Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline (MERGE)

sb41champs

Trade Deadline?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Colts Trade FOR a Player Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will the Colts TRADE a Player Away Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No

great question

At this stage, my gut says that we don't trade any of the starters

If we would have gone 4-2, my belief is that we MIGHT have added a vet.

I think we will be picking middle of the pack

There are some decent WRs, CBs, DEs,  that SHOULD be there in middle of round 1

7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I'm assuming the rumors regarding jeudy are true so i said yes to that.

Yeah, those rumors plus the rumors of Ballard asking for receivers in return for Taylor, might indicate that we are looking to add WR... Jeudy is definitely a possibility. I still don't know what to think about the chance of Ballard paying not one but two WRs big money next off-season. Just doesn't strike me as Ballard-like... :dunno:

Does AR's surgery change anything? 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I guess if we really want to go crazy we could start a fire sale like the Dolphins did a few years ago and accumulate a ton of draft picks. 

Highly doubt that Chris goes that route. 

With as good as AR looked I doubt they go that route. Why do that when this can be a playoff team next season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Gotta let it go man,  they wouldn’t have extended him if they were going to trade him.

I think I agree. This is more about what I think we should do than what I think Ballard will do... although... I still have weird feelings about how that extension was handled and makes me think twice... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, those rumors plus the rumors of Ballard asking for receivers in return for Taylor, might indicate that we are looking to add WR... Jeudy is definitely a possibility. I still don't know what to think about the chance of Ballard paying not one but two WRs big money next off-season. Just doesn't strike me as Ballard-like... :dunno:

Colts never received a offer for Taylor..all what you heard from the media were lies...

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

With as good as AR looked I doubt they go that route. Why do that when this can be a playoff team next season.

I agree with you. 

But just to play devil's advocate, imagine that we trade some of our talent and miss the playoffs. Then, we utilize our capital to get important players that make an immediate impact. 

This team can be a playoff team with good QB play. But, can it be a Super Bowl contender with this current roster? I'm not 100% sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I agree with you. 

But just to play devil's advocate, imagine that we trade some of our talent and miss the playoffs. Then, we utilize our capital to get important players that make an immediate impact. 

This team can be a playoff team with good QB play. But, can it be a Super Bowl contender with this current roster? I'm not 100% sure. 

We really don’t have any players that is going to get a 1st round pick in return. Those are the guys that would have a immediate impact.  I don’t even think Buckner would net a first.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We really don’t have any players that is going to get a 1st round pick in return. Those are the guys that would have a immediate impact.  I don’t even think Buckner would net a first.

Hence the roster is decent, but not Super Bowl talent level. 

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but I believe Zach Moss has put ALOT on tape and could be shipped out before the deadline. You don’t pay your work horse all that coin to have him split carries. I think Miss could be trade bait and get draft capital in return. I don’t think they trade for a player especially with AR out for the year I think this is a throwaway season and they’ll look to just close out the season and hold decent position to get a solid pick come draft.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Do the Colts get the $3mil back from Grovers suspension? Could use that towards signing a vet minimum player or 2!?

No because by the time he comes back he’d have played enough games to satisfy his minimum requirements to his contract guarantees 

2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Unpopular opinion but I believe Zach Moss has put ALOT on tape and could be shipped out before the deadline. You don’t pay your work horse all that coin to have him split carries. I think Miss could be trade bait and get draft capital in return. I don’t think they trade for a player especially with AR out for the year I think this is a throwaway season and they’ll look to just close out the season and hold decent position to get a solid pick come draft.

Even before the Colts had Moss and Taylor was at his best he would take a series here and there off and they needed a second back.  Also if Taylor didn’t have a trade market I doubt Moss does.  Moss had one before because the Colts pretty much made a running back for running back trade. Why do that again if Moss is doing so well as your backup back?

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Even before the Colts had Moss and Taylor was at his best he would take a series here and there off and they needed a second back.  Also if Taylor didn’t have a trade market I doubt Moss does.  Moss had one before because the Colts pretty much made a running back for running back trade. Why do that again if Moss is doing so well as your backup back?

