Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Packers post game thread

GoColts8818

Why does Gus Bradley still have a job?  Shane was very questionable today as well, honestly anyone not named the oline, Lewis, Pierce, Dayo, Dulin, and Taylor was bad today in a nightmare outing for the Colts that could mean losing Buckner for the season.  You want to rip Ballard I am not going to argue with anyone but this was more about the coaches today IMO.  This team was not ready to play, had an awful game plan, and bad decisions being made by the coaches.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Once Ballard is gone and you do the post-mortem on his tenure, he might seem much closer to Grigson than people thought.

Outside of their first decade in Indianapolis, we're living through the second worst period in Indianapolis Colts history

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ImissPeyton18 said:

I hate to say I was right. Start Flacco now, Let your underdeveloped qb learn on the bench. He is too raw in too many areas.

He isn't going to learn crap on the bench. He needs reps and reps he will get, even if he has a bad day.

• Like 1

Offense and defense were horrible. The defense got better in the second half and another miss field goal cost us a chance of an only needing a field goal at the end instead of having to get seven. The problem with BRADLEY is that if he gets fired anytime soon who could replace him that’s better. Everyone that could be a replacement is already coaching somewhere or in college in the middle of the season. A lot of this falls on Ballard. I know Richardson was the only choice we had there setting at number four. And I still don’t think that trading up would’ve been a good idea at this point. We needed to get a win to get back to 500 and even though this game was only a six point difference. It was a complete embarrassment in front of the entire country. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

I hate to say I was right. Start Flacco now, Let your underdeveloped qb learn on the bench. He is too raw in too many areas.

When all that may be left of this season is AR’s development that would be the worst decision ever. Five balls were dropped today by the receivers which would have had him at a 67% completion percentage. Terrible job by the coaching staff today. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The hate on Gus here is flat out dumb.  The defense didn’t lose the game. The offense did.  Giving up 16 points should not cost you the game.  Teams make adjustments all the time at halftime and the Colts defense slammed the door shut in the second half.  Where was the offense?  Not to be seen.  Dropped balls and 4 interceptions.  That’s what caused the loss.  Not the defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, #12. said:

Once Ballard is gone and you do the post-mortem on his tenure, he might seem much closer to Grigson than people thought.

Outside of their first decade in Indianapolis, we're living through the second worst period in Indianapolis Colts history

No it won’t

On that plate of Granson by the goal line, all he had to do was lead him and it would’ve been a touchdown instead he threw it low and behind him. Richardson is never going to be the most accurate quarterback and we have to live with that. He’s a great runner with a big arm, but you can see he doesn’t complete many passes. The run game got better but it was too little too late. I’m curious to see how the team spins this 

Bradley can't survive this season. It can't happen. 164 yards rushing in the first quarter - 230+ before halftime. They clamped down in the 2nd half, but it was too late by then. Offense failed today, but they acutally need to get a hold of the ball to get a rhythm going and before the game is out of reach.

Offense was TERRIBLE today. Steichen calls these games like AR is a veteran QB. Run the damn ball! I thought the run game looked a lot better today with the outside the tackle runs and JT actually bouncing outside himself. Instead he puts it on AR who, admittedly, had a very bad game today.

The WRs need to step up. Through two games it's only been Pierce and Dulin on the field for AR.

The TEs have been nowhere besides Granson, but he can't catch a ball to save his life.

• Like 2

Just now, ImissPeyton18 said:

The colts maid another backup look like a pro. So much for a winnable game. Don't blame the defense. The offense has to score more than 10 points regardless.

Worse. Willis has not shown himself to be even mildly competent at any point prior to this. That he was 12/14 is beyond acceptable.