Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bucs post game reaction

GoColts8818

21 minutes ago, w87r said:

Tied for 5th in sacks with 36.

We were 5th coming into SNF but Chargers got 2 Tonight, if they get another we drop to 6. Shouldn't go any lower than that this week though

Baltimore (8 more) and Buffalo (3) have played extra game as well. They are ranked in front of us

17 sacks last 3 games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

In the end, we win. Big test next week, wish we had Grover back.

question: when was the last time we had a fully healthy and starting DL against the Titans ? It’s been a while

Grover back and when will JuJu be back?!!  2 will really help us!

2 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Was a decent game…we held up when we had to. Minshew did almost cost us the game not with his first pick but with his dang near almost second pick…we fortunately had the defensive turnovers or this game would have been a loss.

Minshew had a good game.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Exactly why he needs to go long term. He can not call anything decent in key moments.

Staley should become available once the Chargers let him go and the variations of the 4-3 he played with the Rams will be nice to bring here.

Like Vance Joseph, Brian Flores, Steve Spags etc., guys who are more suited to DC, that’s what Staley is.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That play call by Steichen to fake them out and put Franklin in at full back was hillarious. Players executed that to perfection. It was a gutsy move that could of lost the game.

As that unfolded, I was disappointed at first.  I though Coach was trying to get the Bucs confused to force them to use a timeout.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

As that unfolded, I was disappointed at first.  I though Coach was trying to get the Bucs confused to force them to use a timeout.

Everything about that play made me smile.

Makes the game way more fun to watch when you have a coach that’s willing to gamble like that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

And acceptable when you are playing a bad pass defense.  You have to attack weaknesses.  Not every game is going to be perfect balance.  

Earlier this year.  Still you are right playing the Titans without Grover could get ugly.

Thanks, for some reason I thought Paye or Dayo was out for the last game. I know Buckner missed one last year, then I think Stewart or Dayo missed the second

10 hours ago, w87r said:

Tied for 5th in sacks with 36.

We were 5th coming into SNF but Chargers got 2 Tonight, if they get another we drop to 6. Shouldn't go any lower than that this week though

Baltimore (8 more) and Buffalo (3) have played extra game as well. They are ranked in front of us

Which is why besides for depth or a stud falling to us, I think we’re happy with our DL. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

So where are we ranked?  

Some of these teams' total pressures include the thanksgiving games - the rest haven't been updated yet. I'll update this if I remember it when I do the PFF grades post. Teams with an * played at thanksgiving. The post-game "what we learned" article on NFL.com said the Colts had 16 pressures against the Bucs (giving us 186 total pressure), but I don't know how that stacks up to the other teams yet.

49'ers* -- 257

Ravens -- 255

Cowboys* -- 255

Jets -- 237

Lions* -- 234

Bills -- 229

Dolphins -- 227

Eagles -- 226

Seahawks* -- 219

Packers* -- 215

Bengals -- 211

Commanders* -- 211

Steelers -- 201

Chargers -- 196

Browns -- 195

Texans -- 194

Raiders -- 191

Chiefs -- 187

Saints -- 183

Jaguars -- 182

Buccaneers -- 179

Giants -- 178

Bears* -- 171

Vikings* -- 170

Colts -- 169

Broncos -- 168

Patriots -- 168

Cardinals -- 165

Falcons -- 165

Rams -- 165

Titans -- 151

Panthers -- 131

So 24th right now, but probably a little higher after the Bucs game since the defense had good game. Without updating the other teams 186 total pressure would have us at 20th.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This was probably colts best all around game on both sides of the ball all year. Very complimentary.

Mustache even played good. He had the 1 bad INT but threw for 251 yards and made 2 huge 4th down conversions. Taylor had 15 carries for 91 yards and 2 TDs = 6 yards a carry. I think he needs to get the ball more. At least 20 touches a game but Moss is a good 2nd back to have and runs strong. Regarding the defense, it bent a lot but didn't break much, they played good. I thought this was Shane's best day as a coach as well. He made one bad decision when he went for it on 4th and 6, but now that is getting nitpicky. That fake hand off on 4th and 1 and pass to Cox was brilliant. He was playing Chess on that play and the Bucs staff was playing Checkers. He made them look bad!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Some of these teams' total pressures include the thanksgiving games - the rest haven't been updated yet. I'll update this if I remember it when I do the PFF grades post. Teams with an * played at thanksgiving. The post-game "what we learned" article on NFL.com said the Colts had 16 pressures against the Bucs (giving us 186 total pressure), but I don't know how that stacks up to the other teams yet.

49'ers* -- 257

Ravens -- 255

Cowboys* -- 255

Jets -- 237

Lions* -- 234

Bills -- 229

Dolphins -- 227

Eagles -- 226

Seahawks* -- 219

Packers* -- 215

Bengals -- 211

Commanders* -- 211

Steelers -- 201

Chargers -- 196

Browns -- 195

Texans -- 194

Raiders -- 191

Chiefs -- 187

Saints -- 183

Jaguars -- 182

Buccaneers -- 179

Giants -- 178

Bears* -- 171

Vikings* -- 170

Colts -- 169

Broncos -- 168

Patriots -- 168

Cardinals -- 165

Falcons -- 165

Rams -- 165

Titans -- 151

Panthers -- 131

So 24th right now, but probably a little higher after the Bucs game since the defense had good game. Without updating the other teams 186 total pressure would have us at 20th.

Which is interesting since the Colts are 6th in sacks, 5th in interceptions, and 8th in qb rating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Which is interesting since the Colts are 6th in sacks, 5th in interceptions, and 8th in qb rating.

Yeah I’m not sure our defense is as bad as many think.  They make a decision to start the year seeing if Leonard can return to form and intentionally start a young inexperienced corner back group.  And they lose Grover and Rodgers to suspensions.  And yet we are 6-5 in the playoff hunt despite the refs taking our Cleveland win away.  Could we use some help on defense?  Sure but you could say that about all of the teams.  TBH I don’t think there’s enough going wrong with the defense to give Steichen a reason to fire Gus.  We’ll see I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Another game where Wesley French played well

He was okay.  Had a bad snap.  Looked like they were running behind the guards and tackles more than the center spot but that might be because of the Bucs defense more than French being in there though.  Bucs were getting consistent pressure up the middle flushing Gardner too.

47 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

INTs and QBR isn’t only a Dline thing though. 

I feel like the low pressure count aligns with what I see on the field. If they don’t get a sack they often don’t get anything done. It’s game to game of course. Sometimes (like the Bucs game) they get a lot done even when not counting the sacks other times the QB has all day. 

2 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Ok ....can you give me some advice regarding overall health? Like diet,sports or do you know some kind of tranquilising tablets😅

I'm 62 and been a colts fan since 10. When I got older, I blow off some steam, then forget about it, and stop watching that sport when the team stops playing. That way I don’t get reminded about the bad season and don’t really care about how other teams are doing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

A much needed win that helps and keeps playoff chances alive. 

Titans next followed by a Burrough-less Bengal team. Both winnable games but not gimmes, especially Titan game. Steelers are down the road which makes these next two games so important.

Especially because Steelers have two cupcakes before colts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, husker61 said:

I'm 62 and been a colts fan since 10. When I got older, I blow off some steam, then forget about it, and stop watching that sport when the team stops playing. That way I don’t get reminded about the bad season and don’t really care about how other teams are doing.

quitter