Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chappell reports sprained AC joint for Richardson (MERGE)

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He hasn't even gotten the MRI yet

Yes MRIs normally confirm what doctors already know.  

I also didn’t say he would miss no time.  I said if Chap is correct here is another player with a similar injury you can compare it too in case people are wondering.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I suspect they will let him get completely healthy because of how he plays. Easy to reinjure.

Colds need to sign Gardner to a backup extension with the way this is going.

He had it at a imaging center after the game. No report yet.

Why would Gardner sign an extension to be a backup?

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes MRIs normally confirm what doctors already know.  

I also didn’t say he would miss no time.  I said if Chap is correct here is another player with a similar injury you can compare it too in case people are wondering.

What the doctors don't know is the extent, if any, of tearing. That's where the MRI comes in.

Just now, masterlock said:

What the doctors don't know is the extent, if any, of tearing. That's where the MRI comes in.

Agree.  Not saying anything about how severe it is.  All I did was give an example of another player who had a similar injury to Richardson.  Clearly that’s not locked in stone that it will be the same for Richardson.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah, I think Minshew might get another shot as a starter somewhere else at some point.  I'm sure he wants another shot at it, so I don't see him signing an extension to be a backup. He's better than at least 10 starters out there in my opinion.  I don't think he will ever be a career starter, though.  His ceiling is only so high, so he's never going to lead a team to a Super Bowl, and that's the problem.  At some point teams move on from him. 

25 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Yeah, I think Minshew might get another shot as a starter somewhere else at some point.  I'm sure he wants another shot at it, so I don't see him signing an extension to be a backup. He's better than at least 10 starters out there in my opinion.  I don't think he will ever be a career starter, though.  His ceiling is only so high, so he's never going to lead a team to a Super Bowl, and that's the problem.  At some point teams move on from him. 

I’m surprised he’s not starting.  He’s decent.  Limited but decent. 

28 minutes ago, masterlock said:

What worries me is how Richardson dropped to his knees on the sideline before getting back up on his way to the locker room. 

Those things hurt bad.  I've done it to both my shoulders.  The pain can hit you in waves. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

This things hurt bad.  I've done it to both my shoulders.  The pain can hit you in waves. 

I did that doing a back hand spring way past my prime lol.  Waves of heat went through my body.  I could see passing out from it.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think every back up wants to be a starter. However, I really doubt there is much of a market after the season for him as a starter. He has had trh opportunity ro be a starter snd he just doesnt have the skil set to be a sterter in thr long haul. He would be smart to maximize his value now when he is showing he is a great back up.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think every back up wants to be a starter. However, I really doubt there is much of a market after the season for him as a starter. He has had trh opportunity ro be a starter snd he just doesnt have the skil set to be a sterter in thr long haul. He would be smart to maximize his value now when he is showing he is a great back up.

Teams are starting to just rank instead of trying to stay average so guys like Minshew being a starter are slim

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'm guessing with the amount of injuries AR is having,  the Colts will pay him pretty well to stay here as his backup.   We will see

1) Its unlikely that he needs surgery if its only an AC sprain.  Xrays would've indicated a more severe type of injury for which surgery would be necessary.  However, the MRI will tell if the ligaments are torn and/or if there is any other soft tissue injury involving the shoulder joint.  If its AC sprain requiring no surgery, my best guess is that he is out 2-4 weeks.  

2) Do not, without exception, put AR back on the field until he is absolutely pain free throwing a football with all throws.  We do not as a franchise or fanbase need a repeat of the Andrew Luck 2015 season which altered his career. 

3) At the risk of belaboring a point, no more read option plays in this offense.  If Richardson busts a run off a broken pass play, fine.  However, its pretty clear that using him as a RB is going to lead to problems long term.  If he can't be developed into a guy that can win throwing the football (which BTW I absolutely think he can), then we drafted the wrong guy anyways.   

• Like 1