Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR hopefully improves alot

AustexColt

AR seems to lack focus and discipline. He is the opposite of Peyton who studies and prepares endlessly. I am afraid that unless AR gets serious and becomes laser focus in execution we will face a losing season. In the Bengals game, he was slow in reads including the misread for the pick 6. The WR were wide open and he missed badly and poorly placed the ball. Some say that he is a gamer and that is why he performed so poorly. Time is running out and he has alot to improve.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

AR seems to lack focus and discipline. He is the opposite of Peyton who studies and prepares endlessly. I am afraid that unless AR gets serious and becomes laser focus in execution we will face a losing season. In the Bengals game, he was slow in reads including the misread for the pick 6. The WR were wide open and he missed badly and poorly placed the ball. Some say that he is a gamer and that is why he performed so poorly. Time is running out and he has alot to improve.

Rust

This is NOT an AR homer. He breaks down all QB's based on a great understanding of the game. Fans could learn a lot by watching! AR absolutely studies a lot and knows what he's doing. Not perfect but wayyyyy better than what people think they know. I will say this, he needs a REAL TE. Ones that make tough catches and dont cause pick 6's . 4 balls to TE's last night. 1 caused a pick 6, another where he was credited with a drop from PFF , 1 for a 5 yrd loss and another for a 21 yrd gain. that's terrible TE production in a quarter and a half and they'll get u beat on Sundays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wasn’t impressed with richardson’s performance. I would think he would stand next to a proven vetran qb to get insights into reading defenses during the game. What I saw tonight scares me, but I really hope I am wrong. Physical skills don’t make you a good qb in the nfl!

5 hours ago, AustexColt said:

This is straight wrong. Almost sounds like a stereotype just cuz! Did you study or prepare before you made this post? Bc if you did you'd know AR is lauded by his team mates for how much time he puts in to his preparation. And what exactly did he do to earn being undisciplined? Did he take off and run before going through all his progressions? No in fact he barely ran at all. Is he calling out the wrong plays? I don't get it?  The Pick 6 had nothing to do with discipline. It was a miscommunication between the TE and himself. I don't know what u mentioned Peyton for bc during this same stage he threw 28 picks over the course of 1 rookie season. And even as a seasoned vet I watched good ole Peyton throw a couple of these miscommunication/misread pick 6 to Asante Samuel in the AFC championship game against New England.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, krunk said:

This is straight wrong. Almost sounds like a stereotype just cuz! Did you study or prepare before you made this post? Bc if you did you'd know AR is lauded by his team mates for how much time he puts in to his preparation. And what exactly did he do to earn being undisciplined? Did he take off and run before going through all his progressions? No in fact he barely ran at all. Is he calling out the wrong plays? I don't get it?  The Pick 6 had nothing to do with discipline. It was a miscommunication between the TE and himself. I don't know what u mentioned Peyton for bc during this same stage he threw 28 picks over the course of 1 rookie season. And even as a seasoned vet I watched good ole Peyton throw a couple of these miscommunication/misread pick 6 to Asante Samuel in the AFC championship game against New England.  

Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

so what!!

lol jk

He's a work in progress.  Less starts since high school that any QB in NFL, including the rookies.  He has all the tools, so he just needs experience.

My only complaint is that I think he should have played more in the preseason games.   He's getting reps in practice (all of them) but it's different when you know you're not going to get hit.  You can hold the ball, and concentrate on your reads a split second longer.

But I've said it before, I'm pretty sure Shane knows what he's doing.  And AR looked pretty darn good last year in his limited time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RollerColt said:

What a complete baseless accusation. 

Lacking in focus and discipline? 

Time running out?? For essentially a rookie?? 

Shake my dang head…

I was kind of thinking the same thing--how does the OP know that AR doesn't study and prepare like Peyton?

• Thanks 2

AR is essentially still a rookie at this point. This will be his rookie season. Expecting anything but a lot of ups and downs is going to set yourself up for disappointment.

All I want is improvement from season start to season end. Also, the supporting cast needs to cut down on the f-ups.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, AustexColt said:

He just turned 22. If he hasn't learned by now it's over and time to move on. Let's hope he doesn't throw 27 pics like Peyton did his first full year 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AustexColt said:

haha

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Why do you post this nonsense and never come back and respond?  You are a troll by definition. Are you one of Lennymoores alt accounts?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Even Peyton wasn’t the HoF Peyton his first full year…

Very true.

I'm sure we all remember the Pouty Face and happy feet Peyton critiques.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Lacks focus and discipline?   Do you even follow the Colts?   Or the sport?  

AR’s issue have nothing to do with focus and discipline.  That have to do with one issue:  the lack of experience.   Period, end of story.   

And every time you and others talk out your rear end with such nonsense there will be posters like me to respond:

Lack.  Of.   Experience.  

EDIT:  I just scrolled this thread.  Looks like almost every poster wrote a similar version of what I did.  We all had the same reaction:

You're wrong and ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Peyton in his rookie year did some fantastic things you know!!! 28 picks and all. 13-3 in 1999 in his second full year but 0 playoff wins for his first 5 years.

Luck “as a prospect” coming out of college was actually better than Peyton, IMO. But potential only counts for so much when it comes to longevity.

But it was good we didn’t judge Peyton based on his 28 picks or his pick sixes, which allowed him the leeway and chance to win us several games over years.

How about we let AR make his own mark? If he doesn’t lead us to a winning record by 2025 full season, yes, let’s question him then.

Seriously, do people even think before posting? Comparing him to QBs that have started 3 or 4 years in college isn’t where you start

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Peyton in his rookie year did some fantastic things you know!!! 28 picks and all. 13-3 in 1999 in his second full year but 0 playoff wins for his first 5 years.

Luck “as a prospect” coming out of college was actually better than Peyton, IMO. But potential only counts for so much when it comes to longevity.

But it was good we didn’t judge Peyton based on his 28 picks or his pick sixes, which allowed him the leeway and chance to win us several games over years.

How about we let AR make his own mark? If he doesn’t lead us to a winning record by 2025 full season, yes, let’s question him then.

Seriously, do people even think before posting? Comparing him to QBs that have started 3 or 4 years in college isn’t where you start

Exactly and well said 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 9:28 PM, DavePSL said:

This is NOT an AR homer. He breaks down all QB's based on a great understanding of the game. Fans could learn a lot by watching! AR absolutely studies a lot and knows what he's doing. Not perfect but wayyyyy better than what people think they know. I will say this, he needs a REAL TE. Ones that make tough catches and dont cause pick 6's . 4 balls to TE's last night. 1 caused a pick 6, another where he was credited with a drop from PFF , 1 for a 5 yrd loss and another for a 21 yrd gain. that's terrible TE production in a quarter and a half and they'll get u beat on Sundays.

Indy has needed a true #1 TE since the days of Dallas Clark. Jack Doyle was a solid all around TE, but he was never a true #1 that could be the go to guy in a given game. Really hope Ballard finds the next guy at that position next year. Was hoping Woods would be that but he can't ever stay healthy. 

Gotta address TE and the secondary next offseason, NO EXCUSES for Ballard on that. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 10:28 PM, DavePSL said:

I very much enjoyed this breakdown. I wish more people would do this since the pregame shows are mostly fluff now. Thank you for posting!!