I would disagree because there was uncertainty on Taylor’s health. A lot of organizations wasn’t sure if he was healthy and the said asking price was too high. If they could get a mid round pick for Moss I think that would be a solid deal for the Colts. With the way that Moss has been running and catching the ball I could easily see someone being interested in him.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, stitches said:

Does AR's surgery change anything? 

It may change things but I don't think so for Ballard.  He seems like a long term goal oriented person.  AR is out but will be back next year.  Plus give Jeudy (the judge we can call him) time in the system before crushing it next year with AR's strong arm delivering bombs.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I would disagree because there was uncertainty on Taylor’s health. A lot of organizations wasn’t sure if he was healthy and the said asking price was too high. If they could get a mid round pick for Moss I think that would be a solid deal for the Colts. With the way that Moss has been running and catching the ball I could easily see someone being interested in him.

I could see the Bills wanting him back for the Super Bowl push.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

As far as Jeudy I wonder if the injury to AR and Grover suspension will have Ballard forgetting about that.

I’m thinking the same thing. I’d like them to upgrade any way they can, but that may now be wishful  thinking given the latest rash of bad luck. 

7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

It may change things but I don't think so for Ballard.  He seems like a long term goal oriented person.  AR is out but will be back next year.  Plus give Jeudy (the judge we can call him) time in the system before crushing it next year with AR's strong arm delivering bombs.

I agree.  Nothing has changed as far as what Ballard thinks this team needs.  Losing AR hurts but the needs are still there for the other positions.  It makes sense to make a move if the opportunity presents itself. We all know draft picks don’t always work out so acquiring a young veteran might have a better chance of helping the team currently and next season.

• Like 2

I voted no for both, as Ballard doesn't take drastic actions, just like the initial days of Free Agency.

But, if someone wants to trade for Leonard, he'll probably do it? It might be a possibility. 

2 hours ago, Jonmal7 said:

I think Colts trade for Jeudy or a different WR. I also think the Colts trade away a player.

I think that might have happened if not for the injury to AR... 

• Like 1

Depending on Woods health, I could see us possibly moving Mo, he has increased his value throughout the season. Probably at all time high right now(grading out top 20 PFF)

Could get out of the rest of the contract and open up a spot for Woods(pending health), and get an additional pick/ or swap.

I could see us in on Jeudy, like has been mentioned, even with AR down, this is about next year as well. Jeudy is under contract for $12.9m next season.

Also, saw some mention of Moss, I definitely could see it a possibility. I kinda feel bad for him, he's on pace for 1,500yds 15tds. Hard to take carries from that guy right now.

So if an opportunity for him to get more reps elsewhere arises, with good compensation back, it would probably be the right move for him.

I personally don't want him to go anywhere though. Just hate the situation and timing it for him.

Also have to remember we have very limited funds to bring in guys. Can always make it work, but just another obstacle.

• Like 5

Not going to be popular, however I think the Colts should think about trading Pittman.

Pittman is a good WR2, and he's been a good Colt. I just don't think he is worth the contract he might command even though the Colts are truly void of receiver talent, except for maybe Downs. 

With the Colts in their current state, I think it's worth a look see on what Pitt could bring back.

The reason the Colts need to keep Pittman- he never misses a down.  Every wr mentioned trading for has health issues.  Just like my favorite on our PS- KJ Hamlin. Denver cut him because of health issues. Jeudy is possibly available because of health issues.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I could see that with Buckner.  He's wasting away on this team that's going nowhere in the near future.

Yeah, I remember when Ballard was talking about having a talk with Buckner about not asking out like Gilmore did last year. Which to me sounds like there was a possibility Buckner was going to ask out. Now 9 months later, with the starting QB sidelined and his running mate at DT suspended, this team's contention ambitions are getting suspended for one more year too and Buckner is getting close to the 30s and his prime is being wasted on a team in waiting. 

By no means do I think this is certainly going to happen, but I do think there is not an insignificant chance it does happen. 

• Like 3