I think was do to an injury to a starter, I could be wrong), yes I understand they are Stop Gap at this point with the potential for more if they improve

Yes, it is understood that he is a perennial back up type of talent. That has never been in dispute. Perennial back up level talent is what is on the roster at this point for his position...other than a youngster who may develop into more than that someday TBD. For now, I hope our coaches pick the perennial back up level talented player that gives us the best chance to keep #12 clean. I will thank him for his efforts as we move to free agency in 2013.

You obviously didn't watch the game yesterday

You obviously didn't click the link I posted. Also, I didn't say anywhere on here who will come out on the field week 1 of the regular season. I went by what the Colts have listed on their depth chart. If Reitz starts in the regular season then good for him. And good for you too. And good for me, since I trust the coaches to put the best guy on the field. I don't know what you think you are gaining by trying to display your "I watched the game yesterday" dominance at me constantly. I watched it too from the 2nd snap on. I guess Reitz played one down? I don't know. Thats fine if he did. I believe you when you say that he started. I'm not arguing with you.. Again, I am referring to the depth chart. If Reitz ends up starting then great, and my prediction will have been incorrect. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Feel free to reply and "win" whatever argument it is that you think we are having. Good day.

You obviously didn't click the link I posted. Also, I didn't say anywhere on here who will come out on the field week 1 of the regular season. I went by what the Colts have listed on their depth chart. If Reitz starts in the regular season then good for him. And good for you too. And good for me, since I trust the coaches to put the best guy on the field. I don't know what you think you are gaining by trying to display your "I watched the game yesterday" dominance at me constantly. I watched it too from the 2nd snap on. I guess Reitz played one down? I don't know. Thats fine if he did. I believe you when you say that he started. I'm not arguing with you.. Again, I am referring to the depth chart. If Reitz ends up starting then great, and my prediction will have been incorrect. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Feel free to reply and "win" whatever argument it is that you think we are having. Good day.

I don't have a clue what your talking about sir. Somebody had said Linkenbach had started and I corrected him and said Reitz had started at the guard position. Nobody said anything about week 1 starters or anything like that. That depth chart came out last week it had Cassius vaughn starting corner but Justin King started yesterday. I don't see why u getting so defensive when nobody is even saying anything about week 1 starters and all that other stuff your talking about

The depth chart on colts.com is one of the worst updated charts, IMO, based on my experience seeing it updated in the past. It is never updated constantly based on how coaches feel the players are playing, and cannot be used as a reference of any kind.

To me, it has just been a collection of roster bodies in consideration, the literal order on the depth chart is never updated constantly.

I don't have a clue what your talking about sir. Somebody had said Linkenbach had started and I corrected him and said Reitz had started at the guard position. Nobody said anything about week 1 starters or anything like that. That depth chart came out last week it had Cassius vaughn starting corner but Justin King started yesterday. I don't see why u getting so defensive when nobody is even saying anything about week 1 starters and all that other stuff your talking about

I didn't say he started.. Again I was just talking about the depth chart. If that depth chart is no good then ok. I bring up week 1 because my initial starting post to this thread from a few months ago was talking about the regular season. That's all. Cheers.

No, I'm just reading the depth chart. Is that wrong of me? I didn't say who will be the starter week 1 of the season. Why are you so concerned with every post I make?

No, I'm just reading the depth chart. Is that wrong of me? I didn't say who will be the starter week 1 of the season. Why are you so concerned with every post I make?

Easy now. Let's review the events. You renewed an old thread to claim that your prediction was coming true. Several posters have pointed out the inaccuracies in your claims. That is generally the way that message boards work. If you would like to make claims and state opinions without comments coming back, then try a different format...such as a blog (with comments feature removed).

Easy now. Let's review the events. You renewed an old thread to claim that your prediction was coming true. Several posters have pointed out the inaccuracies in your claims. That is generally the way that message boards work. If you would like to make claims and state opinions without comments coming back, then try a different format...such as a blog (with comments feature removed).

They pointed out what they thought were inaccuracies. As they, and you, still don't seem to grasp.. I was talking about the DEPTH CHART. I guess it was bad timing on my part since there was a game yesterday in which Reitz started. That's fine, I have no problem with people thinking I am wrong, as long as they ACTUALLY READ my response to them that I was talking abou the (again) DEPTH CHART. If you weren't so obsessed with "proving me wrong" you would understand that and stop posting at me. People commenting is fine with me. People quoting and responding to posts that I make to another person to try and prove a point that isn't there is simply annoying. You are being annoying. Anyone can tell me I haven't predicted anything correctly yet, and thats just fine and dandy. I have zero problem with that. You just keep doing it even after I explained that what you thought I meant was not, in fact, what I meant. Hopefully you understand that by now and will stop quoting me with "corrections." Please leave me alone.